Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

That !%%! is so stupid. It's like the Diego/Karo fight from a while back.

No, this is nothing like that fight. Diego won that fight legitimately.

having forrest win does create a bigger draw for the ufc.

their original tv champ with the actual belt.

conspiracy.

rampage seemed a little too "cool" with the decision. i thought he caused more damage throughout the fight.

and rogan was on forrest's nuts hard.

Originally Posted by Jesum Piece

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

That !%%! is so stupid. It's like the Diego/Karo fight from a while back.

No, this is nothing like that fight. Diego won that fight legitimately.

Diego got the %+%% slammed out of him for 2 and a half rounds. You can't be serious?

word that decision was bull %%@%

all the people who i watched with let out a collective, "WHAT THE !@#+" when Forrest was announced...

and agreed, rogan was riding forrest HARD it was disgraceful

One of the worst decisions I've seen in a loooooong time. Rampage lost one round. To say Forrest's Triangle attempt in the third won that round forhim is ridiculous. Rampage knew exactly where he was going with it, see powerbomb. Rampage clearly won every round but the 2nd (10-
glasses.gif
. The fix was in. The UFChas become exactly what they didn't want....Boxing.

I only hope Affliction can hold it together long enough to ruin this !!+%. The UFC is going down the same exact route as boxing, money, money, poster boys,money. At least it appeared the fans realized what was going on when they boo'ed Forrest.I wasn't going to order this, only did when my friends threwdown cash. I won't order another one, what an awful display. Terrible fights, terrible decision at the end.

First off let me say i was going for rampage, i just dont see how some of you guys are saying this is the worst decision when its not. Yes rampage landed moreeffective punches but he didnt have that many exhcanges, forrest overall controlled the fight. I dont agree with 49-46 like the one judge had it. Page evenadmitted forrest whooped him, i just hope a rematch happens soon and page knocks him out

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

First off let me say i was going for rampage, i just dont see how some of you guys are saying this is the worst decision when its not. Yes rampage landed more effective punches but he didnt have that many exhcanges, forrest overall controlled the fight. I dont agree with 49-46 like the one judge had it. Page even admitted forrest whooped him, i just hope a rematch happens soon and page knocks him out

Point blank the best round Forrest had was round 2, and it was ineffective ground and pound and submission attempts on a guy with one leg.

LOL @ dude bringing up rampage admitting forrest whooped him

dude says that #### all the time, u can't really put weight into that

naija, i never heard page say that about wandy when he beat him, damn you rampage, fight should have been over in the first round

rampage seemed a little too "cool" with the decision

and forrest didnt seem overly excited to be champ.

fixed.

something seriously needs to be done about the judging.

the ufc is damn well due for a correct decision.

naija, i never heard page say that about wandy when he beat him, damn you rampage, fight should have been over in the first round

He said it about Wandy and Shogun from what I remember. He flips it know (even though I agree). He won't trash a dude right in front of people afterhe's just won. Hell he tried to give Ninja a trophy after he won
laugh.gif

i remeber the trophy
laugh.gif
, i do agree with mayhem and clutchshooter aboutthe judging but i dont think its the ufc, if im not mistaken isnt it the lv athletic commision? either way somebody needs to teach the judges about scoring,having big john or bas or eddie bravo would be very helpful

i remeber the trophy
laugh.gif
, i do agree with mayhem and clutchshooter about the judging but i dont think its the ufc, if im not mistaken isnt it the lv athletic commision? either way somebody needs to teach the judges about scoring, having big john or bas or eddie bravo would be very helpful

Yup, it's the commission. That's why it's not gonna happen anytime soon. You can't really blame the orgs when it goes down to a decision.They don't pick the judges. I really don't see Dana pulling that. Everyone talks about them wanting Forrest being champ because of the marketability,but Page has been nothing but a stand up champ. Next to Rich, I think he was the best face for the company as a champ and one of the most marketable fighters.With no offense to Spider but the language barriers are stopping that from happening.

i don't understand how the scorers had the match so one sided...REMATCH PLEASE.

i think dana white/ufc wanted griffin to win the match to show that the ultimate fighter could be the champ...LAME fixed !@%% %!%...

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it.Boxing be damned.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it. Boxing be damned.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I don't see why the UFC would want Rampage to lose his belt when he was one of the most popular figures in thesport. Honestly, Rampage touched more of a demographic then Forrest would. He had people in the hood training MMA. I got my homeboys calling me asking them toteach them some Thai and jits
laugh.gif
. Let it be before Rampage got bigthey'd still be on that "no *!#@" @@@* every time they watch a grappling match.

it was a good fight, i thought rampage won it overall but forrest definitely controlled the pace of the fight, even though the scoring was laughable thedecision was acceptable

joe stevenson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but gleison is a %$*$$+ beast at 155 and was winning the fight up until he got caught
tyson griffin a stud as usual
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I could go on forever as to why the UFC wants Forrest more than Rampage.

1. Gives credence to their reality show

2. He's "funny"

3. He takes a beating and keeps going... Warrrrrr as Mr. Rogan would call it.

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever.Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. Irealize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong onthis...but I don't think i am.

Seems like the judges only remembered the second round. I don't remember Forrest landing more than about five good blows the entire rest of the fight.

(1st of all I put 0 stock into the Forrest Shogun fight) After watching the fight for a 3rd time I will in fact give it to Rampage... but even still I knew ifit was close it would go to Forrest. The kid wanted it more (The Polls had him at one point 65/45 winner even though he was the huge under dog betting) and hewas a HUGE favorite. Also Forrest did nothing with his mount full mount in round 2 even though he completely owned it ehh I'm not sure if i'd give it a10-8 but jeez it was a close fight.. Congrats to Forrest though he took some licks.

The most ridiculous thing about that decision is that Rampage didn't have a scratch on him when the final bell rang. For all that time Forrest spent on topof him in the 2nd Rd, he didn't inflict any damage.

Back
Top Bottom