OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

14FA888B-EA6D-4189-B460-EB3535D09293.jpeg

I wouldn't worry too much about this, every team in the NBA employs this kind of ****ery :lol: it's the culture of Sports. No loyalty. And no one is turning down big money in LA because of it I think, just have to charge it to the nature of the beast that is the NBA.
Honesty and consistency at very least pays off. I'm not saying the Clippers did it wrong or that they should've kept Blake. To sign him to that contract just this past summer and trade him before the all star break in season 1 in that deal? But if you look at Boston, outside of the IT deal, they were open, honest and it helped to minimize their rebuild time.

When the time came, Boston open and honest with kg and Paul pierce about the direction they were going in...and honest and open with doc as well.

Honesty and consistency at very least pays off. I'm not saying the Clippers did it wrong or that they should've kept Blake. To sign him to that contract just this past summer and trade him before the all star break in season 1 in that deal? But if you look at Boston, outside of the IT deal, they were open, honest and it helped to minimize their rebuild time.

When the time came, Boston open and honest with kg and Paul pierce about the direction they were going in...and honest and open with doc as well.
There has to be some dirty messiness that happened in the background for them to do Blake like this. This seems so disrespectful to do to Blake. This situation should remind players why its so important to get that no trade clause. I'm sure if Blake knew the team wanted to trade him he would have liked to play a role in finding a suitable destination for him.

There has to be some dirty messiness that happened in the background for them to do Blake like this. This seems so disrespectful to do to Blake. This situation should remind players why its so important to get that no trade clause. I'm sure if Blake knew the team wanted to trade him he would have liked to play a role in finding a suitable destination for him.
Agreed. To be rivals with cp3, sign long term after cp cut turf, commit to the team and the city long term, only to be traded to Detroit a half a season later? I feel like that is a big slap in the face.

I firmly believe bg would be in Boston for less money on a short term deal if he knew it would go down like this

So, our projected starters next game are Milos, Gallo, Bradley, Harris and DJ. That actually doesn’t sound so bad...

Update: it appears Blake can still play basketball well, even for another team.

Let's hope we see the same is true for Bradley and Harris tomorrow...

^^^ Blake gonna be that ex who moved on to a new relationship and really started flourishing and got even hotter somehow.

Then you run into her and see marks on her face because her new boyfriend is abusing her. Meanwhile you're putting up wilt numbers and you don't even have to take them out.

Tobias debut :pimp: :pimp:

- I actually think he can be a part of the next 50 win team for LAC. There's a lot to like about him. Prototypical stretch 4 who's about to enter the prime of his career. We can extend him before next summer if we choose, valuable trade chip, just a great haul for LAC to get two guys in Avery and Tobias who can help right now, are trade assets, and came w/a first and 2nd round pick. Good stuff by the FO.

- Blake looked really good for Detroit in his debut. But he's still really good at basketball, we all know that. His last 8 games he's at something around 24/11/6 which are fantastic numbers. That being said, I still believe the Clips should consider themselves EXTREMELY lucky to have been able to get out of that Blake deal. At the end of the day, paying Blake + Gallo that much money, (in the process infringing on your ability to improve) while being a fringe playoff team is...yikes. To their word, Lawrence has consistently talked about being a world class organization, a top tier organization, and top tier organizations don't get tier 1 contracts to tier two and tier three star, hampering your cap in the process.

Tobias debut :pimp: :pimp:

- To their word, Lawrence has consistently talked about being a world class organization, a top tier organization, and top tier organizations don't get tier 1 contracts to tier two and tier three star, hampering your cap in the process.

Not sure I completely agree with this philosophy since legit, tier 1 players are so hard to come by. And if you don’t get one through the draft, the best was is attracting them through FA when you have other really good players for them to play with. So, I think there’s more value in having a clear, legit second tier player than some might. That said, I am still ok (mostly) with the Blake deal. With him, there’s the other concern with his injury history. That makes the contract we gave him even more risky.

My guy Tobias really out here :smile:

Had a few shots that shoulda gone in. If Pat were healthy and we could have him, Bradley, and DJ on the court at the same time. My, my, my.

Speaking of which, we trading Bradley? What kinda contract is he looking for? I'd be cool with keeping him but we've had undersized SGs for like 7 straight years now. I know he can guard his position but I want a 6'6 215 SG for once.

Still team trade DJ and/or Lou.

My guy Tobias really out here :smile:

Had a few shots that shoulda gone in. If Pat were healthy and we could have him, Bradley, and DJ on the court at the same time. My, my, my.

Speaking of which, we trading Bradley? What kinda contract is he looking for? I'd be cool with keeping him but we've had undersized SGs for like 7 straight years now. I know he can guard his position but I want a 6'6 215 SG for once.

Still team trade DJ and/or Lou.

I think we very well may trade AB by next week but even if we don't I doubt we retain him. A big reason why AB was traded by DET was that he was going to get some big money this summer. I think the same applies here, and w/LAC trying to preserve some form of flexibility, there's no chance that we reup w/AB unless his asking price comes way down (Which is possible, he's been bad this year)

So, I think the Clips FO has taken a page out of BOS's playbook. Trying to be competitive, while building for the future, and at least for right now they look like they're doing a great job of it.

For starters, they still can be a playoff team if they don't trade Lou / DJ. DJ + Milos PnR surrounded by Lou / Rivers / Gallo / Harris / Bradley is really good. That's a ton of elite level 3pt shooting and scoring. All of those guys w/ the exception of Gallo are over 40 on 3's this season. They can be good this year, and even better.

At the same time, they have Evans / Thornwell / Wallace / with two 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick this summer and only Gallo has a contract that's hard to move.

The FO is doing some things that may not show it's full self for another couple of years but it's starting now.

Reactions: HIM
i still find myself kind of upset that Doc and others admit that the OKC series a few years back (2-1 lead) was the beginning of the end...and that the rockets debacle (3-1 lead) was the end. if they thought it was the end...if that was the consensus...why wait till this year to really truly end it? smh

Back
Top Bottom