OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

smh at all yall just now realizing curry is a KILLER and hopping on his bandwagon
roll.gif

I know this is late....but.....

#+!$ outta here ({ }). Knew Curry was a Killer since I seen him play @ Charlotte Christian....

Oh yeah...Be on th lookout for his lil brother Seth
wink.gif

YO! Hibbert has ALWAYS been cupcake to me. Dude is like Brendan Haywood 0.2 (and I mean that as an insult to Brendan).

And man... when I seen Stephen in the Dell Curry Shootout (his junior year?), I was hoping he'd be able to show cats what we do down here.
pimp.gif
DF!!!

Gtown only the real big loss of my bracket. Still got 7 of 8 elite teams left.

Best games of next round should be Louisville vs Tennessee and Stanford vs Texas.

st. john's didn't hire bob mckillop a few years ago because mckillop couldn't recruit

well let's take a look at where they are today

sweet 16 with their best playing scoring 70 points against 2 very good teams

good for bob making his hometown team look like idiots

okla-cj.jpg

SMH @ me forgetting to post a thousand
pimp.gif
's after the win. I'M SO*%*!%#! HYPED!

okla-cj3.jpg

okla-cj13.jpg

okla-cj19.jpg

okla-cj11.jpg

Lemme quote myself from earlier in this thread (during the Boise St game)

U of L handlin business.
pimp.gif
(57% from the field
smokin.gif
)

Padget''s ridin the bench with 2 fouls and no points, and we're still dominating. I'm telling you, with our consistent lockdown D, when we're hitting buckets, we're THE best team on the country.

Looks like we're gonna have a lot of momentum going in to OU game. Hello Sweet 16
pimp.gif

U of L dismantles Oklahoma. Tennessee narrowly escapes Butler. Hello Elite 8.
pimp.gif

After the G'town loss my bracket is looking horrendous. The only pick I'm prolly gonna get right is Louisville winning the national championship.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

When you're making shots..

that can be a big if.

If carolina is playing defense they are the best team, etc, etc.

Roy just never fit in this year, everyone kept waiting for him to carry the team and it never happened.

He's still a good player, just never became great this season.

What he's done shouldn't be measured by yesterday either tho, the refs took him out of the game.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

that can be a big if.

Roy just never fit in this year, everyone kept waiting for him to carry the team and it never happened.

What he's done shouldn't be measured by yesterday either tho, the refs took him out of the game.

I never really saw Georgetown play too much this season (mainly just the Louisville ones and a couple of others), but I think y'all looked a lot betterwhen Hibbert wasn't on the floor. I dunno what it was, but y'all just seemed to flow so much more smoothly without him.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

Originally Posted by Rhymefest

<<<<< avy check
smokin.gif

I'm really impressed with Curry and Davidson. They haven't been fazed by teams with higher seeds (Gonzaga, Georgetown) and Curry is just lights out for them.

Davidson = Appreciated

no hate, but errybody is jumping on the curry bandwagon. i started that $+*+!
roll.gif
i knew this boy was the truth when i witnessed him drop 30 on maryland live. i sat there and watched in amazement as he drained contested shot after contested shot. his shot is au-to-mat-ic. dell musta had him shooting 3's at age 2 with a mini ball.
roll.gif
i jumped on the curry bandwagon when i saw his MOM. ggeeezus MILF status, my stroke + release with her would be quicker than dell's

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by allen3xis

that can be a big if.

I never really saw Georgetown play too much this season (mainly just the Louisville ones and a couple of others), but I think y'all looked a lot better when Hibbert wasn't on the floor. I dunno what it was, but y'all just seemed to flow so much more smoothly without him.

I agree that an uptempo style of play next year for GU will make them a better team, but it was that uptempo play that helped them cause 18 turnovers

The reason why they were better without him on the floor is because when he was on the floor he didnt get the ball, it was like they played with 4 playerson the court, it just seemed pointless to have a player that could basically get layups in the paint and not get him touches, u gotta adjust to your strengthagaints your current matchup..even if they are better as a more upbeat team, They win that game playing post up

I don't wana talk much about them in here..

but the difference in the coming years is that we'll have a player who can handle and pass on the top of the offense like Roy was stuck out there at times.

Yes, we can be better by this time next March. But it's asking a lot.

the louisville and tennessee game should be awesome. im actually looking forward to the wisconsin and davidson too. i want it to be thursday already

Originally Posted by AC Sionis

okla-cj.jpg

SMH @ me forgetting to post a thousand
pimp.gif
's after the win. I'M SO *%*!%#! HYPED!

okla-cj3.jpg

okla-cj13.jpg

okla-cj19.jpg

okla-cj11.jpg

Lemme quote myself from earlier in this thread (during the Boise St game)

U of L handlin business.
pimp.gif
(57% from the field
smokin.gif
)

Padget''s ridin the bench with 2 fouls and no points, and we're still dominating. I'm telling you, with our consistent lockdown D, when we're hitting buckets, we're THE best team on the country.

Looks like we're gonna have a lot of momentum going in to OU game. Hello Sweet 16
pimp.gif

U of L dismantles Oklahoma. Tennessee narrowly escapes Butler. Hello Elite 8.
pimp.gif

After the G'town loss my bracket is looking horrendous. The only pick I'm prolly gonna get right is Louisville winning the national championship.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I think Louisville got this

Louisville is still going to lose to Tennessee. It will be really good game.

Anyone catch first and ten? It was Jalen Rose telling how coach K got sick of recruiting the one and done guy. Will Avery and Corey Maggette. So he went out tothe suburbs and got guys like Paulus and Scheyer. He said that is why Duke won't be great until they recruit like they did.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Hibbert has ALWAYS been cupcake to me. Dude is like Brendan Haywood 0.2 (and I mean that as an insult to Brendan).

And man... when I seen Stephen in the Dell Curry Shootout (his junior year?), I was hoping he'd be able to show cats what we do down here.
pimp.gif
DF!!!
Whatever Ant, you said Curry was garbage at the Bobcats game. You called him a homeless man's Kevin Martin.

Just kidding. Everyone in Charlotte has been hyping dude up since he was in high school. I knew he was a assassin but I didn't think they would have beatG-Town (and really they shouldn't have). I thought he would have dropped 30+ in a losing effort like last year versus MD.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Anyone catch first and ten? It was Jalen Rose telling how coach K got sick of recruiting the one and done guy. Will Avery and Corey Maggette. So he went out to the suburbs and got guys like Paulus and Scheyer. He said that is why Duke won't be great until they recruit like they did.

If Coach K said that he's an idiot and has not adjusted to the environment. You gotta have a combination of both. Yeah, Florida won with unheralded highschool players but look at the size they had (things are good when your SF is 6'9" and can shoot the 3, your PF is a 6'10" beast, and your Cis a 7 footer). But chances are you won't find gems like that under the radar, then you gotta go with the Kevin Durant's and Greg Oden's of theworld, and try to support them with solid players. Syracuse in 2003 was the perfect example. You had Carmelo (the one and done guy) but he was supported byMcNamara, Warrick, Josh Pace, Billy Edelin, and whoever the hell else was on that team. They won a chip and competed for a couple years after that. To methat's the better plan, than trying to find diamonds in the rough.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Anyone catch first and ten? It was Jalen Rose telling how coach K got sick of recruiting the one and done guy. Will Avery and Corey Maggette. So he went out to the suburbs and got guys like Paulus and Scheyer. He said that is why Duke won't be great until they recruit like they did.

If Coach K said that he's an idiot and has not adjusted to the environment. You gotta have a combination of both. Yeah, Florida won with unheralded high school players but look at the size they had (things are good when your SF is 6'9" and can shoot the 3, your PF is a 6'10" beast, and your C is a 7 footer). But chances are you won't find gems like that under the radar, then you gotta go with the Kevin Durant's and Greg Oden's of the world, and try to support them with solid players. Syracuse in 2003 was the perfect example. You had Carmelo (the one and done guy) but he was supported by McNamara, Warrick, Josh Pace, Billy Edelin, and whoever the hell else was on that team. They won a chip and competed for a couple years after that. To me that's the better plan, than trying to find diamonds in the rough.

Yea. I think you really need that star to win a championship now. I don't know if he did say that, but Jalen pointed it out. It was really obvious theway he is going.

Louisville playin some of the best basketball in the country.

Right now, better than Tennessee and the match up is favorable.

Yea. I think you really need that star to win a championship now. I don't know if he did say that, but Jalen pointed it out. It was really obvious the way he is going.
Actually, Duke is in a perfect position to have a star player. They have a senior point guard, an athletic 2-3 in Henderson, another solid player inSingler. If they had a Michael Beasley type player they would be deadly. But Coach K wouldn't want him because he'd only be there for a year.

Allen,
You really think the Hoyas can be better by this time next yr? I hope so..Just trying to understand how they lost. I know Curry was on fire, but looking atroy's stat line...3/3....6 points...I think a greater effort should have been made to get him the ball on the low block, where they had absolutely no oneto guard him. I guess this is a good example of the difference between Big John and JT3. That would have never happened to a Big John coached team. Someonewould have put curry on his a@#. And Roy would have been force fed the ball. Ahh well..

I guess this is a good example of the difference between Big John and JT3. That would have never happened to a Big John coached team. Someone would have put curry on his a@#. And Roy would have been force fed the ball.
Pretty much.

But, he's not his father, and I've learned to live with that. It's not that our defense wasn't physical all year, it was...it's justsomebody did need to at least elbow one good time in the chest...they don't gota go Michael Graham on anyone, but just set the tone.

Roy wasn't a JT3 recruit and he'll never probably go after another big man like that again.

In fairness to Roy, college officials do not know how to officiate a good 7' big man, he was only out there for 16 minutes and the 2 offensive fouls he gotwere BS

Monroe, Sims and Braswell will need to be ready to go. IF Monroe can pick up the offense and be the point forward Jeff was, we can be better next year at thistime. We won't win the Big East, but we can be a tough out at this time. We won't be as succesful in W-L's...but the way in which we play can beimproved.

This year we just didn't have it.

I posted this in the season thread...

Things that need to become evident;

1) Beat the press to score.
2) Get rid of the 5 turnovers a game that everyone sees coming.
3) Adapt the pace and system to the talent. We have the athletes to get out and run sometimes. And no Roy will force the issue. The Villanova and West Virginiagames from the BET show a glimpse of the future. We will have big men, Sims and Monroe and they will keep up and be a part of it. Roy couldn't adjustagainst Nova the first day but we kept the increased pace and you see, he adjusted.
4) More Fire; JT3 and the leftovers have to develop a killer instict. We were up 17 yesterday, don't let off, attack, attack, attack. Our talent will bebetter than everyone's use it.

Lastly, with JT3...I hope he keeps on developing players the way he has.

He has been fantastic and I wouldn't trade him for anyone, just some things I hope he has learned from, and I fully believe he will adjust.

No we won't be close to a 2 seed or be in the top 3 of the Big East,

but I wouldn't be surprised if we made a run late in the year and got back to the Sweet 16.

Days like yesterday are needed in the big picture and what is trying to be accomplished here. JT3 is 42 with no intentions of leaving now, he's buildingsomething special and we are wayyyyyy ahead of schedule

Yeah, the team was kind of frustrating to watch, at times, this year. More to the point, Roy was frustrating to watch. I kind of like to think I have adecent eye for talent, and I thought Roy,athletic limitations aside, would develop into a stud of a big man. And he has improved 1000%. His skill set isgreat for a person that is 7ft2, but the dominance I thought he would give the team was missing..and the frustrating thing, I know he has it in him. When heplayed against Ogden last yr, he gave him the business. The reason they lost that game, Roy was in foul trouble. Maybe I'm just salty because I made abet with a former player(DJ Owens) that Roy would go higher in the draft than Jeff did(that was before Jeff went top 5). I made this bet at the beginning oftheir freshman yr. I just thought, 7ft2+soft hands+Georgetown=Lottery. Yeah, I know he is as athletic as block of cement, but he's 7.2!!!!

Back
Top Bottom