Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

I have listened to this album three times and it is a very good album imo. 4/5 - 4.25/5 at themost. Its not better than Food and Liquor. I think if he omitteda few tracks it could have been much better.

I don't agree that food and liquor is better than this.

Musically it doesn't touch the cool.

Food and liquor wasn't a personal classic for me because I thought the beats were really good but nothing that made me go
eek.gif
on the first listen.

The cool has several tracks like that.

The Coolest > than like 90% of the tracks on food and liquor.

i tried really hard to like this album, i listened through it twice and had it in the background while studying for finals....but it has too much of a LinkinPark/Rock feel... Paris, Tokyo is one of my favorite tracks this yr, but i probably wont be listening to any other song off this album again

yeah some of yall is bugging saying this is better than Food & Liquor so early, the @$%# just leaked yesterday, SLOW DOWN. Lupe's albums have to beabsorbed first, it'll take me a few months before i could judge.

^...maybe for food & liquor..but this album clearly does not utilize the same lyrical complexity (except for maybe the coolest and dumb it down)characteristic of many of the songs on food & liquor..
lyrically food & liquor was better, production wise, it was better and musically, it was better..

this dude Lupe has did it once again
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

this is what i need!!!!!!!!! absolutely NO ONE is seein lupe in the rap game right now

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

^...maybe for food & liquor..but this album clearly does not utilize the same lyrical complexity (except for maybe the coolest and dumb it down) characteristic of many of the songs on food & liquor..
lyrically food & liquor was better, production wise, it was better and musically, it was better..
It's extremely close but I feel that the cool is just better.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

i love the rock n roll feel to hello/goodbye
its so har my fav track

Hello/goodbye is just Lupe rapping over the song "Chemistry" by UNKLE, if you liked that you might want to check out their music.

EvanST..

but..it really isnt though...and trust me, i like lupe as much as anybody..
i wanted this album to be as good as F&L, but knew the odds of that were low..

there is no way you can listen to F&L, completely comprehend it, and say The Cool is even in the same league..
and its not that The Cool is bad, its just that F&L is that much better

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

EvanST..

but..it really isnt though...and trust me, i like lupe as much as anybody..
i wanted this album to be as good as F&L, but knew the odds of that were low..

there is no way you can listen to F&L, completely comprehend it, and say The Cool is even in the same league..
and its not that The Cool is bad, its just that F&L is that much better
I respect your opinion but I gotta disagree.

I loved food and liquor. Lu had his flows, voice, lyrics etc. all on point. I just thought his beats were either really good or just good.

I thought Lupe needed a
eek.gif
type of beat and the cool has that.

Listened to the album a couple times through.

I like it. Lupe's lyrics aren't that easy to digest (plus, i'm still sifting through 8 Diagrams). Most of the tracks are easy to listen too and notskip. However, this album is just cracking my personal top 10 for album of the year so far.

That being said, its a good follow up album from Lupe. I'm not quite sure if it's better than FNL which had a handful of standout tracks. One thingthat impressed me with Lupe was his confidence in his flow has grown since FNL and his lyricsm is top notch.

edit:
yo buddha - not 100% sure but I think Lupe's the exec prod. on this record.

ahhh why wont it work for me
frown.gif

is it cause I live in Canada? lol

btw can someone provide the names all the cd's Lupe has released (mainly mixtapes)?

It's okay to me..."Hiphop saved my life" and "Intruder" are the best so far for me....so far it seems to me f&L is definitelybetter, but I can't say for sure yet. Upon first listen F&L was more
eek.gif
to me but we'll see.

this album is amazing. there's only maybe 1 or 2 songs i don't care for, and out of 19 tracks that's pretty good. especially given my taste inmusic revolves more around alternative...

Back
Top Bottom