OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahhhh not at all. Garcia is just waiting for an L to happen. Doesn't even have to be May to hand it to him.
laugh.gif

-Drew
Lol Man then really he has no choice but to fight Pacman again then right?

Nahhhh not at all. Garcia is just waiting for an L to happen. Doesn't even have to be May to hand it to him. :lol:

-Drew
Lol Man then really he has no choice but to fight Pacman again then right?

Hell no, man. He won that clearly. I don't think anyone else would want to see that. :lol:

Honestly i can't really think of anyone else worth the mention anymore at ww. I'm just so curious who it would be next.

-Drew

Floyd should fight Lara

name probably isnt a big enough draw though.
I like Lara, but if ppl complaining about no action in this fight, imagine how ppl would react to that one  
laugh.gif
. I don't think Floyd would bite financial wise. I believe either Khan or DSG might be his next opponent and I know Floyd is retiring undefeated (at least on record because he lost to JLC) .

Last edited:
Hell no, man. He won that clearly. I don't think anyone else would want to see that.
laugh.gif

Honestly i can't really think of anyone else worth the mention anymore at ww. I'm just so curious who it would be next.

-Drew
i kno man its tough man i was just thinking it would be easier to hype up a rematch with "injury free" Manny vs tryna to sell Thurman/Garcia... 

Hell no, man. He won that clearly. I don't think anyone else would want to see that. :lol:

-Drew
i kno man its tough man i was just thinking it would be easier to hype up a rematch with "injury free" Manny vs tryna to sell Thurman/Garcia... 

Shoulder injury or not it wouldn't have made a difference. :lol:

-Drew

Shoulder injury or not it wouldn't have made a difference.
laugh.gif

-Drew
Oh of course we know that 100% but they know they can get 2m+ ppv sales by hyping it up and creating some mystery regarding last night similar to Tyson/Holyfield 

Steered clear of pre-fight and live fight discussion.

Don't even feel the need to go through the thread.

Because I already know true boxing fans knew what to expect.

Anybody else is really buying into false narratives like good vs evil or the notion that the best boxers of all time need to lay waste to their opponents and "finish" them.

Both are misguided ideas, the sweet science was never about one means of execution. Sure, if a guy can dispose his opponents with murderous power, great. Always makes for exciting television. But at the core of boxing, at its most fundamental the object is to defeat your opponent while incurring as little damage to your own person as possible.

Do I love gutsy fighters who leave it all in the ring each outing? Sure but I also know there are a lot of guys who have lived to regret the total cumulative implications of fighting in such a manner. I feel like if more guys could be as good as Mayweather defensively, they would've been.

Which is why it's disappointing that we don't embrace him for what he is as a boxer. I can understand people not liking him in terms of character, but as far as the boxer he's more than transcendent.

He's absolutely one of a kind. Not even Sweet Pea could match Floyd's ability to escape harm. The statistics tell us he's the best defensive boxer of all time.

Offensively folks say he leaves a lot to desire, why? Because his punches score more points than they do concussions? He still managed to outland virtually every opponent he ever faced and often throws more punches.

Disappointing that he'll likely never really get the credit he deserves.

Feel like the casual viewer is stuck with that ancient Roman coliseum mob mentality. They want to see blood & gore more than an artful display of martial art.

Because at days end, that's what boxing is. A self-defense martial art.

Last edited:
They can market that however way they want, but I personally wouldn't buy that.

-Drew
Me neither. But now that you guys mention it, I could see them rolling with that. I'm sure it might generate more money than any other opponent out there for Floyd's last fight. I'm also sure he could ask for a better split now if Pac wants the rematch so bad. Pac was easy work in that fight, that would be smart.

Last edited:
The people who came into the fight expecting a KO were the ones setting themselves up for disappointment. Sure, in the end, I felt like it didn't live up to the hype, but round for round, I was pretty damn entertained. Manny constantly trying to feel Floyd out and Floyd's constant "nopes". I had an overall great time watching it. I'm just glad as hell I didn't pay $100 to watch it.

Anybody else is really buying into false narratives like good vs evil or the notion that the best boxers of all time need to lay waste to their opponents and "finish" them.

Both are misguided ideas, the sweet science was never about one means of execution. Sure, if a guy can dispose his opponents with murderous power, great. Always makes for exciting television. But at the core of boxing, at its most fundamental the object is to defeat your opponent while incurring as little damage to your own person as possible.

Do I love gutsy fighters who leave it all in the ring each outing? Sure but I also know there are a lot of guys who have lived to regret the total cumulative implications of fighting in such a manner. I feel like if more guys could be as good as Mayweather defensively, they would've been.

Which is why it's disappointing that we don't embrace him for what he is as a boxer. I can understand people not liking him in terms of character, but as far as the boxer he's more than transcendent.

He's absolutely one of a kind. Not even Sweet Pea could match Floyd's ability to escape harm. The statistics tell us he's the best defensive boxer of all time.

Offensively folks say he leaves a lot to desire, why? Because his punches score more points than they do concussions? He still managed to outland virtually every opponent he ever faced and often throws more punches.

Feel like the casual viewer is stuck with that ancient Roman coliseum mob mentality. They want to see blood & gore more than an artful display of martial art.

This may be one of the better sports posts on NT i've seen. Reppped.

Low key though, can you imagine how many fighters are dying to get that last Mayweather bout? Even though they know they probably won't win...

It's an automatic lottery ticket that sets up you're entire family up for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure is easier said than done, but if I was a boxer. I'll go out trying to beat Mayweather ... I'll take more chances and if I get KOed so beat it, is not likeim going to be him on the score.

So glad manny lost and it wasn't close! Ole short arm, no reach havin!

Floyd needs to hang it up. Save that record. Nothing else to prove...

Perfectly written sir. I 100% agree with everything you said. It takes away from reality. I think 10-20 years from now people will understand. The talk that he fights guys out of their prime too is a joke. The guy is a legend and IMO the GOAT in this day and age. He's never given a sub par performance and people need to respect that.

Cotto or GGG vs Floyd.
Sure why not

Im not a mayweather fan because i dont find defense entertaining in most sports (maybe in the NFL ) but the UFC people need to stop with all the boxing hate after last nights defensive clinic. UFC has boring fighters too. Like when they are locked on the floor grappling and hugging for like 3min lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom