Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

How long did he play? Please tell me it was longer than an hour he hasn't passed an hour the two times i've seen him....

and what was the set like? any mixtape songs?

Ik love Go Baby. It gives me that Gnarls Barkley feel.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EG47

Anybody feeling "Go Baby" ?

Kinda has the same vibe as Pharoahe Monch's "Body Baby". Both tracks are hard to get into at first but eventually grow on you.

Also, "Paris Tokyo" has the ATCQ type vibe to me. I kinda found that ironic. I'm telling y'all Lupe needs to put Del The Funky Homosapien on something, maybe "little weapon remix"
laugh.gif

The Cool and 8 Diagrams putting my brain to the test right now.

joint is dope ... like he's kinda poking fun @ them chick songs they put on the radio ... on song I skip sometimes is Hi-Def but I'm keep peepingthat 2nd verse.

oh yeah... paris tokyo is prolly the next single ....

Have to check this dude out.

Like his single superstar.

Do you guys like this album more than Graduation?

CD is one of the best of the year for sure
pimp.gif
And Go Go Gadget Flow is tough, you ain't gotta be from the Go to appreciate that one!

Graduation really grew on me but I still only like about 5 songs, and that's strictly production-based. Kanye just sounds horrible to me.

That being said: The Cool>>>Graduation (I won't OD on the 'greater than' symbol like some but it is a ton better)

I should have got tickets for the NYC show when I was at school. I passed because I didn't know whether or not I'd be working.

im super late this his new retail album when did this hit stores?

edit: i got it now ill have to chime in later

There was a part of the show where Lu said "This song is dedicated to the dumbest motha-sucka in the world," Couple of dudes screamed "SouljaBoy!?" Lu laughed and said "Man, that ain't right, dude said Soulja Boy"

roll.gif
roll.gif

It was American Terrorist though.

Anybody feeling "Go Baby" ?

Dope.

Single material.

Yes.

Lupe's lyrical content alone puts 'The Cool' on another level over 'Graduation'. Kanye has the beats, but IMO, 'The Cool' hasbetter production, I mean "Paris, Tokyo, The Coolest, Streets on Fire, Go Baby, Hello/Goodbye, Gold Watch, Intruder Alert" are uncooked meat,sprinkle with the white! I just hope the works he puts in verify some healthy numbers. Plat? I don't know, but I hope so, this album is just too damn goodto be over look by other garbage kats listen to on the radio.

only got to listen to the first half after work.. but favorite verse so far..

His man called, said "Ya time might be now.
They played ya freestyle over Wipe Me Down.
They played it two times, said it might be crowned
As the best thing out the H-Town in a while."
He picked up his son with a great, big smile
Rapped every single word to the newborn child
Then he put him down and went back to the kitchen
And put on another beat and got back to the mission
smh.gif

anyone listen to the bonus cd from bb yet?

this album !sh's all over Graduation.

i agree. the beat are on par. only thing is there are more song on The Cool +1 and it's not like there are filler songs ... I skip songs but only b/c Ilike certain songs more ... I can listen to the CD fine without skipping. Lyrically .... Graduation X 10 ...

How many bonus tracks are there?

I just heard "Blackout" really sounds like Justin Timberlake's "My Love".

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by jeyel

anyone listen to the bonus cd from bb yet?

it's a dvd. making of the cool, track by track breakdown, 2 song performance.

hows the track by track breakdown? im really interested in how his concept is gonna play out ..

the breakdown is pretty cool. it's just basically a quick excerpt where he'll tell you how the track came about ... a little bit of the background ofit ... i wish he'd went more in depth about the lyrics of the track ... still cool tho.

I really like the album...but on a lot of songs it seems like Lupe be forcing hooks....like he trying hard for single material for Atlantic or something....alot of the hooks are too loud...same thing happened on F&L

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

which place is a better buy, CD value wish? BB or CC?
nerd.gif
Circuit City because of the bonus track
pimp.gif
F&L > TheCool just based off of ONE simple thing. I can listen to EVERY track on F&L (even the outro) with out skipping. Go Baby is god awful, NO girl is gunna likethat song. seriously. Why did he put that crap on there?

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
F&L > The Cool just based off of ONE simple thing. I can listen to EVERY track on F&L (even the outro) with out skipping. Go Baby is god awful, NO girl is gunna like that song. seriously. Why did he put that crap on there?

Man I'll give you a huge thumbs up if you can listen to that 10 min Outro every time. But Go Baby isn't really a song for girls, it's like thebonus level in a video game to me, that is exactly like it sounds, like the extra level on Zelda or something.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
F&L > The Cool just based off of ONE simple thing. I can listen to EVERY track on F&L (even the outro) with out skipping. Go Baby is god awful, NO girl is gunna like that song. seriously. Why did he put that crap on there?

does CC have the DVD videos?

theo6kid wrote:
Man I'll give you a huge thumbs up if you can listen to that 10 min Outro every time. But Go Baby isn't really a song for girls, it's like the bonus level in a video game to me, that is exactly like it sounds, like the extra level on Zelda or something.

naw man im just over exaggerating my hate for that song, The Cool by far is better it just feels more complete. and the bonus track makes up for the GoBaby wackness
MilitaryIV wrote:
does CC have the DVD videos?
Naw it doesnt have it. But to me it doesnt really matter about he DVD. Ive seen it and id much rather take the bonus track.

Back
Top Bottom