OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

^^^ It was pretty disgusting. I actually turned the game off with 4 minutes left because I could see where it was headed...

Was a weird game. Staples sounded like a Heat home game. There was a rookie ref who gave Tobias a tech and ejected Doc for really minor stuff. Still no excuse for how bad we played. The Heat only had 8 healthy players, so they went zone in the second half and it completely threw us. Offense went to shambles and Miami just got more confident as the game went on.

Unrelated but Law...get ready. It's Destiny man :lol:

^^^ No way. KD’s too soft. He don’t want to be out here in LA with every Lakers fan he runs into calling him a ***** everywhere he goes for signing with the Clips...:lol:

Rewatching the heat game now. This game was weird. 2nd half had very little flow and rhythm. A lot of bad defensive breakdowns. Clips bottom 5 defense over the last five games. Something to watch moving forward. Big week ahead.

Sunday rant regarding KD :lol: :lol:

If he doesn't return to the Warriors I truly believe KD and player x has a real shot at landing in LAC. I think there's validity to it. (I've been wrong plenty of times before this wouldn't be the first but **** it :lol:)

- The NYK thing...Idk. They're just so far away from competing, the path to a chip is much cleaner w/the Clips. The Knicks would have to do some serious gymnastics to put together a championship team next season even with KD. The Kleiman angle though makes this interesting. I don't see the path to immediate contention to a title even w/KD, and they're projected to win under 30 games this year w/no real blue chip to sell KD on this summer aside from an ACL healing KP. Tough sell to someone in the prime of his career.

- The Lakers obviously have a shot at this. But, (and I know we're talking about KD here so who knows) I can't fathom KD leaving GSW, under the shadow of steph and the OG Dub core...to join Lebron's team, a guy he's openly lamented about being 2nd to his entire career. You can take KD's toxic Lebron comments however you want, but him recognizing that playing w/LBJ is toxic for other stars (Even if he didn't mean himself) is interesting. The fact that he even brought it up means something. The Dubs move made no sense so maybe trying to use logic here is foolish, but the Lakers move reeks of laker exceptionalism.

- I obviously am bias towards LAC but this feels real. As much as people dismiss this, he gave the Clips a meeting in 2016 when they had no cap space. They were in his top 3 in 2016 w/no cap space, highlighting his "affinity" towards the franchise. Fast forward to 2019, and the Clips are still a winning Franchise w/an elite FO and much more cap space. I feel like this is the Lakers...in the opposite direction. This reeks of Clippers unexceptionalism. The Clippers have
- Michael Winger, who essentially brought KD in the league in OKC
- A good team already in place. Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell, Shai-Gilgeous Alexander, all are under contract next season
- A coach he thinks highly of and respects in Doc Rivers.
- A front office that's well respected league wide with Jerry West, Michael Winger, Lawrence Frank, etc.
- In Los Angeles
- W/cap space to pair Kevin Durant w/another very good max player or a superstar if they can finesse Kawhi (or someone else)
- Richest owner in sports who'll aid in his off court ventures

If they weren't "The Clippers" this would be extremely viable contenders. Also, if the Clippers were still the Clippers it would seem wild to put the Clips in your top 3 in one of the biggest decisions in your life. Stephen A is not the first guy who has mentioned the potential KD to LAC thing. I think it's real.Clips have a real shot. ( lawdog1 lawdog1 sorry bro :lol: )

Last edited:
^^^ I don’t disagree there’s a lot of reasons KD SHOULD come here. If he’s thinking about legacy and wants to do something to differentiate himself, getting the LA Clippers to the Finals would be an excellent way to it. I just don’t he will go that way.

Watched the game on dvr and my dvr literally stopped recording right after we missed the game winner in regulation. Didnmt get to see OT but glad we won. I have a god feeling vs Toronto

IDK about tonight. We haven’t played well in a while and Lou might be out. Gonna be tough.

IDK about tonight. We haven’t played well in a while and Lou might be out. Gonna be tough.

Game like tonight could be just what this team needs. Against a really good team, it's a chance to take a step in the right direction against a meaningful opponent.

They've fallen off of a cliff defensively. Bottom 6 in the league over the past 7 games. 25th in the league in Defensive rebounding percentage over that same timespan. Us not having a dependable big outside of Trez really hurts.

The good news though, is that the Clips are a game out of 1st despite playing the 2nd most road games in the conference, and despite this slippage. If we can get out of December in the 4th to 5th seed range, we're Gucci for the rest of the year health provided.

Also, I am continuously shocked at how Gallo looks this year. Like a totally different player. Attacking the rim, trying to yam on people. His health has made a huge difference.

Yikes. Defense continues to be a major problem w/this team right now. Clips not having one real playable 5 on the roster hurts big time.

Not sure what to expect tonight. I guess whatever team sucks least on defense will win?

I’m convinced we’re just in a slump...but I have no idea when we’ll get out of it...

Clips are just too small. They can't protect the rim, their bigs are way too slow and / or offensively challenged, and their best defensive players are 6'2. The starting lineup of SGA/AB/TH/Gallo/Gortat was just unsustainably good. No way a playoff team is starting both Gortat and AB.

Bring up Motley or make a move to get bigger and faster upfront.

^^^ This **** is depressing. I’m sure it’s happened before, but I can’t remember the Clippers getting absolutely destroyed in so many games close together like they have over the last week...

I’m convinced we’re just in a slump...but I have no idea when we’ll get out of it...

Yeahhh...I kind of agree. But I kind of disagree. The team legit is painfully thin upfront and their best defenders are too small. Avery Bradley and Pat Bev are just so anemic offensively and while they're great defenders, they're small...meaning they aren't making that much of a difference to the team's defensive bottom line.

The Clips trotting out Gortat and an undersized Montrezl Harrell is MUCH more of an issue than say, AB and Pat Bev being good defenders. Especially if they can't shoot.

The real reason why I think there may be something to this slump is that the clips

1) best defenders are short.

2) They can't rebound or protect the rim. Can't be a playoff team if you don't do either.

Doesn’t help when Doc doesn’t adjust. Has Trez or Gallo at the 5 ever worked this season? Even when we were winning we were getting killed on the glass. Play gortat or boban with Trez at the same time play tobi as adn gallo along with them. **** it. Try something new. Let’s go big :lol:

Yeahhh...I kind of agree. But I kind of disagree. The team legit is painfully thin upfront and their best defenders are too small. Avery Bradley and Pat Bev are just so anemic offensively and while they're great defenders, they're small...meaning they aren't making that much of a difference to the team's defensive bottom line.

The Clips trotting out Gortat and an undersized Montrezl Harrell is MUCH more of an issue than say, AB and Pat Bev being good defenders. Especially if they can't shoot.

The real reason why I think there may be something to this slump is that the clips

1) best defenders are short.

2) They can't rebound or protect the rim. Can't be a playoff team if you don't do either.

Everything you said is true, but I also think the schedule has a lot to do with what’s been happening. The team just looks tired and understandably so. I’m trying to think how I’d feel if I wasn’t able to sleep in my own bed for more than two consecutive days in a month and it would be pretty ****ty. We need energy to overcome our shortcomings and just don’t have it right now.

Motley for sure should get a look though. Gortat has been very disappointing. He can actually shoot the ball, but passes up decent looks all the time.

Doesn’t help when Doc doesn’t adjust. Has Trez or Gallo at the 5 ever worked this season? Even when we were winning we were getting killed on the glass. Play gortat or boban with Trez at the same time play tobi as adn gallo along with them. **** it. Try something new. Let’s go big :lol:

Even though I don't think Boban is it, he can't be worse than Gortat. Gortat is AWFUL. Trez won quite a few games at the beginning of the season playing a lot of 5 for us to be fair. Gallo has been a train wreck at the 5 except for against Phoenix.

If we're going to try something, we should try Motley or Delgado IMO. Motley especially. We called him up once already. He's been a monster in the GL and should fair better guarding in space along with providing some rebounding.

Back
Top Bottom