Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Don't forget to set your DVRs!

UFC Primetime on Spike

One of Spike TV's most-anticipated UFC-related specials kicks off this weekend with the debut of "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn," a three-part preview series for the duo's upcoming UFC 94 main event title fight.

Spike TV today released a one-minute preview of the series.

New, 30-minute episodes of "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn" debut each Wednesday, starting this week, at 10:30 p.m. EST/PST.

The Jan. 31 fight, a UFC welterweight championship bout that puts St. Pierre's belt on the line, is a rematch from the duo's original meeting in March 2006. At "UFC 58: USA vs. Canada," St. Pierre won a close split-decision victory. (Penn has since won the lightweight title, but his belt won't be on the line at UFC 94.)

To hype the SuperBowl-weekend card, Spike TV has modeled "UFC Primetime" after the successful "De La Hoya-Mayweather 24/7" series on HBO that hyped a super-successful May 2007 boxing match between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. that set a record with 2.4 million pay-per-view buys.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) first discussed the series last month. For more on the series, check out original report.

Additionally, for the latest on UFC 94, which takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Control Are wrote:
Don't forget to set your DVRs!

UFC Primetime on Spike

One of Spike TV's most-anticipated UFC-related specials kicks off this weekend with the debut of "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn," a three-part preview series for the duo's upcoming UFC 94 main event title fight.

Spike TV today released a one-minute preview of the series.

New, 30-minute episodes of "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn" debut each Wednesday, starting this week, at 10:30 p.m. EST/PST.

The Jan. 31 fight, a UFC welterweight championship bout that puts St. Pierre's belt on the line, is a rematch from the duo's original meeting in March 2006. At "UFC 58: USA vs. Canada," St. Pierre won a close split-decision victory. (Penn has since won the lightweight title, but his belt won't be on the line at UFC 94.)

To hype the SuperBowl-weekend card, Spike TV has modeled "UFC Primetime" after the successful "De La Hoya-Mayweather 24/7" series on HBO that hyped a super-successful May 2007 boxing match between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. that set a record with 2.4 million pay-per-view buys.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) first discussed the series last month. For more on the series, check out original report.

Additionally, for the latest on UFC 94, which takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

pimp.gif
Cannot wait.

I got GSP in this one. Penn is amazing, no doubt. When GSP is focused though....scary stuff.

REGARDLESS of the outcome of this fight, Penn's next fight NEEDS to be giving Kenny Florian his well deserved title shot.

UFC looks like they are getting pretty greedy with 3 PPV's so close to one another. Asking alot out of fans to shell out that kind of $$$ over that periodof time.

As long as GSP keeps his feet moving and does not get caught on his feet, I see him easily winning this fight. Ever since the first Serra fight, he seems a lotmore timid and less willing to exchange.

^ well he sure 'exchanged' the hell outta jon fitch.

wrestling is just his main strength and he seems to be one of the only fighters that doesnt shy away from his strengths just so he can prove something abouthis skills and how well rounded he is.

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Any of yall train MMA or just fans?

Trained for a long while down in San Diego. Have taken a bit of a break though since my move to SF. Let's go Hendo!!!

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Wattup fellas...Mayhem, monopoly,demon the rest. Its been awhile.............CANT WAIT FOR THE 31st of this MONTH! Ill be there in vegas! Got my tickets, and team penn 94 corner shirt. The fight is going to be CRAZY!
Welcome back man. Good $+!* on the tickets I'm trying to make the trip out there hopefully but 92 killed my pockets
tired.gif
. Well worth it though.

I've done boxing for 8 years now and I'm trying to make the transition to MMA. I've been doing Muay Thai for about 2 years now hopefully willhave my first Thai fight in 2 months up in VA.

Trained for about a year @ BJMUTA (Big John's school). Loved it but it's really expensive and with my work hours, I couldn't be there enough tojustify the cost.

Yeah I started training BJJ recently I love it. Trying to work more on my BJJ and wrestling than next year hopefully with an improved school and work scheduleI can go to this Muay Thai school and see where everything leads me. I want to have atleast one ameteur MMA fight before I enter the wonderful world ofaccounting in two years.

ive been training for almost 2 years now.

1-0 amateur MMA
BJJ blue belt
I fight at Welterweight but I have bricks for fists
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

1-0 amateur MMA
BJJ blue belt
pimp.gif

Nice how long where you training till you got your blue belt. I got one stripe right now think I'm going get a 2nd by end of febauary. Where you a bluebelt when you fought? I don't know how IM going go about getting a MMA fight it's not santactioned in NY yet all the fights happen in NJ and Idon't want to go to my instructor asking him to find me a fight when I only have BJJ as my background and a little bit of wrestling maybe I should waittill I'm a blue then hopefully they'll be more striking classes available and I'll see what's good from there

1-0 amateur MMA
BJJ blue belt
pimp.gif

Nice how long where you training till you got your blue belt. I got one stripe right now think I'm going get a 2nd by end of febauary. Where you a blue belt when you fought? I don't know how IM going go about getting a MMA fight it's not santactioned in NY yet all the fights happen in NJ and I don't want to go to my instructor asking him to find me a fight when I only have BJJ as my background and a little bit of wrestling maybe I should wait till I'm a blue then hopefully they'll be more striking classes available and I'll see what's good from there

i got my blue belt this past august, same month i had my fight. Took me about a year and a half to get it.

Amateur MMA isnt sanctioned here in south florida yet (although its in the works) so i had to drive out to georgia and was on a small show there. quite theexperience.

1-0 amateur MMA
BJJ blue belt
pimp.gif

Nice how long where you training till you got your blue belt. I got one stripe right now think I'm going get a 2nd by end of febauary. Where you a blue belt when you fought? I don't know how IM going go about getting a MMA fight it's not santactioned in NY yet all the fights happen in NJ and I don't want to go to my instructor asking him to find me a fight when I only have BJJ as my background and a little bit of wrestling maybe I should wait till I'm a blue then hopefully they'll be more striking classes available and I'll see what's good from there

i got my blue belt this past august, same month i had my fight. Took me about a year and a half to get it.

Amateur MMA isnt sanctioned here in south florida yet (although its in the works) so i had to drive out to georgia and was on a small show there. quite the experience.

Got a video of your fight? i like ameteur fights but only thing is when they get on the ground it get's ugly. Either there really good with the BJJ orit's just like #!+ are you doing lol. Do you train strictly at a BJJ school or like a MMA spot with alot of diff classes. Also how'd you winTKO,submission or decesion?

What's the avg time to get one?? I hear anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I'm trying get mine hopefully by next Jan and I started in Nov 08. Also isit weird that everything is rewarded by the amount of classes you attend kinda of well stripes atleast. I don't know if belts are like that either.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^ well he sure 'exchanged' the hell outta jon fitch.

wrestling is just his main strength and he seems to be one of the only fighters that doesnt shy away from his strengths just so he can prove something about his skills and how well rounded he is.

Yeah I'll give you that, he did stand a lot longer than I thought he would've against him. But everytime Fitch got a good shot in, I got flashbacksof that damn Serra fight and cringed. Penn has KO power and his boxing had looked really good as of late, but like you said, I hope GSP sticks to his strengthsand continuously takes him down and wears him out by the 3rd round.

MAIN CARD
  • Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
  • Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
  • Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
  • Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares
  • Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Alexandre Barros vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Antonio Mendes vs. Eric Schafer
  • Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
  • Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
  • Denis Siver vs. Nate Mohr
cant believe the card is this weekend already and cant wait for shogun to redeem himself

What's the avg time to get one?? I hear anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I'm trying get mine hopefully by next Jan and I started in Nov 08. Also is it weird that everything is rewarded by the amount of classes you attend kinda of well stripes atleast. I don't know if belts are like that either.

I'd say a year, 6 months at very least. I mean, why rush a belt rank, say you're a purple and you get schooled by a blue....eh..
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

What's the avg time to get one?? I hear anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I'm trying get mine hopefully by next Jan and I started in Nov 08. Also is it weird that everything is rewarded by the amount of classes you attend kinda of well stripes atleast. I don't know if belts are like that either.

I'd say a year, 6 months at very least. I mean, why rush a belt rank, say you're a purple and you get schooled by a blue....eh..
embarassed.gif

Yeah I hear you. I feel that it takes a while at my school to get belt rank anyway which is cool with me. I was talking to a guy I roll with he just got his4th stripe and has been doing BJJ since Oct 07. Only thing that worries me is that are stripes normally based on attendance or just progression usually. I knowthat I think belts are given by progression like if you can tap most whites and some blues than you should be ready for a blue right? Usually. What's yourrank Diabolicol and which school you train at? Any MMA aspirations or just strictly BJJ comps

embarassed.gif

Yeah I hear you. I feel that it takes a while at my school to get belt rank anyway which is cool with me. I was talking to a guy I roll with he just got his 4th stripe and has been doing BJJ since Oct 07. Only thing that worries me is that are stripes normally based on attendance or just progression usually. I know that I think belts are given by progression like if you can tap most whites and some blues than you should be ready for a blue right? Usually. What's your rank Diabolicol and which school you train at? Any MMA aspirations or just strictly BJJ comps
I'm a Blue, I used to train at Renzo Gracie academy but it was always so crowded and after awhile it got uncomfortable training with a schoolthat literally has thousands of members. I train at Studio X now which is great but I'm gonna try this place that just opened up in Ridgewood,BK. Matheus"Cabeca" Oliveira, a 2008 Pan American Gi Champion and Camilo is also a 2008 Pan Am No-Gi Champion are opening the gym. I do have MMA aspirations butI keep that to myself, I don't wanna be that guy that just talks about it, I'm humble. I figure another year or two of training maybe less if they everlegalize MMA in NY.

embarassed.gif

Yeah I hear you. I feel that it takes a while at my school to get belt rank anyway which is cool with me. I was talking to a guy I roll with he just got his 4th stripe and has been doing BJJ since Oct 07. Only thing that worries me is that are stripes normally based on attendance or just progression usually. I know that I think belts are given by progression like if you can tap most whites and some blues than you should be ready for a blue right? Usually. What's your rank Diabolicol and which school you train at? Any MMA aspirations or just strictly BJJ comps
I'm a Blue, I used to train at Renzo Gracie academy but it was always so crowded and after awhile it got uncomfortable training with a school that literally has thousands of members. I train at Studio X now which is great but I'm gonna try this place that just opened up in Ridgewood,BK. Matheus "Cabeca" Oliveira, a 2008 Pan American Gi Champion and Camilo is also a 2008 Pan Am No-Gi Champion are opening the gym. I do have MMA aspirations but I keep that to myself, I don't wanna be that guy that just talks about it, I'm humble. I figure another year or two of training maybe less if they ever legalize MMA in NY.

I hear that man. I'm trying get to a blue before I ask my teachers what they think about it. UFC 100 The Garden. Hopefully Dana can pull it off and get itlegalize. So dumb so much money NY would be making

Back
Top Bottom