Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^ i dont know if ive ever wanted to see a movie more.

ill hit it up on opening night then catch the cards on saturday
nerd.gif

^ it aint that serious to be man slappin people hahaha.

i missed the fight due to a stupid wedding so its hard for me to give an educated opinion on it. A couple of my boys watched the fight and they are casual mmafans at best, and their initial reaction was that it was an arguably fair decision and in their eyes they saw forrest eeking out a very slim margin of victory.

as much as i would have liked to see rampage win, it sets up some more interesting scenario's to get others in the mix for the strap.

I think the scoring was off i had rampage winning round 1, 3 & 4 and griffin winning rounds 2 & 5 (round 2 being scored 10-
glasses.gif
. which should have been adraw, oh well whats done is done.

Upon reviewing the fight a second time I can see how Forrest could've edged out the fight. My only gripe is that one score. There was no way that fight wasone sided like that. Hopefully we see Page/Shogun II or Page/Wandy III sometime soon and if Page does beat one of those guys after (I hate to say it, but morethen likely) Forrest vs. Chuck/Evans hopefully he gets another shot at the title. Probably not until early (like Feb.-April) 2009 at the earliest.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

Ryda421 wrote:

Originally Posted by Ryda421

I could go on forever as to why the UFC wants Forrest more than Rampage.

1. Gives credence to their reality show

2. He's "funny"

3. He takes a beating and keeps going... Warrrrrr as Mr. Rogan would call it.

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrest being the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrest does. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go to Forrest.

You arguing about Forrest being crowded the OG ultimate fighter is the same as Rampage being known as the person who knocked out Iceman....that's just what they are known for...and you can't be serious bro ???? Rampage is poster boy coming up in TV shows and upcoming movies PLUS he has action figures...and you're gonna sit there and tell me he doesn't draw that much attention ??? please man....and I don't even know where to begin about the pride...I guess the same could be said about W.Silva right ???

both fighters stuck to their game plan...and forrest came out winning...maybe if page didn't back up soo much the judges wouldn't have marked him down....you sound more like a rampage fan rather than a MMA fan...but to each his own.

-smile

Please.... I could give a damn about Rampage or Forrest. Listen to the commentating. Tell me how many times they referenced Rampage as the man who knocked out Liddell, and how many times they mentioned Forrest being the Original Ultimate Fighter. And you're definitely off base on Pride. The UFC has avoided every other organization like the Plague, see upcoming Affliction show. Rampage will always go back to pride, most of his highlights are from Pride. The UFC doesn't want to acknowledge that %++#. And I'm sorry knocking out Chuck isn't a big deal anymore, the UFC knows it, see Keith Jardine.

And what does Wanderlei have to do with anything in this discussion? If you fail to realize the importance of TUF to the UFC, you're just missing the boat. The proof is in the pudding my man, that's how they make their money. I don't see Keith Jardine getting stroked off for beating Chuck...I do see Forrest getting stroked for winning TUF, it's all they talk about with him, he "put the UFC on the map." Forrest beat Rua...who was supposedly injured....Show me someone else on the list that is even worth mentioning...Jardine beat him...Oh I forgot, he beat Hector Ramirez...****...He didn't even deserve a title shot. Forrest is a good personality, he's a decent fighter, nothing more.
yeah, but that's how commentating goes...it's not national TV where you are told to be unbiased...you can't say they have avioded every organization...because they UNIFIED the belts...which makes the UFC and Pride ONE ! lol come on...you're saying it's a not big ???/ lulz come on bro let's be serious...you act as if chuck is mark coleman or something...I bring up Wandi because IMO they have about the same attention in the UFC...I don't know if you remember but when rampage came to the UFC there was a big deal about it (when he fought eastman)...or did you forget that ???

no I never said I neglect the importance of TUF...well keith so far has been a floot IMO he didn't decisively win..and on ther hand forrest has proven his spot in the UFC; ortiz, monson,hector ramirez, bonnar, sinosic, monson, SEVERN..are you seriously gonna tell me those wins don't make him worthy but yet rampage knocking out liddell which you say is not a big deal anymore, counts ??? well it does on both sides, meaning judging the deserving of title contention is a handpicked lottery...how many fights did rampage have before he fought for the belt ??? 1 fight so please don't say anything about who or who doesn't deserve a title shot...and you don't think so, then I really do not want to continue this debate...they say he HELPED put UFC on the national stage...which he did...and you're not gonna tell that rampage vs iceman rematch didn't also help distribute UFC fame ??? **** brah lulz
Severn, Really Dan Severn in 2001? Wow, Just Wow
roll.gif
Edit: I just checked...Homie lost to Dan Severn...Yes Lost...in 2001. It was his first fight on the fight finder...Granted it was his first fight, I can't fault him a bit, I really hope it wasn't his "first fight." That would be rough with crafty OLD Dan...But you capitalized it...My LORD.
Sinosic
roll.gif

The Snowman in 2002 w/ nothin but Jits
roll.gif
Mind you in the WEFC...Ya Monson was a contender
tired.gif

Ortiz beat him
Steffan Bonner? Come on, we can do better
Hector Ramirez
roll.gif

My Lord, we don't have a valid candidate yet. You must have missed the fact he beat Chael Sonnen, or maybe you just didn't know who he was. That's a whole lot more noteworthy to me than Hector Ramirez...See James Irvin.

And I've already explained why 'Page deserved a title shot. 1 fight? Are you $#*%*%% serious? You're taking fights from Southerm Alabama or some @$%% with Monson in 2002 for Forrest? Homies probably had alligators reffing the damn fight, and you're going to say 'Page had one fight? You can't have it bothy ways my friend. ..Lets see. Wins over

Chuck
Bustamonte
Arona
Liddell
Randleman (In his PRIME)
Shogun (Yes Forrest's big win, Rampage wiped the mat with Homie)
Vovchanchyn (You brought in Dan Severn my Lord)
@$%% I'll even throw in Matt Lindland, if you're going to put the damn snowman in the conversation.

And noooo I completely FORGOT UFC 67 it was sooo long ago. Of course they hyped Rampage, they paid a lot of money for him, he was on the card. I don't expect them to completely ignore him. They also hyped wand, they also hyped Nog, Heath etc. etc. etc. Doesn't mean they don't want Forrest as their "Poster Boy." It was close it was going to Forrest, I knew it, so did everyone else. . .

My whole argument is based upon the fact the UFC has bred Forrest to be their champion, and they'd much rather him be the Champion instead of Forrest. Forrest didn't deserve a title shot, find me one oponent other than Shogun, who has has beat that's woth a damn. I'll repeat, Forrest was beat by Tito Ortiz...at the very end of Ortiz' career.

And your Pride/ UFC argument is moot, absurd in fact. You must have missed the fact that the Zuffa bought Pride....That's when everyone came over. Don't act like the UFC would even consider acknowledging pride before...They let Chuck go over one time..Rampage mollywhopped him. You must have missed a whole lot of history my man. You must have missed the pride glory days. They unified the belts because they bought the whole damn org. The UFC wouldn't even speak pride's name before this...Fedor? Dana once said who's Fedor? It appears you're pretty new to this. The UFC has a history of clashing with other ORG's, they've attempted to thwart every one of them, acting as if they don't exist. Lets see Pride, check bought em. IFL, check sued 'em. WEC, Zuffa owns them. Affliction, hmmm I wonder what happened there, they put on a free even they're so scared. Elite XC...you must've missed Dana's comments on that. So can i say they've avoided every org...Point proven. ##%$ if Fedor decided to do a KOTC, the UFC would put on a show next door, just to take attention away.

Lets get real Duke.. Dan Severn.....Really.....Dan Severn I'm still "lulz omg ##%".

I can' t continue this one it's just too much. Forrest proved a LOT to me on Sat. night, I actually gained a bit of respect for him. But to say he deserved a title shot is assinine. He has accomplished nothing (in terms of deserving a title shot in the leading MMA org on the planet, Lord knows he's accomplished a lot more than most fighters, but we're talking the top of the mountain here) other than winning the UFC's golden TUF, being a "funny" guy, and getting the *%+! kicked out of him only to keep fighting (making for good fights to the "brawl" lovin' public). I'll give him credit, good work, he's better than most, he's good, but best at 205, no thanks.

so you wouldn't agree those fights give some props under his belt ??? lol wow you must believe some ametuers enter the octagon in that case.also you act as if dan was a joke...IMO forrest fighting dan to decision is much more impressive than page barely beating matt in decision.

1 FIGHT IN THE UFC ! lol do you think his previous fights (pride, CR) transferred to the UFC..please I thought you knew better than that...I understand a winis a win, however the rules are different...hyping up heath poster boy ??? wth
laugh.gif

rampage came before the purchase. lol man I thought you were tlaking about something else...I know UFC is a monopoly...I hate dana white...dude is a scumbag....either way...we'll see when forrest defends the belt
pimp.gif

Ryda421 wrote:

2. He's "funny"

I'm sorry but all this Bonnar v. Griffin BS about them putting UFC on the map is horrendous. It's like the've been building to this moment forever. Two sloppy strikers punching each other silly does nothing for me, however, for most of the public I guess it's an awesome thing. Griffin is a posterboy. I realize he has some talent, that much is obvious. But the #1 205'er in the world? Honestly? I'm' just not seeing it. I could be completely wrong on this...but I don't think i am.

honestly bro...the same would be said about rampage...we all know rampage has a BIG mouth therefore I wouldn't go as far as saying the UFC helped forrest win the decision...and honestly, I'm reading that forrest won the first round...I was pulling for forrest and I thought he had lost the first round...so it's just opinion. word.

-smile
How does Rampage give credence to their reality show, which is a HUGE draw for the UFC? He doesn't. $@+%, how many times did they reference Forrest being the "original" Ultimate Fighter, they love the fact that he came from their reality show.

Pride v. UFC is still a debate, Dana knows this. Rampage is still Pride in most people's eyes. He doesn't have the drawing power in the US that Forrest does. Listen to the crowd at the beginning of the fight.

I still say this decision was garbage. I watched it again. It's not really all that close, be I knew if it was even mildly close the decision would go to Forrest.

You arguing about Forrest being crowded the OG ultimate fighter is the same as Rampage being known as the person who knocked out Iceman....that's just what they are known for...and you can't be serious bro ???? Rampage is poster boy coming up in TV shows and upcoming movies PLUS he has action figures...and you're gonna sit there and tell me he doesn't draw that much attention ??? please man....and I don't even know where to begin about the pride...I guess the same could be said about W.Silva right ???

both fighters stuck to their game plan...and forrest came out winning...maybe if page didn't back up soo much the judges wouldn't have marked him down....you sound more like a rampage fan rather than a MMA fan...but to each his own.

-smile

Please.... I could give a damn about Rampage or Forrest. Listen to the commentating. Tell me how many times they referenced Rampage as the man who knocked out Liddell, and how many times they mentioned Forrest being the Original Ultimate Fighter. And you're definitely off base on Pride. The UFC has avoided every other organization like the Plague, see upcoming Affliction show. Rampage will always go back to pride, most of his highlights are from Pride. The UFC doesn't want to acknowledge that %++#. And I'm sorry knocking out Chuck isn't a big deal anymore, the UFC knows it, see Keith Jardine.

And what does Wanderlei have to do with anything in this discussion? If you fail to realize the importance of TUF to the UFC, you're just missing the boat. The proof is in the pudding my man, that's how they make their money. I don't see Keith Jardine getting stroked off for beating Chuck...I do see Forrest getting stroked for winning TUF, it's all they talk about with him, he "put the UFC on the map." Forrest beat Rua...who was supposedly injured....Show me someone else on the list that is even worth mentioning...Jardine beat him...Oh I forgot, he beat Hector Ramirez...****...He didn't even deserve a title shot. Forrest is a good personality, he's a decent fighter, nothing more.
yeah, but that's how commentating goes...it's not national TV where you are told to be unbiased...you can't say they have avioded every organization...because they UNIFIED the belts...which makes the UFC and Pride ONE ! lol come on...you're saying it's a not big ???/ lulz come on bro let's be serious...you act as if chuck is mark coleman or something...I bring up Wandi because IMO they have about the same attention in the UFC...I don't know if you remember but when rampage came to the UFC there was a big deal about it (when he fought eastman)...or did you forget that ???

no I never said I neglect the importance of TUF...well keith so far has been a floot IMO he didn't decisively win..and on ther hand forrest has proven his spot in the UFC; ortiz, monson,hector ramirez, bonnar, sinosic, monson, SEVERN..are you seriously gonna tell me those wins don't make him worthy but yet rampage knocking out liddell which you say is not a big deal anymore, counts ??? well it does on both sides, meaning judging the deserving of title contention is a handpicked lottery...how many fights did rampage have before he fought for the belt ??? 1 fight so please don't say anything about who or who doesn't deserve a title shot...and you don't think so, then I really do not want to continue this debate...they say he HELPED put UFC on the national stage...which he did...and you're not gonna tell that rampage vs iceman rematch didn't also help distribute UFC fame ??? **** brah lulz
roll.gif
Edit: I just checked...Homie lost to Dan Severn...Yes Lost...in 2001. It was his first fight on the fight finder...Granted it was his first fight, I can't fault him a bit, I really hope it wasn't his "first fight." That would be rough with crafty OLD Dan...But you capitalized it...My LORD.
Sinosic
roll.gif

roll.gif
tired.gif

Ortiz beat him
Hector Ramirez
roll.gif

My Lord, we don't have a valid candidate yet. You must have missed the fact he beat Chael Sonnen, or maybe you just didn't know who he was. That's a whole lot more noteworthy to me than Hector Ramirez...See James Irvin.

And I've already explained why 'Page deserved a title shot. 1 fight? Are you $#*%*%% serious? You're taking fights from Southerm Alabama or some @$%% with Monson in 2002 for Forrest? Homies probably had alligators reffing the damn fight, and you're going to say 'Page had one fight? You can't have it bothy ways my friend. ..Lets see. Wins over

Chuck
Bustamonte
Arona
Liddell
Randleman (In his PRIME)
@$%% I'll even throw in Matt Lindland, if you're going to put the damn snowman in the conversation.

And noooo I completely FORGOT UFC 67 it was sooo long ago. Of course they hyped Rampage, they paid a lot of money for him, he was on the card. I don't expect them to completely ignore him. They also hyped wand, they also hyped Nog, Heath etc. etc. etc. Doesn't mean they don't want Forrest as their "Poster Boy." It was close it was going to Forrest, I knew it, so did everyone else. . .

My whole argument is based upon the fact the UFC has bred Forrest to be their champion, and they'd much rather him be the Champion instead of Forrest. Forrest didn't deserve a title shot, find me one oponent other than Shogun, who has has beat that's woth a damn. I'll repeat, Forrest was beat by Tito Ortiz...at the very end of Ortiz' career.

And your Pride/ UFC argument is moot, absurd in fact. You must have missed the fact that the Zuffa bought Pride....That's when everyone came over. Don't act like the UFC would even consider acknowledging pride before...They let Chuck go over one time..Rampage mollywhopped him. You must have missed a whole lot of history my man. You must have missed the pride glory days. They unified the belts because they bought the whole damn org. The UFC wouldn't even speak pride's name before this...Fedor? Dana once said who's Fedor? It appears you're pretty new to this. The UFC has a history of clashing with other ORG's, they've attempted to thwart every one of them, acting as if they don't exist. Lets see Pride, check bought em. IFL, check sued 'em. WEC, Zuffa owns them. Affliction, hmmm I wonder what happened there, they put on a free even they're so scared. Elite XC...you must've missed Dana's comments on that. So can i say they've avoided every org...Point proven. ##%$ if Fedor decided to do a KOTC, the UFC would put on a show next door, just to take attention away.

Lets get real Duke.. Dan Severn.....Really.....Dan Severn I'm still "lulz omg ##%".

I can' t continue this one it's just too much. Forrest proved a LOT to me on Sat. night, I actually gained a bit of respect for him. But to say he deserved a title shot is assinine. He has accomplished nothing (in terms of deserving a title shot in the leading MMA org on the planet, Lord knows he's accomplished a lot more than most fighters, but we're talking the top of the mountain here) other than winning the UFC's golden TUF, being a "funny" guy, and getting the *%+! kicked out of him only to keep fighting (making for good fights to the "brawl" lovin' public). I'll give him credit, good work, he's better than most, he's good, but best at 205, no thanks.
so you wouldn't agree those fights give some props under his belt ??? lol wow you must believe some ametuers enter the octagon in that case. also you act as if dan was a joke...IMO forrest fighting dan to decision is much more impressive than page barely beating matt in decision.

1 FIGHT IN THE UFC ! lol do you think his previous fights (pride, CR) transferred to the UFC..please I thought you knew better than that...I understand a win is a win, however the rules are different...hyping up heath poster boy ??? wth
laugh.gif

rampage came before the purchase. lol man I thought you were tlaking about something else...I know UFC is a monopoly...I hate dana white...dude is a scum bag....either way...we'll see when forrest defends the belt
pimp.gif

Read your first two paragraphs carefully. Contradiction?

And yes, Dan Severn in 2001. Please just stop JonathanWiezorek Dan's not a joke, but truly, Dan is not a victory even any UFC title contender puts on their resume at this point. And Matt Lindland,'ol boy almost got Fedor recently...I don't see Affliction trying to procure Dan for their card, I'm sure he'd fight for $10, homie does it forthe love.

Rampage fought Eastman a month before the purchase. It was a done deal.

But really, we're beating a dead horse now... I'm out.

I'll give it to Forrest. It was his first fight, but Dan Severn is the king and creator of Lay and Pray. Page beating Linland is still more impressive thenForrest beating Dan past his prime. Both are still impressive though.

1 FIGHT IN THE UFC ! lol do you think his previous fights (pride, CR) transferred to the UFC..please I thought you knew better than that
Anderson Silva anyone?
Dan Henderson who went straight on to fight Rampage and then Silva?

so you wouldn't agree those fights give some props under his belt ??? lol wow you must believe some ametuers enter the octagon in that case. also you act as if dan was a joke...IMO forrest fighting dan to decision is much more impressive than page barely beating matt in decision.

1 FIGHT IN THE UFC ! lol do you think his previous fights (pride, CR) transferred to the UFC..please I thought you knew better than that...I understand a win is a win, however the rules are different...hyping up heath poster boy ??? wth
laugh.gif

rampage came before the purchase. lol man I thought you were tlaking about something else...I know UFC is a monopoly...I hate dana white...dude is a scum bag....either way...we'll see when forrest defends the belt
pimp.gif

WHATTTTTT??? hold up, losing to a 43 year old dan severn to decision is more impressive than rampage beating matt lindland?

I'm so tight I lost $200 on that Rampage/Forrest fight.

I hope Rampage kicks Forrest teeth in next time they meet.

Originally Posted by wildout4

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

WHATTTTTT??? hold up, losing to a 43 year old dan severn to decision is more impressive than rampage beating matt lindland?
yes sir...People on here act like forrest is flook..and that rampage is a monster but yet he can't destroy matt when he already fought shogun,chuck, and wandi twice ???? come on now.

Originally Posted by wildout4

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

HAHAAHAHAHAHA.

Lindland is a politician man, not a fighter. It aint no thing to beat someone like him. (note sarcasm, if it wasnt coming through heavily enough)

No doubt that Severn is a legend, but comparing wins over an aging over the hill Severn to Matt Lindland is a crime against MMA fandom if you ask me

Ryda421 wrote:

2. He's "funny"

-smile

-smile

roll.gif
Sinosic
roll.gif

roll.gif
tired.gif

Ortiz beat him
Hector Ramirez
roll.gif

Chuck
Bustamonte
Arona
Liddell
Randleman (In his PRIME)

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Read your first two paragraphs carefully. Contradiction?

And yes, Dan Severn in 2001. Please just stop Jonathan Wiezorek Dan's not a joke, but truly, Dan is not a victory even any UFC title contender puts on their resume at this point. And Matt Lindland, 'ol boy almost got Fedor recently...I don't see Affliction trying to procure Dan for their card, I'm sure he'd fight for $10, homie does it for the love.

Rampage fought Eastman a month before the purchase. It was a done deal.

But really, we're beating a dead horse now... I'm out.

Contradiction ? lol
eyes.gif
how did ol boy almost get fedor ????/
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dude lost in a min. a couple seconds....so which fighter isbetter in your book...a fighter who fights only for BIG BUCKS...or someone who does it for the love ???? I guess if you mentality is money money money word to"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase

one month ??? rampage fought beginning of February the deal was not finalized beginning of may.
nerd.gif
ehh word to the dead horse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_DiBiase

[h3]Quote of the Day: Lyoto Machida"I Think the UFC wants a Champion that Chuck Liddell can Beat"[/h3]

Undefeated light heavyweight contender Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida was recently interviewed by TATAME News and had this to say about the light heavyweight title bout at UFC 86between Forrest Griffin and Rampage Jackson.
"Look.. to me, Quinton beat Forrest, but they gave it to Forrest. I think the UFC wants a champion that Chuck Liddell can beat, so he can win the belt again.. he is an ex-champion, sells more and has more marketing."

Some strong words from The Dragon, who is looking for a title shot himself.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it. Boxing be damned.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I don't see why the UFC would want Rampage to lose his belt when he was one of the most popular figures in the sport. Honestly, Rampage touched more of a demographic then Forrest would. He had people in the hood training MMA. I got my homeboys calling me asking them to teach them some Thai and jits
laugh.gif
. Let it be before Rampage got big they'd still be on that "no *!#@" @@@* every time they watch a grappling match.
I get what you're saying, and I understand Rampage's appeal to the urban audience and what that could do for the UFC.

But the fact is the UFC's demo is far and away a white male, likely between 18-35 years old (they have younger fans, but those fans usually don't havetheir own $$ to buy PPV's).

Right now the UFC has a Hawaiian champ, a Canadian, 2 Brazilians, and what was an African-American champ in Rampage.

No Matt Hughes. No Chuck Lidell. No one that the core UFC consumer could relate to.

And there you have your new LHW champ.

I lost the same amount, $200 on the fight also, Forrest got me good.

On another note. Does anyone else think that UFC/Spike should set something up to show the NON televised part of the PPV, I know I wanted to see a couplefights this past card.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it. Boxing be damned.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I don't see why the UFC would want Rampage to lose his belt when he was one of the most popular figures in the sport. Honestly, Rampage touched more of a demographic then Forrest would. He had people in the hood training MMA. I got my homeboys calling me asking them to teach them some Thai and jits
laugh.gif
. Let it be before Rampage got big they'd still be on that "no *!#@" @@@* every time they watch a grappling match.
I get what you're saying, and I understand Rampage's appeal to the urban audience and what that could do for the UFC.

But the fact is the UFC's demo is far and away a white male, likely between 18-35 years old (they have younger fans, but those fans usually don't have their own $$ to buy PPV's).

Right now the UFC has a Hawaiian champ, a Canadian, 2 Brazilians, and what was an African-American champ in Rampage.

No Matt Hughes. No Chuck Lidell. No one that the core UFC consumer could relate to.

And there you have your new LHW champ.

u r mostly wrong in that statement.

worldwide... rampage has more fans in the mma community, especially in japan and across europe

in the US... forrest is the UFC posterboy, along with chuck liddell matt hughes and rich franklin, for the typical white male of america. couture could beadded there but even he doesnt like how the UFC is hadnling its business.

was the fight fixed to some extent??? highly possible. the fight was very close and yet the scores didnt tell that. it was very one sided for the judges.

^ The Jorge Gurgel vs Cole Miller fight is free on ufc.com now atleast.. But I definitely think they should set something up aswell.

Back for some MMA news, if you guys didn't catch:

UFC will put out on a free replay of UFC 84: "Ill Will" to counterblock EliteXC: "Unfinished Business" live at Stockton California on july26, it will be EliteXC's second CBS show. The UFC get's $3.35 million in gate from last week's UFC 86: Jackson VS. Griffin event. Rampage is onMedical suspension till January of next year, but nothing really serious with his knee, he will be back training in the gym, this week. Anderson "TheSpider" Silva will be going up against Yushin Okami after his Light-heavyweight bout against James "The Sandman" Irvin at UFN 14. The Spideralso stated that he will be focused on the middle-weight division, and mainly want to do light-heavyweight bouts for good main event purposes(Super Fights),Silva says that Team Blackhouse member Lyoto Machida deserves the Light-heavyweight belt and will get it, and both stated they don't want to fighteachother. UFC President Dana White said the UFC won't go by the new weight classes made by state officials. Some changes on weight classes(2examples):HeavyWeight: 225.1 to 265 pounds/Light-HeavyWeight: 205 to 225 pounds.Dana White also stated that they got a TV deal will be signed in 3 months.Mirko Cro Cop is set for surgery, he will undergo surgey on his knee injury and will be pulled out of DREAM 5, His opponent was Jerome Le Banner, it would be asecond time these two would meet if Cro Cop wasn't pulled out. Crop Cop won in the first fight, also Denis Kang pulled out of DREAM 5. Rumors going aroundwith Andrei Arlovski have a Professional Boxing Debut bout coming up but no plans anytime soon stated boxing instructor Freddie Roach. Lyoto Machida alreadyhas an opponent for october, but nothing yet signed. Fedor will be set to fight in december. Hendo, Franklin & Hamill will be aprt of UFC 88: Breakthrough.Shogan Rua returns to training, can't wait till he gets back to the octagon by the end of this year. Torress Vs. Faber could happen in a later onsuperfight in the WEC. UFC 89 might be on tape delay free on spike in october, and a UFC 90in Chicago will be the following week; It will be back to back UFCweeks of the month of october. September 6, WEC: Filho VS. Sonnen II. Same night as UFC 88, and Adrenaline MMA II. Frank Trigg signs a 3 fight deal with WVR."Big" Jon Mcarthy the new number 1 enemy, Dana White Stated. The "Axe Murderer" set to return by october or december, and Diego sanchez VS.Thiago silva could be set in UFC 89. UFC in 2009 will be focused mainly on international events, such as UFC event in the Philippines, Possibly going back toBrasil, Japan, and hitting Europe & Korea. TUF season 8 looks like it might be one of the best seasons, alot of good lightweight fighters, andlight-heavyweight fighters. Dana stated that he found the next anderson silva but in the lightweight Division, He's Guam. Dude is a beast tho, 5'9 andwalks around 215, big for a lightweight. Nickname the "Hybrid"; Gotta watch for him, Dangerous in Mauy-thai, got that plum also Philippe "TheFilipino Assassin" Nover 5-0, dangerous Knockout power & mah Braddah " Sugar" Shane Nelson The boy trains with us in Team Penn; I alsoforgot Matt Hughes Twin brother Mark Hughes will be in TUF 8 as a lightweight fighter. Rashad Evans Older brother Lance Evans will be apart of theLight-Heavyweight division. Don't forget guys if you have kids that want to train MMA, there's training camp for kids in Hilo, HI at the Penn trainingand fitness center, 639 kinoole St./ July 14-25. Me and the rest of Team penn will be there, also Braddah BJ will be there, everyone is welcome.
Latest on the DREAM 5 card.
HEIWA DREAM.5 Lightweight GP 2008 Final Round
Date: July 21st, 2008
Place: Osaka Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan

Lightweight GP Final Fight:

Kawajiri/Alvarez vs. Uno/Aoki

Lightweight GP Semifinal Fights:
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Eddie Alvarez
Caol Uno vs. Shinya Aoki

Lightweight GP Reserve Fight:

Joachim Hansen vs. Black Mamba

Featherweight Fight: