OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ I'm with you. In terms of offensive skills - shot, handle, shot making - Kyrie's as good as anyone. But I don't know that his style and attitude is always conducive to winning. And he thinks the Earth is flat, so...

I agree with y'all. Seems to me like if we don't land a superstar anytime soon, might as well build for the future through drafts, etc. For the time being, I'd rather see what these group of guys can do next year and be excited.

Maybe when I'm 60, I'll see us back to the playoffs. :tongue:

We need a star 2guard, that's what we really need to cap the team off

Tbh they just need Blake to stay healthy and play like a top 5 player. With this roster, if he does that then you're looking at a potentially 50 win team and he absolutely has that ability.

Right now we don't have much of any cap space but IMO that'll change as the season goes on and as we head into next summer. They want another max guy to pair with Blake.

Last edited:
Very interested in what LAC does with DJ. Do they trade him if we get off to a slow start? Do they trade him if we get off to an 'okayish' start? Do they let him ride into FA?

I'm not with maxing DJ out next summer. Cap got kind of tricky for the next summer with the Gallo signing but players can be moved and a max slot can be opened if we get someone to come play with us next summer.

Regardless I do expect the roster to be a fluid one this season and guys like Lou Will, DJ, etc. are prime Trade candidates if we get off to a bad or mediocre start.

Ballmer x Woj. Great listen. Among other things, Clips were apparently committed to giving CP a full 5 year max, were in constant communication with him since the start of last season, etc.

^^^ Have no doubts that's true. Said all of last year that I thought CP would not hesitate to leave if he thought he had a better chance of winning elsewhere. Was not surprised at all that we wanted to go to Houston.

Very interested in what LAC does with DJ. Do they trade him if we get off to a slow start? Do they trade him if we get off to an 'okayish' start? Do they let him ride into FA?

I'm not with maxing DJ out next summer. Cap got kind of tricky for the next summer with the Gallo signing but players can be moved and a max slot can be opened if we get someone to come play with us next summer.

Regardless I do expect the roster to be a fluid one this season and guys like Lou Will, DJ, etc. are prime Trade candidates if we get off to a bad or mediocre start.

One thing that "concerns" me now that CP3 is gone is that Blake has a lot of leverage. If he wants to keep his bff on his team, do you trade him away anyway and risk pissing him off? I know Jerry west won't give a ****, but I hope we don't start hearing these "reports" of Blake being mad at the organization for those types of moves :lol:

One thing that "concerns" me now that CP3 is gone is that Blake has a lot of leverage. If he wants to keep his bff on his team, do you trade him away anyway and risk pissing him off? I know Jerry west won't give a ****, but I hope we don't start hearing these "reports" of Blake being mad at the organization for those types of moves :lol:

Read my mind. It's a dynamic that's going to be challenged for sure come this season and next summer.

^^^ I'm honestly not that worried. Blake is a smart dude. He knows this is a business and Ws are the ultimate goal. I think he'll be ok if DJ gets traded.

Mo Buckets going to Orlando for vet's minimum.

And lame-*** Clipper Darrell is in a recent video begging CP3 to come back. Not trying to be a hater, but dude is a clown. Wish he would go become Laker Darrell.

do you guys know the timing on lebrons "i will never play for LAC" statement? when that came out, i felt strongly like that may have been pre-ownership change...?

That was pretty recent

Interesting. He took a meeting with us in his 2010 FA summer when we still had the worst owner in sports. But now that everything related to the franchise is better by any objective measure, LeBron won't play for us? OK, I guess...

Also, the more I think about, the less I think the team should bother jumping into the Kyrie discussions. He's not the kind of player who would put us in the discussion with GSW, so I'd rather ride with what we have and maintain flexibility going into next Summer.

That was pretty recent

I think it was brought out recently. But the time frame upon which he said it was never said.

Kinda like, it could have been said recently or pre ownership change.

lawdog1 lawdog1

I agree. To piggy back off of that, to me, the reasons why he wants out of Cleveland points to selfishness and being not too concerned with winning imo.

We don't need any player with those characteristics.

Mildly surprised that neither Sindarius or Jawun are on two way deals and that both were signed to the big club. Happy about it though.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have actively shopped All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving ever since he went to ownership requesting a trade. And according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, 20 teams have reached out to Cleveland to gauge interest in landing the 25-year-old guard.

Of those teams, six made trade offers, according to ESPN: the San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks, and Miami Heat. The others either don’t have enough assets to make a legitimate offer or “loom in the shadows” throughout the deal-making process.

:nerd: :nerd: Clippers been active in about every single trade or FA this summer :lol: Get it done doc and jerry

^^^ Nah, I'm off the Myrie bandwagon. That said, I'm not mad we made an offer to the Cavs for him.

I'm biased because I'm big on Kyrie but also too, any real package involving Kyrie would include sending out DJ who we'll probably lose for nothing in FA next summer I'd assume. 2 years of Kyrie on a good deal vs one year of DJ.

Funny because yesterday I was at this little clipper camp that my brother is working with Olden Polynice (The "Clipper alumni" for the camp this week) and before this report from woj came out he said "They offering DJ for Kyrie, Jerry ain't messing around" :lol: :lol:

I believe having a good center is key for a team to win. I'm totally against getting kyrie if we lose DJ. We don't NEED kyrie, we need a great 2 guard

I believe having a good center is key for a team to win. I'm totally against getting kyrie if we lose DJ. We don't NEED kyrie, we need a great 2 guard

You could make the argument that the opposite is true.

How many elite teams are there where there are 2 bigs? It's kind of archaic. The Cavs nor the Warriors featured a real center in their rotation. The NEED to have a center like DJ to win is just not true. It's overblown big time. Part of the reason Blake's game has suffered is because of DJ not being able to play anywhere else but around the basket.

And Kyrie is on a cheaper, longer deal. We won't even have DJ after next season anyway.I'd pursue it. He's almost 5 years younger than DJ and just came off a season where he averaged 25/3/6 on 47/40/90. That's INCREDIBLE. You can't replicate that. You can to a degree replicate DJ a bit with Willie Reed + Montrez

It's still a long shot that we get Kyrie anyway and it's probably summer fodder, but if possible I'd do it.

You could make the argument that the opposite is true.

How many elite teams are there where there are 2 bigs? It's kind of archaic. The Cavs nor the Warriors featured a real center in their rotation. The NEED to have a center like DJ to win is just not true. It's overblown big time. Part of the reason Blake's game has suffered is because of DJ not being able to play anywhere else but around the basket.

And Kyrie is on a cheaper, longer deal. We won't even have DJ after next season anyway.I'd pursue it. He's almost 5 years younger than DJ and just came off a season where he averaged 25/3/6 on 47/40/90. That's INCREDIBLE. You can't replicate that. You can to a degree replicate DJ a bit with Willie Reed + Montrez

It's still a long shot that we get Kyrie anyway and it's probably summer fodder, but if possible I'd do it.
The warriors lost a 3-1 lead because their 2 bigs were out

Back
Top Bottom