OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

had all four teams advance on my bracket last night, but can only get 3 at the most tonight (Siena lol)

So heres what im looking for

Wisconsin
Texas
Memphis
Villanova (to lighten the load on Wisconsin in the elite
glasses.gif

But Kansas will most likely win

Stanford
Memphis
Wisconsin
Kansas

I do feel that Michigan St can pull up the upset. But I will be paying a lot of attention to Texas vs Stanford.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I am probably only of a few that thinks the Lopez Bro's carry that team one more game?
nerd.gif

They got a legit shot at beating Texas IMO.....Just feed the twins!!

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

The way I see it is if UNC keeps playing as well as they have been playing they get the W. This team has learned a lot from their disappointment last March in blowing a big lead to Georgetown. Nonetheless, I can't wait until this game starts Saturday night.
Louisville is playing its best basketball right now

What I find interesting is that for all the talk that Kansas is the team to beat, no one(maybe someone has) mentioned that BILL SELF is still their head coach.What has he done to instill confidence in you that Kansas will win it all and not choke when the pressure is on the line. For all his faults Roy Williams hasat least been to the title game and won a National title(albeit with a extremely talented bunch in 05).

I honestly am not sold on any of these teams takin it all...

but one of them will...and then they'll have proved me wrong

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

For all his faults Roy Williams has at least been to the title game and won a National title(albeit with a extremely talented bunch in 05).

People keep saying that, it bugs me. "Well that 05 team was special/talented/yada yada"...it takes special/talented teams to win nationalchampionships. Was Florida not extremely talented the last couple years? It's like cats be trying to put an * beside Roy's name. 2005 NationalChampionship* (*=but that team was special)
eyes.gif
No other coach getsthose kinds of remarks.

I am probably only of a few that thinks the Lopez Bro's carry that team one more game?
nerd.gif

Those boys are gonna do WORK against the Horns... It's all gonna come down to if Texas can continue playing defense like they have the past few weeks...They're gonna have to get after Stanford's guards somethin serious. I'm really interested to see how that game plays out.

^^ well, I actually feel the same way about Donovan
laugh.gif
......are they bothtop coaches, of course....But for an Elite 8 or Final 4 game I'm got a list of coaches I'd rather have on the sideline then Roy. Donovan I just,idk....his underachieving with the Nelson, Dupays, Walsh, Roberson's, Lee's doesn't sit well with me when he's looked at as an Elite coach.

For a program, Roy is without a doubt a top guy I want in control of the big picture...

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/ncaabb/

indifferent.gif
@ havin to watch the Wisconsin and Kansas games on the Eastcoast...not the two I wanted to watch

^ feed the big boys all game and they will be good, and if they can hit a couple shots early in the game, then they have a serious shot at pulling the upset.the guards must hit their shots, goods and johnson has to play decent, the texas guards will get their pts regardless!

interesting to see how the home court advantage that texas will have play in this game.

with that said, i have texas advancing in my bracket, but im pulling for stanford, lol

nerd.gif

i picked texas but i would not be surprised at all if the lopez brothers carry stanford to another win.

Texas winning is a big game for my bracket in the money pools. For that sole reason I will be cheering for Texas. After watching the Lopez brothers andStanford a few times since the ending of the regular season and in the Pac-10 and NCAA tournament, those boys can do work. They are obviously going to be atough match-up for Texas but I haven't been to impressed with Stanford's guards. This game will be great to watch because the front court of Stanfordand the backcourt of Texas.

Originally Posted by JND1

For all his faults Roy Williams has at least been to the title game and won a National title(albeit with a extremely talented bunch in 05).

People keep saying that, it bugs me. "Well that 05 team was special/talented/yada yada"...it takes special/talented teams to win national championships. Was Florida not extremely talented the last couple years? It's like cats be trying to put an * beside Roy's name. 2005 National Championship* (*=but that team was special)
eyes.gif
No other coach gets those kinds of remarks.

He does deserve an * he won with another coaches recruits. He's never won with his own kids, and he's had some damn beast running his X's andO's with that said until he gets one with his own recruits.... *

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by JND1

People keep saying that, it bugs me. "Well that 05 team was special/talented/yada yada"...it takes special/talented teams to win national championships. Was Florida not extremely talented the last couple years? It's like cats be trying to put an * beside Roy's name. 2005 National Championship* (*=but that team was special)
eyes.gif
No other coach gets those kinds of remarks.

He does deserve an * he won with another coaches recruits. He's never won with his own kids, and he's had some damn beast running his X's and O's with that said until he gets one with his own recruits.... *
The * is a little harsh I think. Let's save that for the actual cheaters. Whether it was with his recruits or not...He still got the job done.

LETS GO CURRY!!!!!

flowers thinks he wants it with that boy, but he really doesn't want it with curry.

curry and his crew ftw!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
i have them winning it all
sick.gif
, highly doubt that'll happen, but i think they can definitely get to thefinal 4.

He does deserve an * he won with another coaches recruits. He's never won with his own kids, and he's had some damn beast running his X's and O's

and how many other coaches won with those recruits?

matt certainly wasnt taking them there.

they missed the tourney as freshmen eventhough they were so 'special'

roy williams %++#$@$ said in his press conference that UNC playing with all of its fans at the games dont matter because if it did they wouldnt of lost 2 gamesat home this year.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

....it's really more about not havin to get on a plane and traveling then anything...

helps that they played on the court earlier this year too

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roy williams %++#$@$ said in his press conference that UNC playing with all of its fans at the games dont matter because if it did they wouldnt of lost 2 games at home this year.

roll.gif

Sounds like he's calling himself out for not being a good enough coach.
embarassed.gif

Pitino is right, it's an advantage for UNC. UofL just needs to win though.

Back
Top Bottom