***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 25-13. 6 in a row!!!

No one really knows Shohei, but this doesn’t fit how he moves at all. He’s not money-motivated, only cares about winning, and has been known to be the most boring guy outside of baseball.

Mans differed over $600M of income until a decade from now, why would he gamble for breadcrumbs? He seems like the naive type to really pay off his boy’s gambling debt without hesitation. Him transferring the money directly makes me give him the benefit of doubt, sneaky folks wouldn’t want that paper trail.
True. If this is the case, he’s a heck of a friend.

sounds like they had to backtrack to state that Shohei and his bank account wasn't directly connected to the illegal bookie and degenerate Ippei takes the fall for his own eff up.

if the first story is legit though then why not just give the money to Ippei and have him pay off the bookie. a lot cleaner than what happened. makes me believe the embezzling.
Article says Shohei didn't give him cash cuz he was afraid Ippei would just gamble that away, too, and get even deeper.

Edit: Sorry for the repeat lol, ****'s updating faster than I can go over here :lol:

plus all this went down in Anaheim they didn't have any YTs watching him?!

Wow didn’t know this about yall :lol: I agree Ohtani should have shot a third party some bread to make the payment.

:lol: the vast majority aren't high rollers like Ippei lol just folks who enjoy the weekend slot machines or home mahjong games with your friends. if you see a tour bus driving on the 15 south in the morning they're most likely full of retired Asians heading to Pechanga or Harrah's :lol:

We lowkey gotta be cursed. First The Bauer situation, Urias Situation, and now this Ohtani situation smh

I've been watching this game for 3 hrs and it's only the 7th :lol:

I know how it ends because I got a final score alert on my phone, but at this point I feel like I have to finish my punishment.

This sucks but I don’t see how this ends without Ohtani being put on the exempt list for this season. Ohtani really goofed w this situation.

Nah, he'll be fine. He's not gonna be held liable for Ippei's ****-up. Shohei's lawyers are just doing some PR CYA with the "Ippei stole from Shohei" stuff to create an unnecessary layer of disconnection that gives the Dodgers cover for firing Ippei and get him away from their star. If you read Ippei's original quotes in the ESPN article he sounded like someone who was relieved to finally come clean and admit everything, not someone who was telling tales.

Nah, he'll be fine. He's not gonna be held liable for Ippei's ****-up. Shohei's lawyers are just doing some PR CYA with the "Ippei stole from Shohei" stuff to create an unnecessary layer of disconnection that gives the Dodgers cover for firing Ippei and get him away from their star. If you read Ippei's original quotes in the ESPN article he sounded like someone who was relieved to finally come clean and admit everything, not someone who was telling tales.
I got you but he admitted that Ohtani wired the money, which is a crime. From what a lot of banking exporters are saying, it’s extremely hard for someone to wire so much money from someone else’s account.

I got you but he admitted that Ohtani wired the money, which is a crime. From what a lot of banking exporters are saying, it’s extremely hard for someone to wire so much money from someone else’s account.
How is simply wiring money a crime? It would be a crime for the recipient not to report the $$$ as income, and it was illegal for Ippei to gamble in CA (or to somehow gain access to Shohei's accounts and wire the $$$ himself, which is what Shohei's lawyers seem to be claiming but sounds highly improbable) and for the guy to run a gambling op in CA, but I don't see how Ohtani committed any crime here. He covered his buddy's debts, that's all.

How is simply wiring money a crime? It would be a crime for the recipient not to report the $$$ as income, and it was illegal for Ippei to gamble in CA (or to somehow gain access to Shohei's accounts and wire the $$$ himself, which is what Shohei's lawyers seem to be claiming but sounds highly improbable) and for the guy to run a gambling op in CA, but I don't see how Ohtani committed any crime here. He covered his buddy's debts, that's all.
It’s a crime to wire money to an illegal bookie to cover a betting debt in Ca. Thats why Ohtani’s lawyers are trying to make it seem like Ippei hacked his account.

Back
Top Bottom