Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

Originally Posted by mrmossyman84

After listening to this album...I'm just amazed by the way he can tell a story. One of the best in the game by far. He's one of the few MC's that (at least to me) keep me involved in a story the whole time. Tracks like ''hip hop saved my life'', ''the coolest'', and ''gotta eat'' just have me
eek.gif

Probably my favorite tracks (no order)

-Hip hop saved my life
-Paris, Tokyo (so smooth
pimp.gif
)
-Go Go Gadget Flow
-Streets on Fire
-Gotta Eat

This whole album is defintely well put together, though. I'm very impressed by The Cool.

Other random thoughts:

-The way he ends 'Fighters' it makes it seems like he was pressured to make "Go Baby" by his label or something. I still like "Go Baby" though, something about it makes me start clapping and bouncing in my car like some stuff off of Andre 3000's "Idlewild" album
laugh.gif

-Food references in Gotta Eat are crazy
laugh.gif

-I can't wait til 5 years down the road and Lupe does something controversial, he is discussed on Fox News and they bring up lyrics from "Little Weapon" to depict him being a gangster rapper with no morals or values
laugh.gif

-He defintely could of made something epic with the "Free Chilly" beat, no doubt
-Is "Blackout" really that good? I don't want to spend another 10 bucks just for one track
laugh.gif

-I still want "Ghetto Story" to end up on one of his albums...I feel like the whole needs to hear it, not just the mixtape population
laugh.gif
is everything that funny
smh.gif

In the song "The Die" Gemstones is "The Cool" right? and Lu is just like a snake who is setting him up right? or are they both trying tokill "the cool" ?

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

The Cool got set up. To me it was obvious. It should not have had taken that long to piss.

Yea man when you really listen to The Die and what Gemstones was sayin SET UP off the jump. Is the story down now? or should I be expecting this story tobe dragged out in L.U.P. END?

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

The Cool got set up. To me it was obvious. It should not have had taken that long to piss.

yeah when i first heard the song i was like 'daaaaaammnn Lu is the snake?"
eek.gif
$2 paypal to the first person who can tell me what the hell that loop says in the first part of "gold watch"
laugh.gif

^^
laugh.gif
I feel you. I love that second verse in Gold Watch, i too have always found it hard to beat Blanka. Haha for real though. Little Weapon Is Dope!

the verdict

1. Baba Says Cool For Thought:...don't pay much attention to it...
2. Free Chilly: wow....
smh.gif
how could they not make this a full song
3. Go Go Gadget Flow....this joint is hot...nice way to open up his album
4.The Coolest...I still haven't sat down and followed all the details for this story track...but I catch his drift...I like the song *the coolest N'what* is also really catchy
5.Superstar...nice...gettin him some mainstream looks to...
6.Paris, Tokyo...award tour anybody??? I'm feelin it...
7.Hi-Definition...ehh its not bad but I could do without at.....
8.Gold Watch...that loop in the beat is kinda ******ed but I like this track
9.Hip Hop Saved My Life....simply crack
10.Intruder Alert... ^
11.Streets On Fire....ehh this track and Hello Goodbye just have me lost
12.Little Weapon...
eek.gif
sick
13.Gotta Eat...extended metaphor...sounds good
14.Dumb It Down...been liked this song
15.Hello/Goodbye: See streets on fire
16.The Die...so this is the end of Michael Young History...I like it...but Lupe shoulda been more obvious about what 'the game' and 'thestreets' does to you...
17.Put You On Game...I forget what goes on in this song...but I remember liking it
18.Fighters....simple but effective...would have been a good way to end the album
19. Go Baby...for some reason I like this song despite how corny it is...Lu should have stopped here

Overall Lupe did a pretty good job on the concept, I still have to let a lot of it marinate, but outside the filler tracks, so far so good. this shh is dope
pimp.gif

I dont know if this has been posted or not, but when you look in the booklet for the CD in the pic with the Streets, she has Roger Clemens' name tattoed onher chest. I think thats pretty cool.

But the more I hear the CD the more I love it. Now I can hear every song without a problem. Hopefully he continues the story since MYH came back to life in thesong The Cool.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

In the song "The Die" Gemstones is "The Cool" right? and Lu is just like a snake who is setting him up right? or are they both trying to kill "the cool" ?
gemini's first verse was him as "the game". and lupe was the guy that was setting him up, then gemini's other verses was "thegame's wire tapped ears" or someone that the game was taking control of him

Originally Posted by arhymingape12

In the song "The Die" Gemstones is "The Cool" right? and Lu is just like a snake who is setting him up right? or are they both trying to kill "the cool" ?
gemini's first verse was him as "the game". and lupe was the guy that was setting him up, then gemini's other verses was "the game's wire tapped ears" or someone that the game was taking control of him

what? why did you post? cause now im confused. I had the song down and then you threw a monkey rench into the whole situation. See this is why Lu willnever be considered the best. because its cool to try and figure out what he is talking about, but the more you try to figure out, the more you get tried oftrying to crack the code.

First CD I've bought since College Dropout. I hope Lupe does BIG numbers. Album is amazing from start to finish.

cimg3614jm2.jpg

gemini's first verse was him as "the game". and lupe was the guy that was setting him up, then gemini's other verses was "the game's wire tapped ears" or someone that the game was taking control of him

what? why did you post? cause now im confused. I had the song down and then you threw a monkey rench into the whole situation. See this is why Lu will never be considered the best. because its cool to try and figure out what he is talking about, but the more you try to figure out, the more you get tried of trying to crack the code.

scratch that. GEMINI is the GAME, THE GAME is going to kill the COOL because he is in love with his wife, THE STREETS. if you listen to all ofGEMINI's verses you can tell he is the game, because he said something about "getting money from my honey", and on his last verse he say's"THEY finna go up in the club". there's only two people in the car. the COOL is getting rich from rapping about the STREETS, and the GAME doesnot appreciate it. now the GAME is using his wiretapped ears to listen in on where the COOL is going to be, when the GAME finds out where the COOL is going tobe, the GAME then kills the COOL.

-The way he ends 'Fighters' it makes it seems like he was pressured to make "Go Baby" by his label or something. I still like "Go Baby" though, something about it makes me start clapping and bouncing in my car like some stuff off of Andre 3000's "Idlewild" album
laugh.gif

Actually, when he shouts out the blog "www.lupethefiasco.blogspot.com," its for the girls who run that blog, he doesn't run itpersonally. So when he says "Congratulations ladies, this ones for you," it's because Go Baby is adedication to the girls who run his blog.

what? why did you post? cause now im confused. I had the song down and then you threw a monkey rench into the whole situation. See this is why Lu will never be considered the best. because its cool to try and figure out what he is talking about, but the more you try to figure out, the more you get tried of trying to crack the code.

scratch that. GEMINI is the GAME, THE GAME is going to kill the COOL because he is in love with his wife, THE STREETS. if you listen to all of GEMINI's verses you can tell he is the game, because he said something about "getting money from my honey", and on his last verse he say's "THEY finna go up in the club". there's only two people in the car. the COOL is getting rich from rapping about the STREETS, and the GAME does not appreciate it. now the GAME is using his wiretapped ears to listen in on where the COOL is going to be, when the GAME finds out where the COOL is going to be, the GAME then kills the COOL.

o0o000o0ohhhhhh I get it now. So the lil talking part after Lupe gets out of the car, the passenger is NOT gemstones. Gemstones is the one who pulls thetrigger? if true thats dope
pimp.gif

I think we should point out though that it's actually Michael Young History that gets murdered. He only becomes The Cool when he's rejected from heaven(Superstar) and forced to climb his way out of his grave in The Cool.

Gemini is playing MYH and The Game in The Die. That's how I got it at least.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I think we should point out though that it's actually Michael Young History that gets murdered. He only becomes The Cool when he's rejected from heaven (Superstar) and forced to climb his way out of his grave in The Cool.

Gemini is playing MYH and The Game in The Die. That's how I got it at least.

naw after reading the lyrics. arhymingape points it out perfect. Lu is the snake and Gemstones is The Game and he is listening in on Lu and MYHconversation. Id post the lyrics and point it out to you but im in a hurry. I hope lupe makes like a DVD similar to the Streets is Watching with all the songsput to a video. that would be tight

^ yeah the actual song "the cool," is after he gets killed...arhymingape12 was dead on with what he said.....

Back
Top Bottom