Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Shogun knocked him out with a huge uppercut with 30 seconds left in the fight, but Shogun definitely didn't look impressive in this win.

After seeing this fight, I'm convinced that unless Shogun can improve his conditioning, I don't see him hanging with the other top light heavyweights.

I know it's his first fight after knee surgery but he should have dominated the fight.

Coleman looks and sounds like an 80 year old man after the match. And he's asking for a rematch. Ehhhhhh

Shogun step your cardio game up, that was a horrible fight that was good if you can say. Shogun's strikes weren't all that either he lacked techniqueand blocking. Pride ftl.

That cut on Franklin is deep.
sick.gif

henderson/franklin was one of those either-way fights for me, both are great fighters but im actually looking forward to seeing henderson coach

as for coleman, dude punched shogan in the groin
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and it looked like he had a broken jaw at the end, all thatblood and barely being able to speak

as for shogun, this guy needs to get back to training with silva, i know silva's lost several of his last fights but he's probably got as good a gastank as anyone in the ufc, guy's a tank

SPOILERRRRRRRRRR ALERRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT

I just finished watching the 2 main fights

- Shogun's cardio is awful once again. It was evident in the Forest match and Coleman exposed him tonight. If he was to fight anyone who's got goodcardio he could be finished. I was just wondering on why he didn't finish Coleman when he had 2-3 legit chances of doing it. Best believe I was waiting fora kick to the head ala Crocop but he just let it slip away

Match him with someone aggressive, hell, give him Wand (if they can agree to that) and he'll get murdered

- I thought the Hendo-Franklin match was close. It could've gone either way but 30-27 for Franklin was absurd.

Another set-back in Rich's career. I dont know where does this take him. I also realized he's already 34 but still in great shape none-the-less.

I'll try to watch the other matches but as I've predicted the main events were dull. I'll wait for another 2 weeks...
smokin.gif

Frankin and Henderson fights was pretty good, since it was closes fight. The Shogun and Coleman was disapointing thou. Shogun really need to hits the bike toupgraded from horrorible cardio. Coleman really needs to stay retired. He was like human punching beg the whole time.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Liddell-Shogun to Carry UFC 97
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Options: [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Article | [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif[/img] Printer Friendly [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Sunday, January 18, 2009
by Brian Knapp ([email protected])

Chuck Liddell may be in the twilight of his career, but he still packs quite a box office punch. And the UFC appears willing and able to milk it for all it's worth.

The former light heavyweight champion will toe the line against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in the featured bout at UFC 97 on April 18 at the Bell Centre in Montreal. UFC President Dana White announced the matchup on Saturday.

Once the dominant figure in the 205-pound division, Liddell (21-6) has lost much of his luster in the past two years. He has dropped three of his last four fights, including his knockout loss to current UFC light heavyweight king Rashad Evans in September. Liddell turns 40 in December, and his days as an elite fighter appear numbered, if not finished completely. Still, his resume ranks among the sport's most impressive, with victories against Randy Couture (twice), Tito Ortiz (twice), Wanderlei Silva and Alistair Overeem.

Rua (17-3), meanwhile, has not looked like the same fighter who battered Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Ricardo Arona and Overeem en route to the 2005 Pride middleweight grand prix title. The dynamic 27-year-old Brazilian submitted to Forrest Griffin in his Octagon debut and struggled to put away Mark Coleman at UFC 93 on Saturday. Conditioning has become a significant concern for Rua, who has fought past the first round only six times in 20 career bouts.

Liddell and Rua were originally scheduled to meet at UFC 85 last June, but both men were forced to withdraw from the event with injuries.

UFC 97 will also feature the return of reigning middleweight king Anderson Silva, as he defends his belt against Brazilian upstart Thales Leites. A middleweight matchup pitting David Loiseau against Ed Herman will also be included on the card, as the UFC ventures north of the border for the first time in 2009.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Ryda421

that rua fight is just ridiculous. smh at coleman being a test dummy.

Coleman was more impressive than Shogun, what are you talking about. At 27 years of age and at this level of figthing, gassing out in the 2nd round ispathetic.

question for you guys -

Is the BJ Penn vs. GSP Primetime an 2-episode show or does it just end with BJ ducking Dana White's phone calls?

I don't watch SPIKE that often and I was watching this on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom