Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it. Boxing be damned.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I don't see why the UFC would want Rampage to lose his belt when he was one of the most popular figures in the sport. Honestly, Rampage touched more of a demographic then Forrest would. He had people in the hood training MMA. I got my homeboys calling me asking them to teach them some Thai and jits
laugh.gif
. Let it be before Rampage got big they'd still be on that "no *!#@" @@@* every time they watch a grappling match.
I get what you're saying, and I understand Rampage's appeal to the urban audience and what that could do for the UFC.

But the fact is the UFC's demo is far and away a white male, likely between 18-35 years old (they have younger fans, but those fans usually don't have their own $$ to buy PPV's).

Right now the UFC has a Hawaiian champ, a Canadian, 2 Brazilians, and what was an African-American champ in Rampage.

No Matt Hughes. No Chuck Lidell. No one that the core UFC consumer could relate to.

And there you have your new LHW champ.

Agreed. Completely forgot they didn't have a white American champ in there anymore after Serra lost. They do seem to be gaining more fans, but losing abunch of fans that started the whole UFC boom. Guess this is their way of evening it out.
Eddie Alvarez
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is a beast tho, 5'9 and walks around 215, big for a lightweight.
Waiiiiittttttttttttt
eek.gif
... 2pac: Typo?

TITO ORTIZ TO RE-SIGN WITH UFC?
Don't be surprised if Tito Ortiz's last fight is with the UFC. Sources close to the situation have informed us that despite being courted by several other organizations, Ortiz apparently prefers to finish his career with the organization he started it with and is currently considering possible fight offers from the UFC. Although no contract agreement has been reached, Ortiz has been in negotiations and was offered potential fights with UFC light heavyweights Houston Alexander, Thierry Sokoudjou and Stephan Bonnar to name a few.

As evidenced by the standing ovation he received from the crowd in attendance during his unanimous decision loss to Lyoto Machida, Ortiz is still a big draw amongst fans. The overwhelming support he received could be one of the reasons why Ortiz, who's grown accustomed to his superstar status and fighting in front of 10,000+ fans, would prefer to stay with the UFC, undeniably the biggest and most popular MMA organization in the world.

Another reason could be that despite going winless in his last three fights, Ortiz is still only one or two fights away from a title shot. Ironically, he holds a controversial split-decision win over newly crowned UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin and he also has a draw with Rashad Evans, who will be facing Chuck Liddell later this year at UFC 88 to determine the next challenger for the UFC light heavyweight title. Depending on the outcome of that fight, there are several lucrative possibilities for both Tito Ortiz and the UFC and both sides have been working diligently to come to terms despite Dana White once saying,"I have no interest whatsoever in being in the Tito Ortiz business." He may have no interest, but if it makes dollars, it makes sense.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3011.html

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

If you don't think the UFC has a hand in the pocket of the NSAC you're kidding yourself. The UFC is the NSAC's money maker, and NSAC knows it. Boxing be damned.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I don't see why the UFC would want Rampage to lose his belt when he was one of the most popular figures in the sport. Honestly, Rampage touched more of a demographic then Forrest would. He had people in the hood training MMA. I got my homeboys calling me asking them to teach them some Thai and jits
laugh.gif
. Let it be before Rampage got big they'd still be on that "no *!#@" @@@* every time they watch a grappling match.
I get what you're saying, and I understand Rampage's appeal to the urban audience and what that could do for the UFC.

But the fact is the UFC's demo is far and away a white male, likely between 18-35 years old (they have younger fans, but those fans usually don't have their own $$ to buy PPV's).

Right now the UFC has a Hawaiian champ, a Canadian, 2 Brazilians, and what was an African-American champ in Rampage.

No Matt Hughes. No Chuck Lidell. No one that the core UFC consumer could relate to.

And there you have your new LHW champ.

Agreed. Completely forgot they didn't have a white American champ in there anymore after Serra lost. They do seem to be gaining more fans, but losing a bunch of fans that started the whole UFC boom. Guess this is their way of evening it out.
Eddie Alvarez
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude is a beast tho, 5'9 and walks around 215, big for a lightweight.
Waiiiiittttttttttttt
eek.gif
... 2pac: Typo?

Not a typo bro it's true, i know it's hard to believe but that's his normal weight size while he was in the army. Dude's a beast thohe's fighting in lightweight. can't wait for season 8. It's also going to be interesting watching a lightweight version of Matt Hughes; Matt'stwin Mark Hughes is in lightweight, normally a middleweight.

I know it's a little early, but I'm anxious for this weekend!
smokin.gif

Affliction: Banned

MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead

PRELIMINARY CARD (FSN)

Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin

PRELIMINARY CARD (MAY NOT BE BROADCAST)

Edwin Dewees vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
J.J. Ambrose vs. Mike Pyle
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young

UFC Fight Night 14

MAIN CARD
  • Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin
  • Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
  • Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca
  • Jake O'Brien vs. Cain Velasquez
  • Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson
  • C.B. Dollaway vs. Jesse Taylor
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
  • Brodie Farber vs. Rory Markham
  • Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo
  • Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees
  • Shannon Gugerty vs. Dale Hartt
Since I'm VERY unfamiliar with 3 of the undercard fights, I decline to give a favorite
tired.gif

UFC are just grabbing people from IFL....Rory Markham, popular face in IFL, nice add to the welterweight division of the UFC.

I'm going to be tuning into Spider kicking %*%! Spider needs the fight anyways because he moved up. Dana is just doing this because of the Affliction fightand Spider needs some fights under his belt with the 205 division.

I have heard great things about the Affliction PPV and was prolly just gonna go on a site and get a recap after i Watch the UFC one. I had never actually seenthe card though. I just knew Sylvia was fighting Fedor.

BUT GEEZ LOUISE LOOK AT THAT CARD!?!?!!

I might have to flip flop and go to a bar and see that Affliction card. Must be some ridiculous spending to get all those names on there. I guess I'll tryand record FN and just don't look at the Spike TV screens when I go out. After I get off work it's should be a great night.

PREDICTION TIME

Affliction: Banned

MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead

PRELIMINARY CARD (FSN)

Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin

PRELIMINARY CARD (MAY NOT BE BROADCAST)

Edwin Dewees vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
J.J. Ambrose vs. Mike Pyle
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young

UFC Fight Night 14

MAIN CARD
  • Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin
  • Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
  • Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca
  • Jake O'Brien vs. Cain Velasquez
  • Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson
  • C.B. Dollaway vs. Jesse Taylor
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
  • Brodie Farber vs. Rory Markham
  • Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo

TMZ has learned former UFC heavyweight champ Rampage Jackson got busted just minutes ago, and is currently in custody on the way to the clink.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (that's near Laguna Beach in the O.C.) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

We're told there could be additional charges. No word yet on whether Rampage resisted arrest.
eek.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Edit: the guy who posted pics on Sherdog said he sold the pics to TMZ
laugh.gif
.Now you can view them on TMZ.com

Only 4 days until Affliction, I expect big things. By the way:

Fedor sub/2
Rizzo ko/3 (close call)
Aleks ko/2
Babalu decision (close call)
Lindland sub.2
Homick decision (should be a good one)
Lazama ko/1
Arlovski/decision
Belfort ko/2 (Who will gas first? Factor in Martin's chin and I have to go with Vitor)
Pyle sub.1
Minotoro ko/1 (only thing up for debate is how many rounds it will last)

The UFC card I'll watch later, some decent fights on there. The free UFC card I'm waiting for is 89 and with Sokoudjou/Cane, Wain/Carwin, andHardy/Gono just added it's going to be a +%%+%*% good night of fights.

Taken from sherdog.com:

Light heavyweight sensation Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pictures) was arrested Tuesday by Costa Mesa police officers following a high-speed pursuitthrough the Californian suburbs from Costa Mesa to Newport Beach, according to a report from The Daily Pilot.

Jackson's gray lifted pick-up truck collided with two other vehicles on 19th Street and Newport Boulevard, details the report. A Costa Mesa officerattempted to pull Jackson over but the fighter continued driving, hitting another car in what became a chase with local authorities around 1:13 p.m.

An anonymous witness told Sherdog.com that Jackson's car was on three wheels and a blown-out tire at one point during the pursuit.

Sherdog.com has learned that Jackson was en route to a training partner's residence and gave himself up to authorities outside his final destination.According to the report, a Costa Mesa police officer said the pursuit lasted five minutes.

A maestro with the sound byte, former Pride Fighting Championship star Jackson (27-
glasses.gif
has been one of the UFC's richer acquisitions in recent years. Theextroverted 30-year-old smashed promotion favorite Chuck Liddell (Pictures) at UFC 71 to garner the light heavyweight title in May 2007. Jackson defended thecrown once before dropping a hotly contested unanimous decision to Forrest Griffin (Pictures) at UFC 86 "Jackson vs. Griffin" in Las Vegas on July 5.Jackson and Griffin had previously traded verbal barbs as rival coaches on Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter 7" before meeting in the Octagon.

Photos released by TMZ.com show the former champion face down on the street outside the house. It appears Jackson was directed to exit his car at gunpoint.

Details of the arrest were not readily available. Multiple attempts to reach Jackson's manager, Juanito Ibarra, were unsuccessful.

This N Rampage lives a few streets down from me, his F150 is no joke, that thing will do damage to about any car
eek.gif
$%@ is like a monster truck. Def. cantoutrun a cop.

Dude has not been reppin irvine too well lately
laugh.gif

rampage wat the fck r u doing

he'll prolly be suspended at least 6 months

there goes his chances for a straight rematch

saw the pics of him lying face face down
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Cops took him to the Orange County Jail, but they determined he was "medically unfit" to be booked. Cops won't say if he was high.

Dude was probably drunk as hell!
smh.gif

Rampage ain't done. Plenty of UFC fighters get in trouble with the law. Rob Emerson, War Machine, Leben. Even Jesse Taylor is fighting again.

Be careful with your double standards....

Back
Top Bottom