***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 93-64. 2 game lead. Making this difficult...

all things considered that was a good win. This padres series a week before the postseason might be a blessing in disguise. The division hasn’t been locked up yet, the Padres are a very good team. They’re basically getting mini October baseball without potentially getting eliminated.

Mookie Betts needs to step up and start playing better though. It would be a bad look if an Austin Barnes caliber player went 0-4 on back to back nights in a must win series. So it looks that much more bad when a Mookie Betts caliber player has those nights. Like it’s cool you did it on Sunday, but no one cares about walk off home runs against bottom feeders like the Rockies. You get the big bucks to perform in October and against good teams.

^^^ I’ll admit for sure that I’m fixating too much on Mookie’s putrid hitting numbers for the series (and the last two playoff seasons).

It was a good win. Gotta give credit to the guys who did come up with clutch hits and the bullpen.

We could be up 2-0 in this series but for an incredibly botched late game scoring opportunity on Tuesday night.

The triple play was a freak occurrence. The odds of something like that happening was beyond unlikely. I did like everything else I saw in that 9th inning prior to the triple play. They had smart at bats, they put the ball in play and they didn’t fold. The triple play takes away from it. But it wasn’t a typical they go down 1,2, 3 9th inning from them.

The triple play was a freak occurrence. The odds of something like that happening was beyond unlikely. I did like everything else I saw in that 9th inning prior to the triple play. They had smart at bats, they put the ball in play and they didn’t fold. The triple play takes away from it. But it wasn’t a typical they go down 1,2, 3 9th inning from them.
Yup last year they probably got out 1-2-3 it’s nice to see the fight this year. Ohtani damn near won that game by himself last night between stealing and clutch hits. I’m excited to see him and Teo in the playoffs.

Gotta hope Musgrove has a bad night because we know Walker just hasn't had it.

Hopefully the defense doesn't fail him either.

Just sucks knowing that if we bunt during that 9th inning, the division might already be locked up.

He's got 2 rings already. Nothing left to prove. Same with Freddie and his 1.

There's a reason Ohtani and Teo are the only ones showing any passion in this series. :smh:

What happened to this Mookie? |l

He's got 2 rings already. Nothing left to prove. Same with Freddie and his 1.

There's a reason Ohtani and Teo are the only ones showing any passion in this series. :smh:

What happened to this Mookie? |l

I'm with you on there not being more to prove; Mookie is the goods. Just stating from a competitive standpoint, podding with Tatis is a weird look. I get that they've been cool since he's been in Boston though.

All that being said, post season baseball is often small sample sizes. Mookie can be hitless again tonight and completely dominate SD if/when they meet again in a couple of weeks. His track record actually indicates he's more likely to rake than not.

Mookie...

This is a terrible look...with what is on the line this series, I really don't appreciate you congregating with the enemy...

How much concern is there about the Dodgers' pitching depth across the industry?

Gonzalez: It seems as though evaluators have graduated from general concern about the Dodgers' starting pitching to overall acceptance. It's not good -- not with Tyler Glasnow and Gavin Stone out, Clayton Kershaw on the mend, Walker Buehler not looking right, and even Jack Flaherty and Yoshinobu Yamamoto triggering concern of late. And so the question many have asked is a simple one: Can the Dodgers hit enough to make up for it?

On paper, the answer seems obvious: Of course they can. But Mookie Betts has gone 2-for-25 in the past two division series, Freddie Freeman hasn't felt right with his swing for most of the year and Shohei Ohtani has been streaky in RBI situations this season. Could they all go cold in a week, prompting yet another premature end to a much-hyped Dodgers season? Certainly. But everyone agrees that -- with Teoscar Hernández thriving in L.A., Gavin Lux turning his season around, Max Muncy getting healthy and Miguel Rojas becoming an out-of-nowhere contributor -- this is as deep a group as they have ever fielded. A rival scout brought up one player in particular who really scares teams: Tommy Edman, who brings a bat-to-ball skill set this Dodgers lineup needed and has been on a heater despite missing the first four months.

Passan: The discussion isn't as much about the Dodgers' lack of pitching depth as it is about how manager Dave Roberts will utilize the arms who remain to take his team deep into the postseason. Opposing executives marvel at the Dodgers' ability to roster as many solid major league pitchers as they do despite an injured list that includes Glasnow, Stone, Kershaw, River Ryan, Tony Gonsolin, Dustin May and Emmet Sheehan.

Los Angeles will make up for its paucity of starting pitching with a bullpen that already has been taxed with the second-most innings of any team in MLB -- and behind only Detroit, which often uses openers. The best of Los Angeles' relief corps have been Brusdar Graterol, Blake Treinen and Michael Kopech -- and the arrival of Edgardo Henriquez and his 104 mph fastball adds even more velocity to a bullpen replete with it. With plenty more days off than during the regular season, Roberts can show his managerial chops by navigating the leftover Dodger pitchers through a deep postseason run.

Mookie...

This is a terrible look...with what is on the line this series, I really don't appreciate you congregating with the enemy...

CsKiySwWEAAsuOc.jpg

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom