Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

just saw the fight (easynews ftw)\

anyway it was REALLY close. ESPN ruined it for me cuz they announced the outcome b4 i could see it. so i knew the whole time watching it.

it could have gone either way in a regular bout. BUT since the belt was on the line, Rampage got robbed. Griffin "TRIED" to take it meaning hepressed the fight and tried to finish, but he couldn't and he got hurt at times with some VICIOUS blows! all in all GOOD FIGHT! REMATCH ASAP.

The most ridiculous thing about that decision is that Rampage didn't have a scratch on him when the final bell rang. For all that time Forrest spent on top of him in the 2nd Rd, he didn't inflict any damage.

thats not really relevant..see BJ Penn vs Georges St. Pierre

how could rampage have clearly won when forrest was pushing on the pace and jackson was backing up ???? honestly....can you really say rampage was pressing theissue ??? I know his knee was dead but it's a fight...that's just how the dices roll...and the only time rampage was connecting was on forrest mistakesfor leaning in too much (because he was throwing punches) therefore they had their own game plan it just so happens that forrest was the better fighter thatnight.

-smile

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

having forrest win does create a bigger draw for the ufc.

their original tv champ with the actual belt.

conspiracy.

I guess the same could be said about matt serra ???? chill bro
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
@ people giving the argument that Rampage was unscathed after thematch, was this your first time watching combat sports?

With all the Forrest hate here, I don't know on how would a judge favor Rampage in this match. Dude definitely wasn't the aggressor for most of thefight and to think he clearly got hurt and said it himself he's a bad actor that's why he couldnt hide it. It was a close fight and I'd give it asplit decision, unanimous mightve been too much.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

I could go on forever as to why the UFC wants Forrest more than Rampage.

1. Gives credence to their reality show

2. He's "funny"

3. He takes a beating and keeps going... Warrrrrr as Mr. Rogan would call it.

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helpedforrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the firstround...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile

anywhere i can see the fights???

missed it last night

the websites i usually watch dont have it and are all taken down

f*ck UFC................

Rampage got robbed..........

....end of story

UFC can keep their poster boy

Told ya guys so. Lol. While watcing the fight partially buzzed, I had Forrest winning rounds 2, 3 or 4 (I don't remember, and 5. Maybe if I watch it asecond time with my full attention, I'll give it a different outcome.

just saw the rampage and forrest fight...

close fight but rampage won that one. if u gotta beat a champion u gotta do it decisively and forrest didnt do that.

round 1... rampage. got the knock down and had more damaging shots that connected

round 2... forrest. got him with those leg kicks. got the takedown, aside from the attempted arm lock, he just laid down on rampage and rubbed his elbow on hisface. no gnp watsoever.

round 3 & 4... very very close. that triangle wasnt really sunken in cuz if it was then rampage wouldnt been asleep. good attempt though but rampage pulledout and took a take down.

on the last round... forrest was being aggressive for the first 2 minutes then it seemed like he was just waiting for the time to run out the rest of the finalround, sticking and moving. maybe rampage shoulda been more aggressive like he usually is but its hard to hit someone whos walking backwards.

honestly it wasnt that exciting. the rampage vs henderson and liddell vs. wandy fights were definitely more exciting fights that went to a decision.

Who thinks Dana will give Chuck a title shot if he beats Rashad? That would be a huge fight: UFC's TUF Champion vs. the most popular UFC fighter ofall-time?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Who thinks Dana will give Chuck a title shot if he beats Rashad? That would be a huge fight: UFC's TUF Champion vs. the most popular UFC fighter of all-time?

I hoping that's not the case, and that Machida gets the next shot (even if I find him incredibly boring, he deserves it), but I wouldn't besurprised.

i don't know a whole lot about MMA, but I watch it regularly and this Rampage-Forrest fight was a travesty.
Did anyone else get a weird feeling from the very beginning when Joe and Mike were slobbin up Forrest?
We had about 10 people over and almost all of us were drinking and even the chicks that were there said something was off about this fight.
i'm not gonna say "fixed" but ehh...
and then Rampage being a nice guy after the fight. wonder how much Dana laced his pockets with to say what he said?
a friend of mine said something along the lines of this may be the beginning of the end. mma is going the way of boxing. hate to say it, and maybe not to thatextent, but it may be.

-J-

That was ridiculous. I almost broke my TV in half. Rampage took 1, 3, 4 clearly. 39-36? Fixed fight. A travesty.

Originally Posted by aZnGTI

f*ck UFC................

Rampage got robbed..........

....end of story

UFC can keep their poster boy

you do realize rampage is also a poster boy
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Who thinks Dana will give Chuck a title shot if he beats Rashad? That would be a huge fight: UFC's TUF Champion vs. the most popular UFC fighter of all-time?

if he does give chuck it a shot...dana will again show his lack of greatly executing a "scale" that proves who deserves a title shot...I honestlybelieve they should but a system in the UFC that determines the contender by having a certain amount of points accumulated by wins...because this guy danaobviously is a fan favorite...I mean come on now...nor vs mir for the title ??? that's just stupid. but to each his own

rampage is a poster boy, but there is always another one

remember that

Forrest garners more of what the traditional fans of UFC want to see, while Rampage is more of the knockout blow (but a black dude who talks noise) who thefans really dont want

Just look at how long Matt Hughes was the PBoy, traditional fighters is what they want at the top, to stay true to the core audience, every now and again, theyhave a liddel or rampage shake it up though

Every now and then they have Liddell shake it up?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I don't know what to say about that...
Anyway.....

Here is the fight metric system for Rampage and Griffins fight.
http://fightmetric.com/fights/Griffin-Rampage.html

48% of Sherdog votes has Griffin winning the match.http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/do...championship-fight-griffon-vs-rampage-809321/

I still have yet to see the fight. It seems odd thought how everyone said Griffin was dominating for a page on NT and a couple pages on sherdog and then acouple pages later, everyone is saying FIXED when Griffin got the win.

Originally Posted by flossb15

rampage is a poster boy, but there is always another one

remember that

Forrest garners more of what the traditional fans of UFC want to see, while Rampage is more of the knockout blow (but a black dude who talks noise) who the fans really dont want

Just look at how long Matt Hughes was the PBoy, traditional fighters is what they want at the top, to stay true to the core audience, every now and again, they have a liddel or rampage shake it up though

i dont understand this post. wat is a traditional fighter???

Originally Posted by Ryda421

2. He's "funny"

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrestbeing the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrestdoes. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go toForrest.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

2. He's "funny"

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrest being the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrest does. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go to Forrest.

You arguing about Forrest being crowded the OG ultimate fighter is the same as Rampage being known as the person who knocked out Iceman....that's justwhat they are known for...and you can't be serious bro ???? Rampage is poster boy coming up in TV shows and upcoming movies PLUS he has actionfigures...and you're gonna sit there and tell me he doesn't draw that much attention ??? please man....and I don't even know where to begin aboutthe pride...I guess the same could be said about W.Silva right ???

both fighters stuck to their game plan...and forrest came out winning...maybe if page didn't back up soo much the judges wouldn't have marked himdown....you sound more like a rampage fan rather than a MMA fan...but to each his own.

-smile

Chuck BETTER NOT get a title shot if he beats Rashad. By the way, isnt Machida the #1 contender for the light heavyweight belt after beating tito?

Back
Top Bottom