Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are y'all talking about "hurting" the shoe? Whats that even mean? You mean these colors are the reason this shoe isn't selling out instantly in the way you all complain about? You'd prefer Nike release less colors as to not hurt your shoe's aftermarket value? I don't understand the mentality of sneaker consumers these days. Its either you're pissed Nike isn't making enough for demand or they aren't making good enough shoes to create insane demand. Glutton for pain and aggravation is what y'all have become. Geez!

Last edited:
I've been wearing the Kobe VI to ball in since they came out,
then went back and forth with them and the Lebron 9. Hadn't rolled my ankle
in 3 years. On my 3rd wear with the blue diamonds, rolled
the living piss outta my ankle. I know you can sprain and ankle
in any shoe, brace or no brace, tape, etc. but in comparing the sole of the Lebron X
with the Kobe VI, the heel is much narrower, so less stability. As far as cushion, though...
X's crush it.

My favorite X colorway since I first saw them. Fireberries and GM close behind

2n6anoz.jpg

I'll always stated that the 10s aren't as good as the 9s. That's cause I think the 9s was such an original design.

But still.....the 10s are decent. I've actually liked the colorways released so far except for the boring Blk/red joints.

The two problems with the 10s is Nike & Lebron being greedy with the pricing. I mean damn....it's only been two years since the 8s but I know y'all miss that $160. And lastly.....it's NOT the abundance of colorways. It's Nike dropping all of them within 6 weeks. I'm mean damn.....spread them b#%&@es out some so people that don't live with their Mommas can cop too. :D

Anyways....

Floridians. Look good in store....so I scooped on the hookup.

Not bad on foot...

FLORIDIANS LOOK GREAT WITH CAMO... THE CHECK IS ACTUALLY A GLITTERY SILVER-DOPE...AND THE MATTE FINISH IS FIRE... AGAIN... WISH IT DDNT HAVE PINK AND ORANGE... UBER FAIL

Today i was lacing up my pressures for bball and the ace tip came right off. Now the laces, since they are woven, are falling apart. I called Nike and they said there is nothing they can do since they say I've worn the shoe. What can i do to fix it? Or where can i buy the laces because i know the laces are special made.

Thanks,

-C

What are y'all talking about "hurting" the shoe? Whats that even mean? You mean these colors are the reason this shoe isn't selling out instantly in the way you all complain about? You'd prefer Nike release less colors as to not hurt your shoe's aftermarket value? I don't understand the mentality of sneaker consumers these days. Its either you're pissed Nike isn't making enough for demand or they aren't making good enough shoes to create insane demand. Glutton for pain and aggravation is what y'all have become. Geez!

Nobody said anything about about aftermarket value.

Nike doesn't have enough design chops to support the number of colorways they release - especially if they are going to save some of their best ideas for PEs and ultra limited hyperstrike-esque releases.

That's it. ...We are saying that Nike should release an album instead of a mixtape. Leave the killer, cut the filler.

You're reaching hard here.There's nothing that's "kids these days mentality" about the desire for fewer colorways; in fact, that's a call for more similarities to days past. And, stamp that - because I'm the biggest crotchedy old man on this board.

except "Bomb Squad Records"

Last edited:
walked into my local HOH and saw every single bron X colorway besides crown jewels and olympics sitting... tried on floridians and jades..and passed on both.

y'all can say whatever y'all want but y'all know deep down we like our jordans GR, and our brons limited :wink:

Nobody said anything about about aftermarket value.
Nike doesn't have enough design chops to support the number of colorways they release - especially if they are going to save some of their best ideas for PEs and ultra limited hyperstrike-esque releases.
That's it. ...We are saying that Nike should release an album instead of a mixtape. Leave the killer, cut the filler.
You're reaching hard here.There's nothing that's "kids these days mentality" about the desire for fewer colorways; in fact, that's a call for more similarities to days past. And, stamp that - because I'm the biggest crotchedy old man on this board.
except "Bomb Squad Records"

Don't know how its a reach when its a question but if you say so. I like that Nike is drowning the market with so many colorways. For one it gives me many color options, for two its gives me a better chance to see some at outlet and sale prices to go hoop in and beat up on court without feeling like an A hole for killing $180+ shoes. It also discourages the ever so dreadful "hypebeast" (hate that word) that seem to be the boogie men of the community from attaching themselves to any particular Nike Sig Line. At this point I don't give a damn about sig line integrity with the way people act a fool to acquire shoes and how many hoops you have to jump through to just get a chance at spending your money. To each his own, was just trying to understand in what way Nike was "hurting" this shoe. The shoe is just fine, maybe the bubble has burst finally. :D

P.S. These days I'd prefer a mixtape over an album, those "industry requirements" for an album have killed creativity.

No.  They have 12 pairs for the online raffle.  They also have pairs for in store customers.
That's my bad. Just read the online raffle part not the in-store part.
The store in Barcelona did the same exact thing with their Yeezy 2 release (12 pairs online and 12 pairs in store).  So judging by that, AND THIS IS JUST A GUESS, I'll assume that the Corks are being released in similar #'s to the Yeezy 2's.

Last edited:
The Carbons via Nike Basketball! 
[h1]Nike LeBron X "Carbon"[/h1]

Last edited:
Today i was lacing up my pressures for bball and the ace tip came right off. Now the laces, since they are woven, are falling apart. I called Nike and they said there is nothing they can do since they say I've worn the shoe. What can i do to fix it? Or where can i buy the laces because i know the laces are special made.

I'll always stated that the 10s aren't as good as the 9s. That's cause I think the 9s was such an original design.
But still.....the 10s are decent. I've actually liked the colorways released so far except for the boring Blk/red joints.
The two problems with the 10s is Nike & Lebron being greedy with the pricing. I mean damn....it's only been two years since the 8s but I know y'all miss that $160. And lastly.....it's NOT the abundance of colorways. It's Nike dropping all of them within 6 weeks. I'm mean damn.....spread them b#%&@es out some so people that don't live with their Mommas can cop too. :D
Anyways....
Floridians. Look good in store....so I scooped on the hookup.

Not bad on foot...

The Jordan's on your right foot still look better.

Carbon's will be copped when they go on sale like the pressures. Can't wait to see the Lava's in person will probably cop those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom