Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

what i like is the well roundedness.
Starts off with a blast. ends with satisfaction.

i never liked albums with more than 12 songs. This is the exemption.

Oh, Btw. The Coolest is the best song on the album. The comes Fighters.

The more I listen to this album the more
eek.gif
pimp.gif
it is. I'm so glad I went out and bought this on RD, man Lupe really wentin.
I wish he spit over the Free Chilly beat, but it's so mellow I still listen to it even though he's not on it.
I'm not feelin Paris, Tokyo that much and there are a lot of songs I'd put above it.
Fighters and Hip-Hop Saved My Life are just
eek.gif
the 2 best tracks on the LPIMO.
Hi Definition is
pimp.gif

Go Go Gadget Flow
pimp.gif

Streets On Fire
pimp.gif

Little Weapon
pimp.gif

Put You On Game
pimp.gif

Intruder Alert
pimp.gif

It kinda makes me sad how he reminds us that LupEND is gonna be his final album.
Album of the year in my eyes, such a solid album. Props to Lupe
glasses.gif
Oh and btw I downloaded the Circuit City bonus track Blackout and it is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 650

lupe REALLY sounds like someone ive heard before on Paris, Tokyo but i can't think of who.. can anyone help me out
ohwell.gif
There were parts of this song that bugged the %!@# outta me for DAYS, cuz I also thought it sounded like someone...
laugh.gif

I was ridin' around town, listening like, "Who the hell does he sound like?!"

Then, I realized who it was I, personally, had in mind... It's Big Boi from like the Southernplaya... days.

Especially on lines like "Ready to Walk It Out like UNK, in my John Lennon Chucks..."

Also, the Circuit City bonus track, "Blackout" is dooope.

Soundtrakk is so damn versatile.
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ him gettin' his Danja/Timbo on.

i can go threw the whole album escept for the snoop track, its too snoopy for me lol
depends on my mood also but i most likely skip that track it feels like it belongs on snoops album

Posted 20 December 2007 09:09 PM
i was looking at my little booklet and you know how it somehow says life of lupe fiasco i was thinking that it was "life of jaco". so i went towikipedia(lord only knows how much of that crap was accurate) and found an artist named jaco pastorius.

and i know im reaching a whole lot but it did say

Pastorius was hospitalized for multiple facial fractures and gruesome disfigurement to his face, including the probable loss of his right eye and right arm

or maybe its just his last name?
238357d5e02d6b22bce153ba96cb1796b0ca7e5.jpg

After listening to the first 6 tracks, my conclusion is that Lupe Fiasco still puts me to sleep.

It's not worth to argue with anyone who says this man sucks.

Then, I realized who it was I, personally, had in mind... It's Big Boi from like the Southernplaya... days.
Wow! Great catch, it's been killing me too.
laugh.gif

This album is clearly album of the year. Lupe shined in every way possible. I can't stress how talented this man is. It has nothing to do with #..riding,dude really is THAT amazing.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Jaco IS Lupe's last name, so it's not really reaching at all. Interesting find. I wonder if that's on purpose.
Yeah, this man may have discovered something epic.

...Anyways, at one of his concerts, I heard that someone told him that Copies were straight flyin off of the shelves. Anyone know the amount he's soldalready?

After listening to this album...I'm just amazed by the way he can tell a story. One of the best in the game by far. He's one of the few MC'sthat (at least to me) keep me involved in a story the whole time. Tracks like ''hip hop saved my life'', ''the coolest'', and''gotta eat'' just have me
eek.gif

Probably my favorite tracks (no order)

-Hip hop saved my life
-Paris, Tokyo (so smooth
pimp.gif
)
-Go Go Gadget Flow
-Streets on Fire
-Gotta Eat

This whole album is defintely well put together, though. I'm very impressed by The Cool.

Other random thoughts:

-The way he ends 'Fighters' it makes it seems like he was pressured to make "Go Baby" by his label or something. I still like "GoBaby" though, something about it makes me start clapping and bouncing in my car like some stuff off of Andre 3000's "Idlewild" album
laugh.gif

-Food references in Gotta Eat are crazy
laugh.gif

-I can't wait til 5 years down the road and Lupe does something controversial, he is discussed on Fox News and they bring up lyrics from "LittleWeapon" to depict him being a gangster rapper with no morals or values
laugh.gif

-He defintely could of made something epic with the "Free Chilly" beat, no doubt
-Is "Blackout" really that good? I don't want to spend another 10 bucks just for one track
laugh.gif

-I still want "Ghetto Story" to end up on one of his albums...I feel like the whole needs to hear it, not just the mixtape population
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by young dr0

[h3]Lupe Fiasco[/h3]Roxy Theatre , Atlanta, GA
Fri, Jan 25, 2008 09:00 PM

I knew he was going to be here soon. Thanks for posting that. The Roxy has a nice personal setup. I wouldn't be suprised if he jumps in the crowd or something
laugh.gif

I just found out I'm going to be in Atlanta that weekend (25th-27th) for the NHL all-star weekend stuff. I'm assuming the Roxy is all-ages right? Idon't think anything for the All-Star weekend is going on that day, me and my brother might have to get tickets to see Lupe. I doubt he's coming toBuffalo anytime soon so that would be a good opporotunity to see him
pimp.gif

It doesn't need to be siad anymore, but this album is amazing.

I can't realy say what my favorite song is but my favs are

Hip Hop Saved My Life
The Coolest
Intruder Alert
Streets On Fire
Gotta Eat

I coulda said the whole LP. Lupe def came w/ it on this one...this'll possibly be deemed a classic later on.

Is it me or does Lupe's material have unlimited replay value?

I still play food and liquor and it sounds like I heard it the first time each time.

Originally Posted by mrmossyman84

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by young dr0

[h3]Lupe Fiasco[/h3]Roxy Theatre , Atlanta, GA
Fri, Jan 25, 2008 09:00 PM

I knew he was going to be here soon. Thanks for posting that. The Roxy has a nice personal setup. I wouldn't be suprised if he jumps in the crowd or something
laugh.gif

I just found out I'm going to be in Atlanta that weekend (25th-27th) for the NHL all-star weekend stuff. I'm assuming the Roxy is all-ages right? I don't think anything for the All-Star weekend is going on that day, me and my brother might have to get tickets to see Lupe. I doubt he's coming to Buffalo anytime soon so that would be a good opporotunity to see him
pimp.gif

Damn I didn't know it was NHL all-star weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm going. I heard the Roxy is a nice venue. Just wish all tickets weren'tgeneral admission.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Is it me or does Lupe's material have unlimited replay value?

I still play food and liquor and it sounds like I heard it the first time each time.

word ... i listen to all his tapes, both albums and misc verses and it's always like it's brand new ...
i played his Touch the Sky verse like 50times the other day ... you always catch something new ... or if you don't. It's so unlike anything else that's it's new to your ears. Dudereally is peerless.

Back
Top Bottom