OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Happy for PG so far. Glad to say that i (and others here) didn't give up on him.

Hope he continues his current level of play thru the playoffs.

PG’s been balling out of his mind. Unfortunately he’ll never get love from anyone unless he balls in the postseason :lol:

True. And he’s had a few seasons where he looked amazing early and then regressed after the all-star break. He’s definitely going to need to be good all season and in the playoffs to change the narrative about him.

crazy how people forget about PG's leg injury and how he's been able to come back and play the way he's been playing

i think its best the games close or the clips are down to end the first half, its like they know they need that extra energy in the third and they build this big leads and take it to the end of the game and finish strong

when theyre up by 20 and theres too many time left on the game, its like they slowly get bored and eventually fall asleep

theyre shooting well now too especially behind the 3 and we all know they likely wont keep that up so what really worries me is their defense, i cant find the exact numbers but are they really about the 23rd or 25th in def rating?

i mean i know it all kennards fault because they pretty much hunt him down when he’s on the court but i thought theyd be better still with trezz gone...

i think its best the games close or the clips are down to end the first half, its like they know they need that extra energy in the third and they build this big leads and take it to the end of the game and finish strong

when theyre up by 20 and theres too many time left on the game, its like they slowly get bored and eventually fall asleep

theyre shooting well now too especially behind the 3 and we all know they likely wont keep that up so what really worries me is their defense, i cant find the exact numbers but are they really about the 23rd or 25th in def rating?

i mean i know it all kennards fault because they pretty much hunt him down when he’s on the court but i thought theyd be better still with trezz gone...

i don't look much into our ratings since we finished top 5 last year and it didnt result in a chip, but the dallas game is the large reason for our defensive rating being where it is right now but the defense as slowly gotten better the past couple games and will only improve as it catches up to our offense

even with that game considered, our offense is still first and we rank 3rd in the net rating which is insane when factoring a 50 point loss lol

regression is bound to happen with our shooting (es. 3pt) but with us starting off our season against tough competition and now having an easy stretch of games, we can only be hopeful it allows for us to pick it up defensively

from all this, i just applaud ty lue for adjusting lineups and actually limiting reggie and lou's minutes so that we aren't a big defensive liability

eh, the rating is still an indication of how good or bad they are

bubble f’d up the team and the chemistry

despite the 50pt loss, all the other games where they were pretty much leading by 20 in each games that theyve won should have balanced things out by now

the defnse is definitely worrying as ty goes for shoot first and worry about def later mentality so far

Clippers are now 16th in defensive rating. 3rd in net rating. They were 27th like 5 days ago. :lol:

that 51 point loss in the 3rd game of the season slewed all the stats.

The last few games our 3rd quarter has been fantastic when we traditionally come out flat after halftime under Doc. Gotta tip your hat to Ty Lue and our coaching staff. They also got our boys playing better team defense as well. Liking what I see so far and hoping this team can continue to gel.

still feel like we’re one player away from a legit shot. Doesn’t have to be a superstar or wven a star. But I just feel like we’re lacking a little bit.

still feel like we’re one player away from a legit shot. Doesn’t have to be a superstar or wven a star. But I just feel like we’re lacking a little bit.

agree with you here, either a back up PF or guard that's mainly a 3 and D guy would make me more comfortable with our rotations

Reactions: HIM
So I decided to compare Luke’s numbers to Kuzma’s since they both signed essentially the same deal this year and are around the same age.

kuzma 10-5-1 on 43/40/67 shooting
Luke 9-3-2 on 52/51/90 shooting

This i pretty much what I expected. His deal looks like a ridiculous deal but that’s pretty much the market rate for his caliber. As other players sign deals, his will look less pricey. It reminds me of Flacco becoming the highest QB paidever but immediately being passed up as other QBs signed their new deals. Or Austin Rivers’ deal looking pricey until other players signed theirs a few years ago.

Some might compare it to the deal Trezz signed but trezz signed a 1 year deal hoping he can get rid of the stink from the bubble and sign a big deal. His deal, assuming he doesn’t play like dog**** again, is gonna blow Kuzma and Luke out of the water.

Kuzma
-1.6 offensive plus/minus
-1.4 defensive plus/minus
-3.0 total plus/minus
-0.1 VORP

Luke
-0.5 offensive plus/minus
-1.5 defensive plus/minus
-2.1 total plus/minus
0.0 VORP

Any way you slice it, Luke has been better. But you’ve made your mind up :lol:

I didn’t want Luke and he hasn’t been really good. But the contract is overblown.

Last edited:
+/- says more about the people the guy is playing with than the guy himself. I’d bet everyone on our second unit has a trash +\-

And, as HIM HIM has pointed out, the 50 point L to the Mavs is going to skew some stats like that for a while.

Seeing how much rfx45 rfx45 hates luke made me think about my Most hated Clippers ever.

McGruder
Avery Bradley
Jared Dudley

Any way you slice it, Luke has been better.

I didn’t want Luke and he hasn’t been really good. But the contract is overblown.

alll im seeing is that they both suck

two crappy contracts doesnt make lukes any better :lol:

if you want to compare, chritian woods contracts cost less and no one would take kennard over him in a million years

we gon be able to do this all day long but the point is dudes terrible and the other team salivates when he enters the game

even lou is +12 and i want him in the game more and thats saying A LOT

Seeing how much rfx45 rfx45 hates luke made me think about my Most hated Clippers ever.

McGruder
Avery Bradley
Jared Dudley

mcgruder i mainly hate cuz for some reason doc loved him, he didnt deserve to be on the court when its not garbage time

alll im seeing is that they both suck

two crappy contracts doesnt make lukes any better :lol:

if you want to compare, chritian woods contracts cost less and no one would take kennard over him in a million years

we gon be able to do this all day long but the point is dudes terrible and the other team salivates when he enters the game

even lou is +12 and i want him in the game more and thats saying A LOT

Christian wood is -18 so he sucks. Luke’s -5 is way better.

Christian wood is -18 so he sucks. Luke’s -5 is way better.

Wood has been in the league 5 years and has never lasted more than one season with any team. He has career averages of 10, 5 and .7. There’s a reason he got the contract he did. Kudos to him for balling this year, but it may be an outlier season (or start to the season).

Back
Top Bottom