Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Pretty cool vid.

laugh.gif
�at the shocker pen.

Mostapha Al Turk suffered a broken eye socket, broken jaw, and 2 broken cheekbones and the hands of Kongo.

DAMN!

^usually whoever broadcasts those UFC events online, they should have K1. I have a paid stream and I'm pretty sure they'll have it (although it'llbe @ 1am New Years day, i don't know if I'll be able to watch it).

18. DREAM Middleweight 84kg: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to UFC 92 (just got back home from Vegas yesterday, that's why it's a bit late). This was the 2nd event I attended - first one was UFC 74.Despite being up in the nosebleeds, witnessing 2 of my all time faves (Wandy & Big Nog) lose the way the did & losing on both fights I bet on (Al-Turk& Massenzio let me down), it was awesome being there. The atmosphere of a UFC event is amazing. It was really loud during Wandy's & Forrest'sentrances.

Here's a few pics from the event - no great action shots b/c I like to attend as a fan & not a photographer/I'm really not that great w/thecamera:

The view from my seat
28re3o1.jpg

Rampage taking a lap around the cage before the fight
6fv4vd.jpg

Wandy & Rampage facing off
2jchtn8.jpg

Nog & Mir facing off
9ksg1e.jpg

Mir being crowned interim champ
242j5mb.jpg

Rashad & Forrest facing off
23kfayd.jpg

Rashad & Forrest after the fight
33w8k0m.jpg

The undercard was a bit of a drag. Thank goodness the main events lived up to the hype.

Pat Barry could be a major force in the HW division. Those leg kicks were brutal.

Blackburn vs. Chonan was a snoozer. Very disappointing performance from both.

Matt Hamill was dominant, but he needs to work on his hand speed if he wants to be a real force @ 205.

Hardonk got a good win, but it seems he'll always be stuck on the undercards.

Okami vs. Lister was another snoozefest. I don't know if Dana White will be giving Okami his shot @ Anderson after that fight. I like Lister, but itseems he can't put in consistent performances.

I'm not really a Kongo fan, but he's a beast. I still think Kongo's low blow was intentional, tho.

It looks like Rampage is back on track & has shook off his demons. That was a very impressive KO. I still have hope that Wandy will be the "AxeMurderer" once again.

CB was solid, despite nearly getting subbed. Massenzio will bounce back.

Mir had a very impressive victory, even though Nog was a step slow that night. An in-shape Mir is scary. I hope he destroys Brock when they fight again.

Congrats to Rashad for winning the LHW belt. I hope he has silenced his critics w/that victory. I've always thought the hate he gets is overexaggerated.Much respect goes to Forrest for putting up a great fight. He'll still be a top contender @ 205.

Yo I love the UFC. Anyone train MMA? I just started to taking jiu jitsui I be getting tapped like a mofo. I wrestled for one season in high school wish I didmore now.

In thta video whats the name of the guy with Randy Couture??

It's on the tip of my tongue but I always forget it. He asked me if i worked at niketown this past weekend. I was scared #%@+%#%$ to say the least.

Pretty intimidating guy..

and Hansen vs Calvancante
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

In thta video whats the name of the guy with Randy Couture??

It's on the tip of my tongue but I always forget it. He asked me if i worked at niketown this past weekend. I was scared #%@+%#%$ to say the least.

Pretty intimidating guy..

and Hansen vs Calvancante
pimp.gif
I think that's Satoshi Ishii. NASTY judoka, Olympic gold medal in fact.

watchin it now too

EDIT:

just watchin a re-run now

How you gon have a Bone Crusher entrance with the matching skull outfit and get submitted
smh.gif

Alvarez was close and got caught in a sub as well. He was seconds close but Aoki got him first

smh.gif
crocop with the deliberate low blow
laugh.gif
inside leg kicks against a 7#$# guy is bound to be a low blow

I have yet to see the Saku fight

Didn't see any of the fights but Alvarez lost??? 2009 should be his year to prove he is one of the top at his weight class.

If it was ever a time to say Cro Cop is done, hes done.

If Fedor beats the Pitbull, he somehow needs to find a way to fight Overeem. The two of them are clearly the hottest heavyweights right now.

Is Overeem finally ranked? I personally think Andrei has the best shot to derail Fedor...but aside from him I'd love to see an Overeem/Fedor match. But forsome reason I just think Overeem would get sub'd reaaaal quick.

I don't see how Overeem should be ranked in the top 10 outside of the fact that he's the Strikeforce champ.

He hasn't beat a top 10 guy unless you want to consider his recent win and his NC with CroCop.

And even then, you can argue that guys like Gonzaga and Kongo are BETTER than CroCop, so that doesn't really say anything to begin with.

^ I think he's deserving of a top 10 ranking...a 9-10 ranking mind you but a top 10 ranking nonetheless. I can't argue about Napao much he's a top10 heavyweight for sure, but Rothwell in the top 10? Really? Thats just absurd. And as for Kongo, I'm not hating on him because he does want bettercompetition but his wins are even less notable than Overeem's recent ones. And I have still yet to see ANYTHING from Kongo aside from his sketchy stand-up.

Originally Posted by 01heavencent

^ I think he's deserving of a top 10 ranking...a 9-10 ranking mind you but a top 10 ranking nonetheless. I can't argue about Napao much he's a top 10 heavyweight for sure, but Rothwell in the top 10? Really? Thats just absurd. And as for Kongo, I'm not hating on him because he does want better competition but his wins are even less notable than Overeem's recent ones. And I have still yet to see ANYTHING from Kongo aside from his sketchy stand-up.
I mean Overeem's wins have been? Mark Hunt who hasn't done anything as of late, Gary Goodridge is old, and the fight with Mirko was a NC.And Kongo has shown some good wrestling in a couple fights and I wouldn't call his stand-up sketchy. He hits like a ton of bricks... Off the top of my headI would put:

Fedor
Mir
Brock
Couture
Arlovski
Nog
Gonzaga
Sylvia
Cain
Kongo
Werdum
Dos Santos

All before Overeem.

No way Cain or Dos Santos are top 10 heavyweights yet. They for sure have serious potential but they need some more fights before they crack that list. DosSantos' win over Werdum makes his case but I don't think it warrants putting him ahead of Overeem. Granted Overeem hasn't beat "name"opponents he is winning and until he proves otherwise, is a good heavyweight. As for Kongo, for sure dude packs a punch, Al-Turk got his face BROKE but to melooking at the way Kongo strikes it doesn't seem solid, it reminds me of an early version of Koscheck. I mean compared to before its getting progressivelybetter but until I see him actually tested I can't put him before Overeem. Personal preference I guess. Overeem definitely needs to find some legitcompetition to either validate him in conversation one way or the other. Who does Cain have next?

Originally Posted by 01heavencent

No way Cain or Dos Santos are top 10 heavyweights yet. They for sure have serious potential but they need some more fights before they crack that list. Dos Santos' win over Werdum makes his case but I don't think it warrants putting him ahead of Overeem. Granted Overeem hasn't beat "name" opponents he is winning and until he proves otherwise, is a good heavyweight. As for Kongo, for sure dude packs a punch, Al-Turk got his face BROKE but to me looking at the way Kongo strikes it doesn't seem solid, it reminds me of an early version of Koscheck. I mean compared to before its getting progressively better but until I see him actually tested I can't put him before Overeem. Personal preference I guess. Overeem definitely needs to find some legit competition to either validate him in conversation one way or the other. Who does Cain have next?
Agreed. I guess I'm kind of looking at also at head to head. I think Kongo, Cain, and Dos Santos can beat Overeem at this point, but itisn't far fetched to see Overeem crack the Top 10.

Cain's fighting someone from Golden Glory (Overeem's gym), Denis Stoknik or something like that. Cain should run through him, we'll see.

I just watched the Saku match and he just let Tamura pound him (nh) for the win
smh.gif
He wasn't even striking from his guard when T's head was well open.

best believe Aoki's still partying right now
laugh.gif

No way Cain or Dos Santos are top 10 heavyweights yet

I can make a case for Cane but Dos Santos? the guy has yet to face even better competition.

...on another note, that Franklin-Henderson fight is kinda dragging now. Win or lose, they'll hit the wall. Whoever loses puts their career on a set backand whoever wins will get mauled by Silva. I'm thinking this match was made to keep the weight class moving.

aoki is the man. if all mma bouts contained aoki's dynamic sub game, people would quit mocking mma as amateur boxing or bar room brawling

What is up with ufc fighters and high speed chases?

neer arrested.

Josh Neer - a veteran of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and International Fight League - was arrested early Thursday morning by Des Moines, Iowa, police, according to the Des Moines Register. Polk County (Iowa) records show he was charged with a second-offense operating while intoxicated charge and eluding while more than 25 miles-per-hour in excess of the speeding limit.

A Polk County officer later confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that Neer was released on bond sometime around 9 or 10 a.m. Thursday morning and would face a future court date. Records indicate that his bond was set at $2,000 for the operating while intoxicated charge and $5,000 for the charge of eluding.

The officer on duty did not have details of the incident immediately available, but a report by the Des Moines Register indicated that Neer was allegedly involved in a three-car collision at a stoplight before attempting to elude police and leading them on a high-speed chase.

Neer apparently hit a car from behind at a red stoplight. That car then rear-ended a police car that was stopped for the light. Reportedly driving a black Audi Quattro, Neer then allegedly pulled out, crossing oncoming traffic and leading police on a chase.

The report goes on to say that police attempted to stop the Audi by hitting the back quarter panel of the car with a squad car. The Audi spun around, but the driver regained control. The chase eventually wound up on Interstate 80, reportedly reaching speeds in excess of 100 mph in a 65 mph speed zone.

The chase finally ended at mile marker 137, where police arrested Neer.

No statement was forthcoming from UFC officials at the time of publication.

IDIOT.

Back
Top Bottom