Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

tombstonenw7.jpg

just curious...

for those who have fought in amateur fights, did you guys pay your corner men/coach/etc after the fight?

whenever I think of amateur I think of the Tap-Out show where they're in the middle of nowhere and people are dressed up like they're going to get somegroceries
laugh.gif
but I know everyone has to go through that stage so props toyou

I'm going with Penn. Anyone know when they reairing the special had work last night and I don't have my DVR setup yet

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

just curious...

for those who have fought in amateur fights, did you guys pay your corner men/coach/etc after the fight?

whenever I think of amateur I think of the Tap-Out show where they're in the middle of nowhere and people are dressed up like they're going to get some groceries
laugh.gif
but I know everyone has to go through that stage so props to you

Most amateurs don't get paid, which in turns means the coaches have nothing to gain. At our gym, a couple of our guys did get paid for some small shows,the standard pay for our coach from it was 20%.

When I say most amateurs, I'm referring to our fighters that have fought Rage In The Cage and a small MMA show in New Mexico.

Most amateurs don't get paid, which in turns means the coaches have nothing to gain.
Rep maybe? Bragging rights? It's only a matter of time when someone gets discovered and they transfer to a bigger camp I suppose.

and I can't just imagine how low the pay is. it's more like a volunteer job (a painful one) to build up your resume in my eyes. you dont get paid butyou get a feedback.

thanks for the info.

It's mainly just for experience like amateur boxing, I'm 8 and 2 as an amatuer boxer, they'll give you money for gas and you get a nice goldengloves tournament shirt but that's about it.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

It's mainly just for experience like amateur boxing, I'm 8 and 2 as an amatuer boxer, they'll give you money for gas and you get a nice golden gloves tournament shirt but that's about it.

What weight did you compete at?

Welterweight, at 5'11, when I first entered, I thought I was tall for that weight, nope. There were dudes that were 6 feet and up. Many of the guys alsojuice.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Most amateurs don't get paid, which in turns means the coaches have nothing to gain.
Rep maybe? Bragging rights? It's only a matter of time when someone gets discovered and they transfer to a bigger camp I suppose.

and I can't just imagine how low the pay is. it's more like a volunteer job (a painful one) to build up your resume in my eyes. you dont get paid but you get a feedback.

thanks for the info.

Amateur fights in MMA are a lot less important then in boxing though. Most of the guys I train with have 3, hell one guy only had 1, before theyturned pro. Some of these amateur orgs are pretty shotty any way. I've had one smoker MMA fight and 18 amateur boxing fights and I'm sure as hell nottrying to put in a pro boxing license anytime soon.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Amateur fights in MMA are a lot less important then in boxing though. Most of the guys I train with have 3, hell one guy only had 1, before they turned pro. Some of these amateur orgs are pretty shotty any way. I've had one smoker MMA fight and 18 amateur boxing fights and I'm sure as hell not trying to put in a pro boxing license anytime soon.

Exactly. Hell, sometimes the smokers and lil' shotty show fights are more intense/physical than the 'legalized' amateur shows lol.

Originally Posted by Twistedb9

ufc 96 jackson vs. Jardine? i thought jardine was going to fight luis cane.

That's a pretty stupid fight imo. Looks like Jackson won't get his title shot soon then. Machida/Thiago vs Rashad? And tonight I got Hendo but Iwouldn't be suprised if his age catches up with him and Shogun needs to beat Coleman into another world if he wants to be in the LHW title picture.

Back
Top Bottom