OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

i still find myself kind of upset that Doc and others admit that the OKC series a few years back (2-1 lead) was the beginning of the end...and that the rockets debacle (3-1 lead) was the end. if they thought it was the end...if that was the consensus...why wait till this year to really truly end it? smh

Hindsight is 20/20? Maybe idk lol it's easier to evaluate where the 'end' was after it's over.

W/that being said though, we probably should of traded BG at the 16' deadline. That CP/DJ PnR was deadly, we were winning with that formula, and the shooting + Depth we would have gotten in a BG deal at the time probably would of made our team better. Oh well

i still find myself kind of upset that Doc and others admit that the OKC series a few years back (2-1 lead) was the beginning of the end...and that the rockets debacle (3-1 lead) was the end. if they thought it was the end...if that was the consensus...why wait till this year to really truly end it? smh

Those are just things you say after the fact. What if instead of Blake and CP3 getting hurt two years ago, it's Curry and Draymon?. We get by Portland, beat GSW, we upset OKC and we make the finals. We were a couple lucky breaks from a Finals run. It just so happened that we were always the break that led to other teams advancing. Always some injury at the worst time that took us out of contention.

Sure those OKC/HOU series were the best opportunities we had, but you don't know that until everything is all said and done.

I still think the biggest mistake in the Houston series was Doc being satisfied with the game 1 win in Houston. If he brings CP3 back in game 2, we win imo. We dominated games 3 and 4. Series should have been a sweep. We would have likely lost to GSW but the whole 2nd round stigma would be gone. I would have been 100x angrier if we blew it up after the Houston series.

i feel you guys. i guess...it sucks to hear doc say it.

I agree, but I can’t be that mad about since most of us on here felt that way regardless. Team just wasn’t the same after the Houston collapse in terms of chemistry/playing with joy.

I got League Pass again a few day ago so I could continue to watch my favorite ex-Clippers. BG in particular seems to be newly energized and having more fun than he was here. I noticed he’s also Tweeting about games again, which he basically stopped doing as a Clipper. Plus, it appears that the rest of the NBA world besides Clippers fans have started to remember Blake’s a really good player. I’m happy for him in that respect. Too bad it took him changing teams for it to happen, but it is what it is.

Anyway, onward with the new era. Yesterday was a good first step...

So, whether we make another trade or not, we should know by the end of this month whether its going to be playoffs or lottery. 7 of the 9 remaining games we play this month are on the road, including games @ GSW, BOS and DEN. Play the Rockets too. Tough stretch.

So, whether we make another trade or not, we should know by the end of this month whether its going to be playoffs or lottery. 7 of the 9 remaining games we play this month are on the road, including games @ GSW, BOS and DEN. Play the Rockets too. Tough stretch.

**** smh

But I felt with Blake that we weren’t making the playoffs, so I’d be very surprised if we made it now. Would be dope if we made it though

Bradley should have just dribbled that out instead of laying it up but good hard fought win though. 13-0 run to end the game.

^^^ Jerry lied to you, bruh. Woj reporting we’re close to signing Lou to an extension...unless we’re just doing that so we can trade him while he’s under a longer term deal...anything is possible now.

Lou is still very much tradeable this summer. An extension IMO is actually a solid play here and his max extension (Which im certain we didn't give him) is 4/42 so he isn't breaking the bank. Solid move and in a way makes him more tradeable.

^^^ From the sounds of it, the team didn’t like the low-ball offers they were getting for Lou and decided to go ahead and sign him. Makes sense to me.

I’m glad to see him stay.

^^^ From the sounds of it, the team didn’t like the low-ball offers they were getting for Lou and decided to go ahead and sign him. Makes sense to me.

I’m glad to see him stay.

Makes sense. He's easier to trade if he isn't an impending FA and it's a team option on the third year. This has more to do with that than anything. Lou Williams on a 3/31 w/ the 3rd year being a team option is much more tradeable this summer.

^^^ Well, Jerry hit my on the cell and asked me to come out, but I’m kind of slammed at work right now. Gonna have to pass...

Reactions: HIM
So DJ and Lou stay. Didn’t see that happening last week. This has been a weird season to say the least.

I spoke to Jerry and he told me we actually offered DJ an extension which DJ turned down. It was not a max extension so I'm very happy with that.

Take a paycut or get the **** out :smile: :pimp:

I spoke to Jerry and he told me we actually offered DJ an extension which DJ turned down. It was not a max extension so I'm very happy with that.

Take a paycut or get the **** out :smile: :pimp:

Yep. And I honestly don’t see any team maxing DJ out this Summer. Teams seem to be getting a little tighter with money, particularly big money over a long term.

The one exception could be the Lakers after LebLeb and PG turn them down. LOL. If they want to throw a few bags at DJ, let him go accross the hall.

Blake Griffin is about to play basketball against the Clippers. That’s weird bros.

No money in FA this year so that worries me less and he's restricted this summer but man Montrezl Harrell is really good.

Will we have cap space to make an offer to Lebron this offseason?

Nice win tonight. Emotional game, on the road, against a team who had been playing well. Lou Will earning his contract already...

Back
Top Bottom