OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

Yes, Memphis' D is underrated.

Everyone focuses on their offensive system, but those boys get after it.

I still think they're making the Final 4

Originally Posted by haiti5

i dunno if you guys remember the UCONN team with charlie v..emeka, ben etc were horrible ft shooters

but im happy we won...

I've seen you say "we" with like 3 or 4 different teams...who is your team?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

How in the hell you shoot 60% as an entire squad??? Calipari doesn't believe in Free Throw drills I see
smh.gif

You really believe he doesn't/hasn't had these guys working on FT's all year? It's no secret they suck... you know he's tried his bestto correct it since it's their biggest (and one of their only) flaws.

I just can't believe he doesn't have them shooting a ton of them all the time... FT's are a mental thing though, and some of these guys justplain aren't shooters.. so it's no surprise they can't shoot.

OK, I'm officially
sick.gif
times 10 to the 35 power of the entire media slurpin Hansborough, if I had a dollar for the times this season I've heard themmention his hustle and "oh, he just works so hard on every single play" I'd have at least enough to buy all the Jordan packs. Hopefully Tenntakes care of them.

i dunno if you guys remember the UCONN team with charlie v..emeka, ben etc were horrible ft shooters

but im happy we won...
they atleast had a Go to guy to shoot there FT in ben gordon. Memphis has no one you would have faith in.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roy williams will find anything to cry about
Nah, his complaint is valid though. My beef is if he's so concerned about the decals causing injuries, why does he still have his big guns outthere with this game WELL in hand?

However like someone said, they're definitely not the first lower seed to play home state. But as far as a #1 seed staying in its home state... THAT'S WHAT YOU PLAY THE SEASON FOR. Unfortunately for your boys, even had they been a #1 seed they wouldn't have been able to play on their "home" floor. But that's just what it is
Yeah, I'm not saying Davidson is at fault, who wouldn't take it...

With UNC, fine the East Regional is in Charlotte, nothing that can be done about that, they earned the #1 seed in the East. this year it happened to be in NC.

But I don't think with other locations available that also putting them in Raleigh for the first 2 rounds is correct.

I'm sure by keepin them in state, it's more profitable and that's what it comes down to.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

OK, I'm officially
sick.gif
times 10 to the 35 power of the entire media slurpin Hansborough, if I had a dollar for the times this season I've heard them mention his hustle and "oh, he just works so hard on every single play" I'd have at least enough to buy all the Jordan packs. Hopefully Tenn takes care of them.

You do know that Tennessee has to play Louisville first right?

That UCONN team sucked at free throws but with their size in the middle they were usually able to make the shot but miss the free throw on the and 1.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

OK, I'm officially
sick.gif
times 10 to the 35 power of the entire media slurpin Hansborough, if I had a dollar for the times this season I've heard them mention his hustle and "oh, he just works so hard on every single play" I'd have at least enough to buy all the Jordan packs. Hopefully Tenn takes care of them.

You do know that Tennessee has to play Louisville first right?

Yeah, I just picked them in my bracket, the East region is the only one that I have entirely correct at this point
frown.gif

Try and tell me there's no media bias with Tyler Hansbrough.

"OHH, WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THAT PLAY?"
They were right, that was a clean block.

roy williams will find anything to cry about
A lot of the NCAA coaches, analysts, and commentators have complained about those stickers being slippery. It is a problem.

Through the first weekend of play UNC has been the best team in the tourney. Then I would go with Kansas. Our offense is ridiculous right now.

EDIT- Allen youre crazy... AND MY BOY MARC CAMPBELL GETTIN ON THE STAT SHEET....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Louisville will beat Tennessee.

I still think Louisville comes out of that region if they shoot well.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

To Shuges,

Yeah, I was realisitc, I thought an Elite 8 was certainly possible and with a great game we had a chance to be back in the Final 4.

It's not that I'm shocked or crushed over this one game, but the culmination of 4 years for the seniors to go out like this is, honestly, devastating.

JT3 summed it up perfectly post game
It's hard to digest the season 20 minutes after it ended. I hope that people don't judge this group, and I'm thinking about my seniors, based on this loss today. Looking at all that they have accomplished in their 4 years here…and looking at…this is an "upset" and is disappointing because of what they have done for the last 4 years. So I hope they are not looked upon primarily because of this game, because those kids are the program. Those kids are Georgetown.
why is everyone crying about the sites? it doesnt matter where they play. georgetown was "supposed" to be a final four contender. if they were that good then they shouldnt have had a problem with beating davidson. obviously it didnt bother them when they were up 18 points but once they lost people start crying about the crowd and everything.
You're missing the point. (and who is crying)

Give me one good reason Davidson, a 10 seed should get to stay in state?

Just give me one.

UCLA not leaving their state in 3 years is a joke, UNC not having to do so this year, also a joke.

There is a problem with locating these teams and sites, it's not just about today.

Had little to do with blowing the lead, but it just makes absolutely no sense to reward them with that advantage.

I do think UNC is completely capable of winning it all.

However I agree with Craftsy on Kansas is the team to beat and a notch above the rest right now.

ok so yea davidson had some people on their side but the fact remains your team blew a big lead. they are supposed to be a great defensive team too sothere is no reason why they should have lost this game. they chocked and thats the bottom line.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

How in the hell you shoot 60% as an entire squad??? Calipari doesn't believe in Free Throw drills I see
smh.gif

You really believe he doesn't/hasn't had these guys working on FT's all year? It's no secret they suck... you know he's tried his best to correct it since it's their biggest (and one of their only) flaws.

I just can't believe he doesn't have them shooting a ton of them all the time... FT's are a mental thing though, and some of these guys just plain aren't shooters.. so it's no surprise they can't shoot.

Yea Craftsy, I would have dedicated whole practices to shooting free throws. 60% is a $+!%%%$ shame... Dorsey shoots 39, what the hell
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and for the Record... Roy Williams is a $+!%%%$ Dirt Bag for leaving Ty, Hans, Wayne, and Stephenson in when they were up 30 with 6 mins to go... If they wouldkicked Ty in his ankle they would've been justified...
smh.gif

Our offense is ridiculous right now.
Because you've gotten two stupid teams with the idea they can hang with that pace.

Louisville would give you the best game because of how they play D.

If it's Tennessee yall would def win.

I think Louisville is the tougher match up.

ok so yea davidson had some people on their side but the fact remains your team blew a big lead. they are supposed to be a great defensive team too so there is no reason why they should have lost this game. they chocked and thats the bottom line.
Are you illiterate?

Where did I blame it for the loss at all?

The fact remains that you were wrong.

I know we blew the game, no need to fill me in on that.

I hate roy williams..had his starters in with 4 mins left..ive never seen a 35 point comeback in 4 minutes

Wow my bracket is bad
sick.gif

50% of the Sweet 16 right...
I had WVU and Davidson written down too...then crossed them out
tired.gif

Still have a possible 6 of 8 Elite 8 though
and 3 of 4 Final 4

does Jerry Smith really have a tattoo that says:

Killing
In
Naismith's
Game

really?

Louisville vs. Tennessee?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by elevenairs

I don't see how teams let Curry go off. You stop him, Davidson loses.
i love watching him play but that show ends Friday

g-town WISCO doesn't want it with that boy. go 'head g-town WISCO, get at him with that stingy defense...he's still gonna light you up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

curry and his crew ftw!
you cannot stop curry, you can only hope to contain him.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom