OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

im surprised this really bee brought up much, why would the clips make it easy for their competition in their conference get better?

:lol:

if i were the clips, imma have to fleece them of everything if they want pg likely facing off against me

im surprised this really bee brought up much, why would the clips make it easy for their competition in their conference get better?

:lol:
Right?

Especially the Warriors, who relished ****ting on the Lob City squad once they were the better team. :lol:

I know the counter-argument on the Warriors fan side is, “well it’s better than letting PG walk for nothing” - but I just don’t think the front office is going to allow that to happen.

i read somewhere, not sure if 100% true, but letting pg go actually drops them tot he first apron and allows them to sign higher paid players?

just like most, this apron stuff confuses the hell out of me but freeing up $40m+ might not be so bad if they believe they can sign someone else out there

but again this cp3 and his $30m expiring makes little to no sense because isnt pg a bugger expiring too? then just let $40m+ go walk or expire next year then? just very little benefit for the clips

Last edited:
I think that’s a little short sighted. They should be open to trading with any team. If they hold onto Paul George and get bounced in the first round just to spite GSW, is that worth it?

i read somewhere, not sure if 100% true, but letting pg go actually drops them tot he first apron and allows them to sign higher paid players?

just like most, this apron stuff confuses the hell out of me but freeing up $40m+ might not be so bad if they believe they can sign someone else out there

but again this cp3 and his $30m expiring makes little to no sense because isnt pg a bugger expiring too? then just let $40m+ go walk or expire next year then? just very little benefit for the clips

This issue is PG’s team is saying he will demand a trade if he opts in. So he really isn’t an expiring contract. He wants a max from the Clippers or another team. The Clippers could always call his bluff but unfortunately that won’t go over well with agents around the league. So the CP3 trade works in the sense that we’re getting a legit expiring contract.

A month ago, none of us wanted to run it back. Imo that shouldn’t change just because it’s the warriors we’re “helping out.” Especially conaidering that I think the warriors have 0 shot to win it all with PG. if anything, it helps us even more to give them Pg and his overpaid xontract so they can be a 2nd rd exit for the next 5 years and have no flexibility:lol:

i dont really know what is going on with this team. from the outside looking in, it doesnt seem like they have a plan or a defined direction at all.

imo

but maybe thats what this team needs? idk

but i do know that the better teams in the league are getting bigger, physical and more defensive minded. i mentioned this change in the NBA thread and...ehhh whatever.

again, IMO

Russ picking up his option

IMG_0222.gif

No way they gonna run it back w/ PG13 after all this? All the news about them not being on the same page and openly discussing it.

Don’t wish this on them but almost feels like Klay is on the table as well if dealings proceed w/ that team. Would also be convinced Morey would have a chub for dude still so he’s got some leverage outside of just that team from da bay.

The core returning to play in the new arena could carry some of that old Crypto stench in to muck up the new vibes. Maybe shoulda drafted Bronny in order to setup a play for this summer’s biggest FA in a shocking twist 🤷

I'm ok with cleaning house and starting over tbh.

After 4 years of all bark and no bite, dudes is 4 years older and want long term deals? With nothing to show for it in the last 4 years?

I'm also 100% convinced that kawhi's issue is chronic and debilitating. He'll never be able to go a full season again.

Imo

so what can the clips realistically do?

thats $48m off the cap, are they down to the first apron or completely off the apron? what restrictions do they have in signing players?

and honestly, i like it that the team took a stance for once, all these stupid analyst cant understand why they dont want to pay and supposedly agents were confused because teams are suppose to just pay the max 4 years all the time

f all that

also, why is he even meeting with the clips again?

Back
Top Bottom