OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

so now that i've had some time to digest the loss, i just want to congratulate mississippi state on a pretty good season. we were picked to finish secondin the sec west but ended up winning the division by 3 games. unfortunately, we ran into a hot georgia team (and, literally, a tornado) in the sec tourney,which i think affected our seeding. we're losing senior charles rhodes, who finally started to find himself towards the end of the season. he didn'thave a great game today, but he was instrumental in our biggest wins, including friday's win over oregon in which he had a career high. not sure ifhe'll be nba material or not. good luck wherever you end up, chuck! (did i just say upchuck?).

our biggest question mark now is whether or not jamont gordon will turn pro. i hope he stays for his senior year. his biggest weakness is his tendency to turnthe ball over and make poor shot selections. but you can't deny his strength and tenacity.

also, ben hansbrough (yes, tyler's little brother), barry stewart and jarvis varnado (the nation's leading shot blocker) should return next year. ourrecruiting class is average, but could become amazing if scotty hopson decides to sign. he's been verbally committed to state since his junior year, butdidn't sign for some reason during the early period, which has me nervous.

anyways, congrats again dawgs. now i can watch the rest of the tournament in peace!

Great season for the dawgs Tim... musta been fun to watch them succeeding again. Hansbrough has shown me a lot the last two weeks, kid can play some ball andisn't nearly as annoying as his brother (who i wasn't sure was his bro until you just confirmed it). If Gordon comes back, you guys are a force to bereckoned with, imo. Maybe still not third weekend sort of team, but definitely a top 15 team.

From the AP game recap article on ESPN.com:

It marked only the third time in the past 25 years that the Tar Heels won both of their first two NCAA games by 20 or more points. The only other teams to do it -- 1993 and 2005 -- went on to win the national championship. The Tar Heels also tied the school's single-season record for victories, matching the '93 team and the 1998 squad that reached the Final Four in San Antonio.
Please let history repeat itself....

YO!
I hate roy williams..had his starters in with 4 mins left..ive never seen a 35 point comeback in 4 minutes
grin.gif
Damn if you do. Damned if you don't.

Friday... they said they didn't go all in. No way the Mount should've had 41 first half points. Hell, even in that second half plays made by the THIRDstring were questioned. Now Roy supposed to take cats out when you think he should.

If you gonna hate, hate. But don't find things to hate on. DF!!!

laugh.gif

ive been hating roy williams long before he got to UNC....

I can pinpoint it to when he lied to Kansas...hes a dirtbag..im callin a spade a spade.

UNC has a good team that doesnt change Roy's character..not to mention he cant coach worth a bit. They are lucky they played an Arkansas team who is stillbitter over stan heaths firing, and has a 12 yr old as a coach

youll see ...at some point the immense talent that those UNC boys possess isnt gonna be enough..and coaching is going to become a major factor...and thatswhere u gys will lose..mark my words
smile.gif

ant to be fair with the way the players were slipping on the acrylic and the tendencys that blow out games get messy god forbid one of these kids get hurt andruin their future in a meanigless situation

We are gonna beat tenn, they dont have people to really guard padgett or caracter, I see us going to the final four...go ville!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
I hate roy williams..had his starters in with 4 mins left..ive never seen a 35 point comeback in 4 minutes
grin.gif
Damn if you do. Damned if you don't.

Friday... they said they didn't go all in. No way the Mount should've had 41 first half points. Hell, even in that second half plays made by the THIRD string were questioned. Now Roy supposed to take cats out when you think he should.

If you gonna hate, hate. But don't find things to hate on. DF!!!
If K woulda did that He would've been the epitomy of a classless SOB in the eyes of this board. You know I'm telling the truth Ant
smh.gif
thatwas some shameless !+%$ G

YO!
and has a 12 yr old as a coach
Pelphrey's decent.
ant to be fair with the way the players were slipping on the acrylic and the tendencys that blow out games get messy god forbid one of these kids get hurt and ruin their future in a meanigless situation
Understood. Definitely. But let me ask... when's the proper time to take everybody out? It was a 30 pt. game basically all second half. Sowith 10 mins. left? 8 mins. left? When? To be honest... I was thrown off when he came with the Green, Graves, Copeland line up. I thought Wood and the getalong gang should been in then.
If K woulda did that He would've been the epitomy of a classless SOB in the eyes of this board. You know I'm telling the truth Ant
smh.gif
that was some shameless !+%$ G
Well, he's shown himself to be classless other times anyway. But whatever. But I wouldn't fault him for not taking his foot off the gas.You got to put it in your kids head that there is no relenting. You go all in or you're going home. DF!!!

roy williams knows more about basketball than me but in my opinion i would have like 2 key reserves liek danny green and somebody else with a couple of thewalk ons at 6 minutes and tell them to slow it down and grind it out

and then in the 3 minute mark take out green and put in another walk on/reserves

basically lawson and hansbrough have no bussiness being out there with under 7 minutes in the game

on a sidenote jrain has put the mush on davidson and stephen curry

expect a 40 point blow out by wisconsin
alien.gif

Why the hell does ESPN only show literally 2 clips and 7 seconds of each game as their "highlights"?????

They care more about letting their stupid analysts blab instead of showing what actually happened in the games.

It annoys the hell outta me.

YO!

smh.gif
that was some shameless !+%$ G
Well, he's shown himself to be classless other times anyway. But whatever. But I wouldn't fault him for not taking his foot off the gas. You got to put it in your kids head that there is no relenting. You go all in or you're going home. DF!!!
I don't expect you to agree with me, but had one of the Arkansas players committed a hard foul on Tyler or Ty there would be an outcry here aboutTHEIR showmanship, not the fact that Roy had starters in the game trying to break the century mark when the game had already been decided damn near 10 minsbefore. You Don't Have Your Stars In A Game When You're Up 30 With 4mins To Go. Point Blank Period that's just shameless G
smh.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

Originally Posted by elevenairs

I don't see how teams let Curry go off. You stop him, Davidson loses.
i love watching him play but that show ends Friday
g-town WISCO doesn't want it with that boy. go 'head g-town WISCO, get at him with that stingy defense...he's still gonna light you up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

curry and his crew ftw!
you cannot stop curry, you can only hope to contain him.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just like Beasley right?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Why the hell does ESPN only show literally 2 clips and 7 seconds of each game as their "highlights"?????

They care more about letting their stupid analysts blab instead of showing what actually happened in the games.

It annoys the hell outta me.

I love how Bob Knight is commenting on today's games when he was at a St Louis Cardinals spring training game this afternoon
laugh.gif

I'm sure he went back and watched all the games
grin.gif

I didn't see the end of the UNC game but Roy leavin them out there with 4 minutes??? Regardless of it bein a blowout and the class issue, he's runnin arisk of injury, it's just dumb

And I'm just sick right now, !#+@ is finally hittin me
tired.gif

hp3-23-08gg.jpg

frown.gif
ohwell.gif

YO!
I don't expect you to agree with me,
It's not about agreeing. I'm just asking... when do you take your boys out? I just find it funny how all of a sudden EVERYONE - no matterwhat team they pull for - thinks Roy Williams is "classless." I expect it from KU fans but now it's the thing to do. Like grinding my feet intoEddie Murphy's couch.
And I'm just sick right now
And I hate to do this but I think it's a cool pic:

n1520835_32795275_7824.jpg

I think we all know who Mr. Curry is now. He's officially the "darling" of this year's tournament. But I see by your avy that you'realready looking ahead. Brighter day, eh? DF!!!

thanks 4 these pics SHUGES...my day's insight can be used with these
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my man Dorsey with a double double, and 6 blocks...great game
327d989b6fb9935588881ba88927683e-getty-80279881mw048_mississippi_s.jpg

2. this dude was simply amazing 2day
5894df1d8e51f41487128eb19139fec9-getty-80279878sl010_ncaa_basketba.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

438dd451bb95341da112f1bedc370b1f-getty-80279878kc012_ncaa_basketba.jpg

4. You Mad?
310f8b6d579a52a33b26cf349b8bd0bd-getty-80279878sl014_ncaa_basketba.jpg

5. Texas almost blew it...
852496fa02ecb2711a29d2cc32179a56-getty-80279881mw039_miami_v_texas.jpg

another great day in college ball

Not much I can say to that.

But,
I never comment on officiating, but things from the year evened out today, If I'm reading things right, 9 offensive fouls...no comment

We out rebounded them, we shot 64% to their 38%. And we lost.

This summed up my thoughts

"To end their season, everything had to come together exactly wrong. Davidson needed an accidental home court. Hibbert had to dribble straight into threedefenders in the lane to pick up his third foul early in the second half. When he returned, an official had to see a bump few others saw.

The most important ingredient, however, was the final one. Curry, with Richards riding shotgun, had to see the door of opportunity open just a crack. Ridingthe kind of upset wave that makes March unique, he raised his game. "

i honestly told myself before this tourney, if we go home early, i probably wont be too too upset, because i know we havent been elite all year and i realizethat we were definitely beatable at any point in the bracket. but damn, to lose like that, im completely bummed about it. it was a tough sports weekend ingeneral, but this loss def. sucked the hardest.

YO!
I don't expect you to agree with me,
It's not about agreeing. I'm just asking... when do you take your boys out? I just find it funny how all of a sudden EVERYONE - no matter what team they pull for - thinks Roy Williams is "classless." I expect it from KU fans but now it's the thing to do. Like grinding my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch.

I'ma Duke fan, have been since I was 10 that's 15yrs now... with that being said If I'm the position that Roy's in, I'm up 30 with 6mins to go, my entire starting line up is outta the game. Personally, If K did that +!%! I'd be mad as hell worried that somebody could get hurt (AJalready tore his acl in this tourney) injuries are always a possibility. The game is already over why add insult to injury and risk the chance of injurythat's all I'm saying Ant. Plus Roy is extra sensitve
laugh.gif
smh.gif

For me, the way we lost and the senior's going out like that is the worst.

I knew we were gona to lose, we weren't elite, but we were better than that 2nd half.

Regardless, far and away my favorite class ever, and maybe the most important to Georgetown basketball.

But I see by your avy that you're already looking ahead. Brighter day, eh? DF!!!
Hopefully
laugh.gif

Did Roy talk yet about the Wazzu match up? I find it interesting, two completely different styles. Should be good to watch and see what happens

Originally Posted by allen3xis

For me, the way we lost and the senior's going out like that is the worst.

For sure. Definitely will miss these guys next season, especially Wallace and Ewing.

Well for the rest of the tourney...I'm hopping on the MSU/Drew Neitzel wagon. Theyre the one team keeping my bracket afloat.

Atleast the BoSox kick things off Tuesday morning
laugh.gif

Something I didn't comment on last night...

I don't like UCLA, I don't really like him and how he comes off at times, he's overhyped....but Kevin Love is one hell of a basketball player...

anyone who hates on him, is just hating.

He is the most fundamentally sound player in the country. He's more skilled then I ever would've thought prior to the season.

If he was an inch or two taller and more athletic, he'd be absolutely unreal.

As far as what he brings to the court, there's really nothing to say bad about him.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Something I didn't comment on last night...

I don't like UCLA, I don't really like him and how he comes off at times, he's overhyped....but Kevin Love is one hell of a basketball player...

anyone who hates on him, is just hating.

He is the most fundamentally sound player in the country. He's more skilled then I ever would've thought prior to the season.

If he was an inch or two taller and more athletic, he'd be absolutely unreal.

As far as what he brings to the court, there's really nothing to say bad about him.

I hate to do it, but while we're on the topic of UCLA...

532752.jpg

Granted, Sloan is probably our worst free throw shooter, and most likely wouldn't have hit both, but to miss those two guys both fouling him isridiculous. It's alright though, winning our first game exceeded my expectations. From what I'm hearing, Deandre is coming back next year, we'llhave a true PG, and we'll be a lot better down low (if Deandre comes back). Hopefully Turgeon can translate that to success.

Time to switch over to my second team Louisville now though. Tennessee is next, and I'm expecting a win there. Then a toss-up against North Carolina. Ireally wanna see that matchup though.

Back
Top Bottom