Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Bert. Bert. you wasn’t playin. This 08-09 feels a bit more fitted than the other. Yet the length is the same as my other ones.
6D26D3C0-93C4-4B91-84DD-A73BF612D08E.jpeg
B1BCE42A-9DC4-4629-B3D6-C231759023F8.jpeg

Authentics were available in the 90’s. I still have multiple pairs I purchased throughout the decade. The main difference between retail and game issued was the omission of the brand logo (NBA not NCAA) and custom player cuts/sizing. The materials were the same.
Back to my original point- if you’re so wrapped up in people not wearing “authentics”, you should take a step back and actually hunt down proper authentics. Until then, you’re just a hypocrite buying imitation pieces while calling people out for doing the exact same thing.
I agree that the M&N authentics are a better quality than the swingmans but they’re both licensed knockoffs of a brand(s) that is no longer making the original product.

What’s worse is the fact that M&N is charging $125+ for made in China while Champion made their authentics in the USA during the 90’s.
34d26a00-e926-4a46-8157-7155bd3652dd-jpeg.2641402

Yes NBA authentic stuff was available in the '90s, but it was limited because jerseys didn't become popular until early 2000s. And not many websites carried them that time.

I recall the authentic NBA shorts for retail always had the brand logo on the front whereas the game issued ones didn't.

Like I said before, none of us are getting true authentic unless it's a worn in a game by a player or team issued to a player with his size and cut. It's been known that we're all getting imitation pieces realistically even if it's authentic.

I'm just committing to my principle to always have quality regardless.

Yes I know how licensing works with M & N. But they're my only choice for those types of jerseys because they make sizes I can wear now whereas the '90s Champion stuff had limited size availability. I ain't going to eBay to buy that '90s stuff secondhand that won't fit me at higher than original price from price gougers. And some of those authentic '90s jerseys had discrepancies with fonts sizes and number and letter placements.

I agree it's bad that M & N is marking up $200 for reproductions that are outsourced. I think authentic Champion was $100 apiece in the '90s.

Finally sent my gold kobe rookie back ....: more I watched it the more pissed I got with Jerry Lol
I think your the third person in here in the past week. I sent mine back last Thursday. I wasn't really concerned with the logo, I just didn't like it anymore. There are many other jerseys I would rather have.

I think your the third person in here in the past week. I sent mine back last Thursday. I wasn't really concerned with the logo, I just didn't like it anymore. There are many other jerseys I would rather have.
I just think it’s a classic jersey .... I would want it my collection

Sent my good rookie KB back too. It sucks because I wanted to wear it for Mamba Weekend/Day/KB BDay. Smh.

I’m keeping my KB rookie jersey. Leaning Jerry and all. Used gift cards from Raise, so I’m not trying to deal with the hassle of returning it.

Back
Top Bottom