Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I don’t understand. After a while people’s swingmans gonna look like this:

EED2153B-82DD-44B9-8891-6DEEC1049CE3.png

Then u got other swingmans that don’t even look remotely the same as the authentics like theses:

60858033-1AE4-45AC-A779-69C0580FEE5D.jpeg
Like the diamond trim on the sides don’t even connect to the bottom trim.

Other Swingman shorts look NOTHING like the authentic version.

idgaf, you can wear what u want to wear, but at least wear the versions that make the most sense.

My list of borderline acceptable swingmans compared to authentics are:

Showtime Lakers shorts (no logos). Plain purple/gold or gold/purple. Looks the same as authentics minus the real trim and different materials, and triangle cut at the side. D

Charlotte Hornets shorts. Teal or dark purple/blue. Looks exactly the same as authentics. No patches or logos you have to worry about.

just saying...

It’s common sense. I used to rock with swingmans but only some versions without excessive logos and that looked the same.

some swingman shorts I had were the Denver nuggets, Lakers,charlotte. The pinstripe rockets and pinstripe bulls were my only exception to the no logo self imposed rule I had because I really wanted them. After a while the rockets Logo on the leg wore off almost completely. And the bulls logo on the sides did the same. It got to the point where I was searching for sew on or iron on patches to replace them. Smh.

After my first few heavily discounted (40% or more like already on sale plus 30-40) authentic shorts, I’ve never looked back. I indeed made the turn and I’m sure others will too. At one point I was pro swingman if you look at my post history.

just sharing my experiences.

The authentic replicas we get are not what players wear, it is heavy because of fashion. The earlier runs (US, El Salvador, Mexico) are closer to on court/field versions. No way I believe players felt comfortable playing in what's being produced now. The shorts are fire, but they're stupid heavy. Imagine having to play defense on a professional level in the weight of those shorts lol

I still have a few pairs of authentics from 93-97 (Champion and Nike). The mesh was just as thick as the current M&N stuff.

I’m still curious what buddy was talking about a few days ago when he said the screenprint on his Magic authentics was peeling and said they aren’t swingmans

Me too. Don’t want to bother him because he was in the hospital getting blessed with a new edition.

I’m curious because there is no way the magic authentics can crack or peel. There is literally nothing to crack or peel.

I don’t pocket watch anyone. They can wear what they want and buy what they want. You got me mixed up with the other dude.

I still have a few pairs of authentics from 93-97 (Champion and Nike). The mesh was just as thick as the current M&N stuff.

Exactly. That was a different era. It was wild back then. Like NBA superstars in that era were playing in heavy *** shoes too. Like penny was hooping in foam ones, pippen was rocking the multiple air max uptempo line, even guards like Derek Fisher were playing in the max uptempos. All those shoes compared to today’s zoom counterparts are all heavy af in comparison.

Has anyone noticed that some sites don’t sell size small (36) anymore?

Like some sites release some new shorts and it starts from size M-3XL. Some sites that come to mind are Champs, Footsites, Eastbay, even Corporate.

I know they stopped making XS (32) in shorts for some reason, but damn are they trying to phase out small too?

kicking myself by not picking up those jkidd nets or Mavs shorts but in hindsight only M&N had them in a size small anyway.

Could y’all give it a rest .... people buy and where what they like .... doesn’t make you greater than or less than .....

enjoy the products you Have
The passion dudes will put behind what another man wears is corny
Imagine taking the time to explain the differences between authentic and swingmans when we all know the differences by now.

Some of you dudes are asshats with entirely too much time on your hands. :lol:
Imagine being such an asshat to assume that some newer people don’t know the differences.
yes yes yes yes

The swingman talk is funny. Here's a comparison of an OG product vs the swingman. Which one will I get more use out of? The swingmans, which is worth less than 10 percent of the pro cut. The swingmans have pockets while the pro cut is a dress on me. Are the details the same? Of course not, but let's not act like any Made in China shorts, swingman or authentic, are going to match the Champion products anyway, they don't do it with jerseys and don't do it with shorts.

IMG_4003.jpeg

The understandable issue with swingman is quality and details. Since it's an imitation product using lower quality materials, there's a shorter lifespan on them because of lack of durability.

It's been proven with pictures and testimonials multiple times that they're much more susceptible to damage and wear.

What's good about authentic is that you don't have to worry about them getting damaged or worn out, etc. if you put them in a washing machine as opposed to it being a formality with swingman due to cheap materials.

Back
Top Bottom