OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Christian wood is -18 so he sucks. Luke’s -5 is way better.

+/- says more about the people the guy is playing with than the guy himself.

Wood has been in the league 5 years and has never lasted more than one season with any team. He has career averages of 10, 5 and .7. There’s a reason he got the contract he did. Kudos to him for balling this year, but it may be an outlier season (or start to the season).

whats lukes excuse for the big contract then? what has he earned? luke doesnt even have an outlier

A318EE94-3DA4-4442-BAD8-B2B0C0CA502B.jpeg

i wasn’t being serious. Just pointing out plus/minus is not the best way to evaluate

whats lukes excuse for the big contract then? what has he earned? luke doesnt even have an outlier

He’s was on a rookie deal and has improved his numbers every year he’s been in the league. Got an extension consistent with the market for his class. Not complicated.

in that context, i get the signing, i really do but his worthiness is what was brought up

and arguable that most overpaid contract arent worth it but for the best interest of my argument, kennards is not worth it

also just a heads up, im gon be extra grumpy this season because i cant watch any of these damn games

even when its on tnt, its gon get blocked like last nights lakers game because of all these exclusivity bs deals

in that context, i get the signing, i really do but his worthiness is what was brought up

and arguable that most overpaid contract arent worth it but for the best interest of my argument, kennards is not worth it

we’re strapped in cap space so it only made sense to extend him and i’m pretty sure you’d prefer that over us extending shamet

while luke could be a defensive liability, we have guys on our team that will help hide it and just off watching what’s he’s done up to this point, he’s done everything that he’s expected to do

our new system being heavy with the ball movement filled with so many shooters, i don’t expect him to have a high PPG average but he’s another guy that helps space the floor and is going to be a threat in the offensive side

business-wise, i know what needs to be done even if it sucks but again just not worth it

shamet is sucking right now on the nets but i do prefer him over luke on the clips, i still feel he can do just as much on the offense as luke and are much better on defense

i still dont see this "playmaking skills", yes he averaged 4 ast with the pistons but its a terrible team where he got some more pt but even the eye test this dude is scared, when he gets it int he paint he'd spin, spin, spin then pass or fake, fake, fake then pass and most of the time it results in a to

shamet stretches the floor too and when he pump fake he can actually drive and get fouled, luke aint doing that sh*** he too scared

i really do not see what yall seeing but i'll concede a bit and add "yet" to the end of that sentence

miss SGA but good win tonight

rough shooting from 3 but just glad they didn’t blow that big lead away

Yeah, on the one hand it was annoying that we never put the game completely out of reach until the last minute, but on the other hand I was glad to see us be able to keep putting points on the board despite shooting poorly from deep.

Serge and Zu both did a good job attacking the glass and getting open inside.

PG might fall off and be the "same old PG" but it irks me that right now he isn't even mentioned as an mvp candidate. I'd, LeBron, embiid are all mentioned...No PG

PG might fall off and be the "same old PG" but it irks me that right now he isn't even mentioned as an mvp candidate. I'd, LeBron, embiid are all mentioned...No PG

media sleeps on us a whole unless its something negative they have to say and i prefer for us to be kept in the silence.
crazy how PG is currently shooting 50/50/90 and nobody is talking about it

that's not to discount how well Kawhi has been playing to start off the season either. we got 2 guys playing at MVP like levels, but i don't mind them keeping quiet about us. nice to have our names kept out of all the headlines and just focus on balling

i was just laughing earlier this week

lakers lost a double digit lead to the dubs and “theyre just bored, got caught slippin” even though lebron looked extra salty to lose to them again

clops lost a double digit lead to the same team (in which curry got hot btw) and “they collapsin early, theyre jot improvin, theyre the same ol clips and nevr win anything”

Back
Top Bottom