Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Nobody blames just Lebron last game....but you can't just look at the final box score and say Lebron did enough.

He was nowhere to be found on the defensive end in that entire 4th quarter and did not play efficient running the team and setting others up as he does during the flow of the game. He was MIA along with Wade/Bosh....he is the MVP he should be taking control of the game.

I'm expecting Wade to have a nice bounce back game today and for Miami to steal one on the road.

Lebron should guard Durant for the entire fourth and Bosh should start and play 40+ minutes

also don't sleep on Harden having a real impact on tonights outcome

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

He's had Larry Hughes, Antwan Jamison (before you laugh, imagine how Wiz fans feel), Big Z, Drew Gooden, etc. I'm pretty sure they were well above .500 when LeBron was out. 
No it does not. Does it explain how the team won more than half of the games when LeBron was out but still part of the roster, but had a sub-.500 record for games Varejao was out?
Also, check the injuries on that squad after LeBron left. Different year, different squad, demoralized team, and possible tanking. I'll go by past facts/data and not theoretical scenarios, thanks. 
I'll go by ACTUAL facts/data instead of the facts/data that you make up in your mind.

Cavs' record without LeBron:
'07-'08: 0-7

'08-'09: 0-1

'09-'10: 1-5

1-13 without him in his last 3 years there.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Lets not forget the team of bums that Wade won the finals with

Over the Hill Shaq
Zo who was half past dead
over the hill Gary Payton
Shandon Anderson
Jason Kapono
Haslem
Michael Doleac
Earl Barron
Wayne Simiean
Antoine Walker
White Chocolate
Dorrel Wright
James Posey

I'll wait for you to find a player on that roster who is anywhere near the talent level of Bosh or James

All those "over the hill" got them to the finals and helped them win. Gary Payton hit a game winner, J Will started 7-7 in a game, shaq still required a double team when he got the ball down low, Zo had one of the greatest defensive performances in the last minutes of one of the games, James Posey was
sick.gif
, never seen a dude who hustled so much.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....i wonder. i wonder what will they say when MIA wins? then what?

This.

So about the game tonite
eyes.gif
......I think KD will have another strong game, Harden plays much more and is more of a factor tonite and Ibaka gets 4+ blocks. I have a feeling that Westbrook will be erratic tonite.

LeBron will drop the crazy statline AND wil be a significant factor in the 4th quarter with his defense and offense. Wade will magically appear and drop 25+, Bosh will give 15+, my man Mario will play well, and the role players will continue to shoot well from 3.

That OKC crowd is AMAZING! 
eek.gif

BUT I have the Heat tonite in a great game.

Let's go 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

What were you arguing though?
laugh.gif

I said the Cavs had a great team, you said I was wrong. I stated facts, you disputed. What am I saying wrong here??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Somebody forgot that Boobie Gibson scored 30 points as a rookie that lifted the Cavs past the Wizards to the Eastern Conference finals, yet he had no help??

C'mon bro. Pro, you've lost a lot of credibility with this argument. Seems like cats take stats from ESPN, than fail acknowledge what actually happened in those games. Smarten up bruh.

Oh and..

My point is you're not winning with guys averaging 10-12 PPG and you're the only one averaging above the teens. Double figures is sugar coating it when the points are that low. How am I now the only one saying this when everyone said this for years
laugh.gif

So you can't win with one guy above teens, and others scoring 10-12?? Really? Cause I can name a few champion leaders who did.
wink.gif

TBH, I jumped all over the place I forget my original point
laugh.gif
maybe I should have just said without LeBron, those teams were nothing great to me.  You disagree, fine.  I'll agree to disagree with you on that.

Lost my credibility? 
laugh.gif
if you see my postings about anything you would know I never rely on ESPN stats and box scores.

I meant my last statement as "in this day and age".  I'm sure if you dig far back enough you may find one, maybe the 94 Rockets.  But 2000's and esp towards the end of the decade, you can't.

Originally Posted by durantula

Over the Hill Shaq
Shandon Anderson
Jason Kapono
Haslem
Michael Doleac
Earl Barron
Wayne Simiean
Antoine Walker
White Chocolate
Dorrel Wright
James Posey

I'll wait for you to find a player on that roster who is anywhere near the talent level of Bosh or James

All those "over the hill" got them to the finals and helped them win. Gary Payton hit a game winner, J Will started 7-7 in a game, shaq still required a double team when he got the ball down low, Zo had one of the greatest defensive performances in the last minutes of one of the games, James Posey was
sick.gif
Gary Payton averaged 5 points a game that season, im sure we can find some guy on the current Heat bench who can do that.  Udonis Haslem doesnt provide James Posey hustle? Shane Battier is still a top defensive player in this league.  They obviously dont have the same guys, but between Bron, Bosh, and the other guys, they can provide you with all the things you just named

Wait, wait... the Cavs had a good team?

When'd that happen?

Actually, I see y'all got pages of discussion on that one...

jttfb.gif

If you're a betting man, bet on the Heat. Dan Crawford is officiating and in the D Wade era (and Mavs fans can attest to this) the Heat are 14-3 (.824) in games he refs, 48-40 (.545) in other playoff games.

Originally Posted by durantula

Over the Hill Shaq
Shandon Anderson
Jason Kapono
Haslem
Michael Doleac
Earl Barron
Wayne Simiean
Antoine Walker
White Chocolate
Dorrel Wright
James Posey

sick.gif
Gary Payton averaged 5 points a game that season, im sure we can find some guy on the current Heat bench who can do that.  Udonis Haslem doesnt provide James Posey hustle? Shane Battier is still a top defensive player in this league.  They obviously dont have the same guys, but between Bron, Bosh, and the other guys, they can provide you with all the things you just named
Gary Payton hit a game winner in game 3 of the 06 finals, point blank, Udonis Haslem hustles but no, no where near James Posey hustle, nobody on the current heat roster can draw a double team in the paint on a consistent basis, an nobody on the current heat roster has the inside D of Zo. Now I'm not saying that roster was better than this years, but wade DID NOT play with a squad full of bums.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Nobody blames just Lebron last game....but you can't just look at the final box score and say Lebron did enough.

He was nowhere to be found on the defensive end in that entire 4th quarter and did not play efficient running the team and setting others up as he does during the flow of the game. He was MIA along with Wade/Bosh....he is the MVP he should be taking control of the game.
Exactly, once Bron gets his 30, 5+ , 5+ his apologists attempt to distance him from any Heat loss like he didnt have anything to do with it.

Yes those are eye popping stats but they dont always tell the whole story or give an indication of the flow of the game, i can remember plenty of games where other players had good stats and were still blamed when their team came up short...its always been that way.

All greats were blamed when their team lost, nobody gave a damn about MJ's ppg against detroit and boston when he was getting his *** kicked year in and year out.

No one in the thread, or at least from what I have read, have attempted to absolve LeBron from any blame for the loss. He had an above-average game for his standards. Maybe even 'good'.

But sole blame for the L? No, no way.

Call me late but they actually refer to themselves as the "Heatles"?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Can't have it both ways...if Bron was the whole team and got them at least to the Finals with a bunch of so called scrubs then surely he can get it done with two top 40 players on his squad now? Yet he needs more help?!? C'mon son.

He has gotten done. The Heat went to the Finals last year, and didn't get swept. The East was weak during those years they were playing Globetrotter ball in Cleveland. The fact that team went to the Finals is a testament to how great a player he was in Cleveland.
I love it it. Keep judging LeBron by Eastern Conference standards to  protect him, but if you want the truth judge him by the league. This is the same crap Iverson fans keep spewing. "He carried his team by himself," and "It show's how great he is." Cut the crap. Was the East as weak as you say or does LeBron deserve credit for carrying the Cavs to the Finals? It really can't go both ways.   
It can go both ways. At what point did MJ carry the Bulls to the Finals without Pippen and Grant before the retirement? Zero.
MJ couldnt get by the Celtics or the Pistons as a one man show because the league was much better and a one man team couldn't get it done.

Phil Jackson brought on two guys that were going to be consistent night in night out to compliment MJ and Chicago went back to back to back.

Back
Top Bottom