Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Been watching the one on eBay for over a month since it’s one of the last 76ers AI’s I need, but I’ve never paid more than $200 for an AI jersey and I’m not gonna start now.

But these are the ones they really need to drop. I think I still have the 3XL warmup jacket at my parents house:lol:

30D17361-A39B-4038-A8BD-C23EA61FC78F.jpeg

I didn't think Adidas made authentic ones for his brief last stint with the 76ers since he joined them after the season began and left before it ended.

I'm sure they'll eventually make that Nationals jersey because they've made like 3 other vintage jerseys of his from what I recall.

Looking for a variety of swingman shorts in sz Medium only. Lost a bit of weight during covid due to outdoor activities. Can anyone point the right direction to a few sites? I am looking for Raptors, Lakers, Bulls, Magics, Wolves, Utah in particular. OG home/away colorways only. Thanks

Looking for a variety of swingman shorts in sz Medium only. Lost a bit of weight during covid due to outdoor activities. Can anyone point the right direction to a few sites? I am looking for Raptors, Lakers, Bulls, Magics, Wolves, Utah in particular. OG home/away colorways only. Thanks

Very low inventory right now. Sites typically restock every other week and OG colorways are gone within 2-3 days.
Current best to worst inventory right now.

Macys - https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/mitchell-swingman-shorts/Gender/Men (Buy One, Get One 25% off)
Renarts - https://renarts.com/search?q=swingman shorts*&type=product
Pro Image Sports - https://proimagesports.com/searchanise/result?q=ness+shorts (restocking in the next week or so)
Shiekh - https://www.shiekh.com/
Fanatics/Fan Edge/Lids

Last edited:
I was moving around some stuff in my closet and i grabbed a few of my swingman shorts and threw em to the side. I went to do the same thing to an authentic pair of shorts and was taken back by how heavy they were. 1 pair of authentic shorts feel like they weigh as much as 2-3 pairs of swingman. I had no idea that the difference in weight between the 2 would be that noticeable.

I was moving around some stuff in my closet and i grabbed a few of my swingman shorts and threw em to the side. I went to do the same thing to an authentic pair of shorts and was taken back by how heavy they were. 1 pair of authentic shorts feel like they weigh as much as 2-3 pairs of swingman. I had no idea that the difference in weight between the 2 would be that noticeable.

That's why in NYC I only wear Authentics on summer nights. Swingmans during the day. Authentics on a summer day on the subway and it's like the Dave Chappelle mudbutt skit. (not literally but you know what I mean, it's hot!) They're meant for air conditioned arenas. If I lived in Cali would be a different story when you can rock them year round through the Fall\Winter seasons.

Last edited:
I think the weight has something to do with marketing. Something too light is usually associated as inferior and low quality goods.

The authentic replicas we get are not what players wear, it is heavy because of fashion. The earlier runs (US, El Salvador, Mexico) are closer to on court/field versions. No way I believe players felt comfortable playing in what's being produced now. The shorts are fire, but they're stupid heavy. Imagine having to play defense on a professional level in the weight of those shorts lol

Swingmans are watered down joints. Point blank.

If you and someone else was wearing raptors shorts at the same place you can tell how inferior it is. Like the entire logo is stitched and embroidered in full detail on the authentics. Even the eyes and the fingernails of the dinosaur are full of threads. The mesh is a higher quality material and better product all around.

I’ve seen some swingman shorts where the sewn on patches were cracked and faded or the logo itself have rubbed off like a losing lottery scratcher ticket. People in here posted their swingman rocket shorts where you can even see the logo anymore, just a pair of pinstripe shorts with a blank sewn on patch lol.

Best comparison would be legit signature shoes and watered down versions. Like the zoom flight 95 to the thrill fights, The Gloves to the son of gloves, More uptempo to Much uptempo. Then people saying I don’t ball it my more uptempos because it’s too heavy, I’d rather ball in my much uptempos because they’re lighter and I don’t care if they get beatup.

This boi wild affff.
:lol:

No sir, I'm just being honest with how I feel about particular products. I know a lot of people dislike certain things like me but won't say it whereas I have no problem saying it.

The authentic replicas we get are not what players wear, it is heavy because of fashion. The earlier runs (US, El Salvador, Mexico) are closer to on court/field versions. No way I believe players felt comfortable playing in what's being produced now. The shorts are fire, but they're stupid heavy. Imagine having to play defense on a professional level in the weight of those shorts lol

Yes it's common knowledge we don't get the same things as the players, but sorry I honestly don't know about the fashion aspect. Yes I agree older versions resembled what the players wore.

It's crazy how MLB players used to have to wear wool to play games decades ago! NBA uniforms have gotten lighter each decade it seems when they were thick as hell before the '80s.

Back
Top Bottom