Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

KD got a charge called on him for a jab step. And LeBron certainly didn't let KD go in game 2. Bron committed 3 fouls uncalled, you could have gotten him early on the catch, could have gotten him for a shooting foul, could have gotten him for grabbing Westbrook's wrist as he's trying to secure a rebound. Refs are letting them play I guess. But James 45 feet away from the rim, flops, admittedly, and gets called for a foul. I get he flopped, but what did he do wrong that makes him have committed a foul? James was elbowing and shouldering him.

So Lebron fouling out in the previous series is supposed to permanently dead the notion that he is one of the league's most protected players when it comes to fouls?
laugh.gif

And the Lakers benefitting from calls then means the Heat don't have 2 of the league's protected players now?
laugh.gif

And as long as I admit there were shady calls for the Lakers against the Kings in 2002, then I can continue my stance?
laugh.gif

Y'all dudes, man.
laugh.gif
Man up. The Heat get a lot of favorable calls. Magic joked that no one can touch Michael in an Olympic photoshoot in 1992; anyone could joke the same joke about Lebron or Wade this summer (or Kobe, or CP360).

I just wonder if the ref talk would be as loud if teams like the current Heat or the early 2000s Lakers* would actually dominate without having more FTs than practically Every. Single. Opponent they face.

And I'll continue to wonder, because it's so rare that that happens.

*who were INTENTIONALLY fouled to put Shaq on the line
laugh.gif

Bringing up the number of times that Lebron has fouled out isn't good for building a case that Lebron doesn't get preferential treatment.

ska, we are definitely cool and all. But you STAY semi-addressing what someone throws at you.
laugh.gif
I'm gonna ask you directly.... As a fan of a team who benefitted in the past from shoddy officiating and currently has a superstar who benefits from favorable calls, do you whine this loudly when your own team is getting away with favorable calls from the refs?

I want to say I know that you're usually a logical guy. I mean, I know how you roll on NT. And you crying about officials favoring the Heat (or any team for that matter) almost comes off like one of the members whining about the mods. The same way you get irked when a member accuses you or Meth or Dirty or holden of being "out to get them" is the same reason why Stern got ticked at Rome. One person says #!#! like that and now all of a sudden everyone else starts chiming in with their sob stories about an NT conspiracy and you're out there defending or addressing every "conspiracy" claim that comes your way. No one likes having their credibility questioned. So why are you so hellbent on this bull #!#! chatter about the refs and Crawford's record for the Heat and yada yada?

I dunno, but imo it just seems a bit ridiculous and irresponsible for you of all people to be whining about refs the way you have been.

but wait........ didnt i say something about fans of certain teams coming into threads and complaining about calls when a certain team wins? cant be me saying that right?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

ska, we are definitely cool and all. But you STAY semi-addressing what someone throws at you.
laugh.gif
I'm gonna ask you directly.... As a fan of a team who benefitted in the past from shoddy officiating and currently has a superstar who benefits from favorable calls, do you whine this loudly when your own team is getting away with favorable calls from the refs?

I want to say I know that you're usually a logical guy. I mean, I know how you roll on NT. And you crying about officials favoring the Heat (or any team for that matter) almost comes off like one of the members whining about the mods. The same way you get irked when a member accuses you or Meth or Dirty or holden of being "out to get them" is the same reason why Stern got ticked at Rome. One person says #!#! like that and now all of a sudden everyone else starts chiming in with their sob stories about an NT conspiracy and you're out there defending or addressing every "conspiracy" claim that comes your way. No one likes having their credibility questioned. So why are you so hellbent on this bull #!#! chatter about the refs and Crawford's record for the Heat and yada yada?

I dunno, but imo it just seems a bit ridiculous and irresponsible for you of all people to be whining about refs the way you have been.
ouwpie.jpg

Originally Posted by buggz05

For real Serge sthu
30t6p3b.gif

Serge is not a good defender
30t6p3b.gif

The best part of Lebron's game is his defense. Even if Serge messed up the english in what he was trying to say...
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif
 you took it too far homie.

Bringing up the number of times that Lebron has fouled out isn't good for building a case that Lebron doesn't get preferential treatment.

I only brought it up because Im sure no one was in the ECF thread pleading a case for Lebron.
Someone already pointed out the difference in foul shots was the three point fts and end of game fts.
Besides. in sports its not uncommon for the home team to get the favorable calls.
It's called "HOME COURT, FIELD, & ICE ADVANTAGE", and it didn't just start in this series.

laugh.gif
Nah chill y'all. Me v. ska and me v. CP is like a love/dislike relationship. I don't always see eye to eye with them. But it's always cordial. They are 2 of the few dudes on here I can say how I REALLY feel and no feelings get hurt.

Ska should just come out & admit he just hate the Heat lol. Duba & a lot of other NTers admitted their hatred for the heat, I respect it when someone does that instead of faking *#%%. (Generally speaking btw)

But it's the refs tho...

All perimeter play vs. strong drives to the hoop. Who do you think is gonna come out on top. Especially when the few trips to line that you do get, end in missed FT's.

Thunder are young, its their first time in the Finals and they are learning on the fly. The Heat are more experienced and still have the scent of a ship in their nose from last year.

Those were the differences that showed up in Game 3. The refs aren't at fault for that L.

Originally Posted by DubA169

who cares about the free throws? durant going out for half the quarter is more important.
Instead of complaining about the calls, tweet KD and tell him to step up his defense.
Cats acting like he made the NBA All Defensive squad.

KD won the SCORING TITLE, not DEFENSIVE PLAYER of the YEAR.

He doesn't play defense. Name one player KD has shut down in his NBA career?

Dude got 4 fouls and trying to draw a charge against the reigning and 3 time NBA MVP on his home court
laugh.gif

Respect the game young nizzle!

Jordan didn't get those calls his first 4 or 5 years in the league, and these the same referees calling games now.

Adapt your game or get your 4th foul in the 3rd qtr, and have to sit on the bench and watch your team blow a 10pt lead.
laugh.gif

The same type of officiating has been going on for decades now bruh. Its Superstar calls. Durant isnt getting those kinda calls though, they probably feel like he hasnt earned it yet and nobody on OKC attacks the basket like Wade and Lebron. Every team with a superstar has benefited from this. Ive seen Kobe barely get touched plenty of times and its a foul. Thats my team so #%#% it we'll take it. This aint nothing new.

MIAMI — It had only been about 14 hours since Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Scott Brooks and the rest of the Thunder sat down and talked about Game 3 and how they seemed let one get away.

Not long to really reflect on a brutal loss, one that has put Oklahoma City in a 2-1 hole. But it was long enough to watch some tape, and come to a few new conclusions.

“Well, obviously we looked at all five of his fouls 1,000 times in the last 12 hours or so,

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif

cde16664c4b6cd49e05a532b890b21c65f786960_r.gif

70816b64c0b9c345e0148c6550208cdb0721145a_r.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

But it's the refs tho...

All perimeter play vs. strong drives to the hoop. Who do you think is gonna come out on top. Especially when the few trips to line that you do get, end in missed FT's.

Thunder�are young, its their first time in the Finals and they are learning on the fly. The Heat are more experienced and still have the scent of a ship in their nose from last year.�

Those were the differences that showed up in Game 3. The refs aren't at fault for that L.

Few trips? Thunder shot 24 yesterday. Yes the Heat shot 35. But as I explained yesterday, two stupid fouls on 3-point shooters, the James Harden special and the intentional on Wade renders the differential to just 1 more free-throw for the paint-dwelling Miami Heat.

Yall need to stop trying to hide the fact of the bad refs, yes we all get the thunder could have done multiple things differently to win this game, and they are at fault, and the refs are also partially at fault, not all thunder no refs, some thunder, some refs. But then again, must be nice to root for a team in which rules dont apply.

Despite the "biased" calls, OKC was down 1 point late in the 4th and couldn't get off a great shot, they had opportunities and didn't close.
It's Game Day! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom