OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

Anyone have Xavier beating UCLA today?

What about Louisville giving UNC a game?

Someone's bracket is about to be all fudged up.

I do think that if Duncan plays well and Xavier does a good job on the glass they have a good chance to take down UCLA

I hate the fact that no one on ESPN is taking Louisville seriously. I'm I the only person that thinks Louisville can actually win this game? I hope thatLouisville not only wins this game but I hope that they blow UNC out the gym. That is a lot to hope for but I would like that a lot.

LETS GO LOUISVILLE!

^ L'Ville CAN win, but it will never be a blow out, UNC is hungry in the tourney after sucha terrible end last season, and our half court sets with wayneand green playing so much better are very much improved, especially now that thompson and stpheson are becoming threats,

I say that Lawson destroys and we get an all around good effort from our guys, 81-75 UNC

Louisville is slept on. Many fail to realize they had the second best record in the Big East, one of the toughest conferences in the nation. And that it camedown a final showdown with Georgetown to declare the champion.

And they are coached by Pitino.

But UNC is just too deep and talented.

It will be a barn-burner.

I'm a UNC fan and I'm very nervous. Coach Pitino is a great coach and his team is extremely talented. This game will be very close.

going for my 2nd straight year with a perfect bracket
pimp.gif

dudes were laughing at me when i told them my elite 8
smh.gif

UNC is deep but not that better then Louisville of the they got Green and stpheson

Off the louisville bench we got Clark, DC, Sosa, and knowles is a great on ball defender

I did not say Thomas for UNC becasue I still thinkl that he is suspect

I got Louisville winning it with their D..

Hopefully Earl Clark keeps it up....fulfilling that potential

What will matter most in Saturday's North Carolina-Louisville game is not history-recent or ancient-but the present. And maybe the future.

The present:

North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough vs. Louisville's David Padgett. We saw in North Carolina's victory over Washington State on Thursday night that aplayer with a tremendous size advantage could somewhat hinder Hansbrough, the Tar Heels' All-American center. But this is a different challenge forPadgett, who shows terrific footwork but will face an opponent with a quickness advantage and relentless energy. Padgett will send his teammate, DerrickCaracter, into the party once in a while. Look out, as well, for Rick Pitino's famed low-post traps. His 1996 Kentucky team made the great Tim Duncandisappear with effective trapping. Hansbrough is not as tall, not as deft a passer and not as skilled trying to shoot over double defenders-though he mostoften manages to be successful, anyway.

North Carolina's Ty Lawson vs. Louisville's Andre McGee. Can McGee stay in front of the college game's fastest end-to-end point guard? There'sno position where either team enjoys a greater differential in talent. So McGee has to at least be competitive, or the game could be won at the point ofattack. But McGee is rugged. He plays because Pitino trusts him, and this is a situation where McGee must show how he came to earn that trust.

The future:

Louisville's Earl Clark vs. anyone North Carolina chooses to match against him. "You've got a guy 6-8 who can play outside, play inside," UNCcoach Roy Williams said. "He can shoot, put the ball on the floor, block shots, rebound. He truly is one of the elite players. He's a terrible matchupfor almost anyone." The Heels probably will use power forward Deon Thompson to defend Clark, who rapidly is developing toward stardom. At his hungriest,Clark will drive the ball against Thompson. If UNC tries Marcus Ginyard, Clark will have an edge along the baseline. The weird thing is the Carolina coachescould stay up all night fretting about this matchup and then encounter Clark on one of those days when he simply can't engage himself in the game. Notlikely, but possible

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm a UNC fan and I'm very nervous.
laugh.gif
I'm right there with you. Honestly, I'm nervousevery big game, and any game during the tourney (except vs. a 16 seed).

Louisville is the best we've played all year. I hope losing here last year will be a little added motivation for our guys. The game should be great.

Eral Clark is the real deal and I feel that nobody on the UNC roster can match up with him. But if lawson has a good game and Hansbrough gets off this gamewill end up in a UNC win.

Remember how effective Padgett was on Hibbert early in the year. I've got Louisville winning it all. So today's game will will either put me back inthe bracket wars or go ahead and finish off my already wrecked brackets. Just want to see a good game, either way.

GAME DAY... I gotta get some reading done then I can focus my thoughts on NCAA Basketball. Hopefully Xavier can upset UCLA and UNC can take care of businessand beat Louisville. Our game should be extremely good. And I gotta admit I am a little nervous but am confident that if we play the way we have been playingwe will get the W.

Go Heels.... LETS GET IT

I think we see a first half very similar to the Clemson/UNC game from the ACC championship.. very fast and pretty tightly contested... I'm guessing thedifference is the entire game stays close this time when things finally settle down to a normal speed in the 2nd half... Who wins? Not sure.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Anyone have Xavier beating UCLA today?

What about Louisville giving UNC a game?

Someone's bracket is about to be all fudged up.

I got Xavier in My final four as well as Davidson, I see louisville giving UNC a game but its sooo hard to pick against them, especially since they havebeen playing out of their minds lately, they havent had one team test them yet, and i dont see it happening today
and L'ville cant dish out turnoverslike they did with Tenn. UNC will turn those into points unlike the volunteers did, I see Ty lawson being the factor in this game. If he brings it then its theHeels all day, If not its a toss up

As a basketball fan, am I the only who doesnt want to see another UNC team in the National Title game?

As a UNC fan, this is the first time all year that I have really felt some nervousness. Hopefully TH gets his game on early, and Green has some real energy offthe bench

As for Xavier, I think they potentially can beat UCLA. But Duncan has to be a force down low all game for that to happen. I think thats the key.
I really like Duncan's game. Hope to see a very VERY close game today.

Im still fathoming at how good Memphis was last night. Man, that was a performance and a half.

Anybody else feel that the selection committee did a very good job this year?
1v3
1v10 (its basically a team of destiny)
1v2
1v3

I guess my opinion is that the selection committee did a good job this year picking the best teams. Except Davidson has just taken everybody by storm
laugh.gif

I want UNC to lose tonight but that's just because if they win there's no way I can win my pool at work.

smh.gif
to me for picking Tennessee out of that region

im 2nd in my pool behind by 3 points, i need Kansas to lose tomorrow and Carolina to win it all
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom