Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I don't know what 'main event' is worse, Shogun/Chuck or Rampage/Jardine
smh.gif

shogun/coleman... pretty good imo. coleman can still fight. although its evident hes not in his prime anymore. shogun on the other hand is not that explosiveanymore. u can tell hes still hesitant to go all out. most likely because of his past injuries. everyone is talking about shogun's conditioning and iagree. but u also have to factor that defending a pure wrestler and takedowns take a lot out of ur cardio.

hendo/franklin... hendo clearly won but it was a close fight. he had more takedowns and was dominant most of the time. whoever scored a 30-27 for franklin isstupid. im excited to see hendo as a tuf coach.

dennis kang's debut was pretty good. i wasnt surprised that he got caught with that chokehold. he gets careless when hes winning in his previous fights b4and this just proves it again. he had a number of oppotunites to finish the fight but oh well. its still good hes finally in the ufc. much success to him.

the upcoming shogun vs. liddell fight will be interesting if shogun improves his cardio and is in shape. having a rampage vs jardine fight doesnt make sense.why is rampage fighting someone that wanderlie beat in a matter of seconds. thats just step down for rampage. i guess the ufc is building him up. he should behaving a rematch with forrest instead.

Personally I think Hendo/Franklin was holding back a little since they have alot of respect for each other. I wanted to see a war between them but I guess not.UFC 93 wasn't that good as expected but Affliction 2 and UFC 94 in the next 2 weeks will make up
pimp.gif

roll.gif
at Bisping getting KTFO twice playing as himself.

Overeem signed? Really helps out the heavies division. I wonder how he'll do without ummmmmmm *supplementation*.

MAIN CARD (PPV)
  • WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
  • Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
  • Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
  • Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
  • Dan Lauzon vs. TBA
  • Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidelnikov
PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
  • Vladamir Matyushenko vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
  • Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
  • L.C. Davis vs. Bao Quach
  • Antonio Duarte vs. Albert Rios
  • Patrick Speight vs. Brett Cooper

Affliction this weekend
pimp.gif

Just watched a documentary on Fedor called Fedor the baddest man on the planet, got me hyped for the fight!
And also Faber vs Pulver 2 on Sunday, I love watching Faber fight, he is a beast!

MAIN CARD (PPV)
  • WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
  • Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
  • Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
  • Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
  • Dan Lauzon vs. TBA
  • Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidelnikov
@@@$ i wanna go watch it live, but dont wanna spend a grip on tickets

MAIN CARD (PPV)

WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
Josh Barnett
vs. Gilbert Yvel
Vitor Belfort
vs. Matt Lindland
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Dan Lauzon vs. TBA
Paul Buentello
vs. Kiril Sidelnikov

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)

Vladamir Matyushenko vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Jay Hieron
vs. Jason High
L.C. Davis vs. Bao Quach
Antonio Duarte
vs. Albert Rios
Patrick Speight vs. Brett Cooper

Did BJ Penn just spit out some recycled Rocky lines to GSP
laugh.gif

Its not how hard you hit, but its how you get hit and keep moving forward...

Spider should be main event just because I know he's coming out to do work! Him alone practicing in the ring is better than Chuck/Shogan fighting.

I hope CroCop one day kicks Overeem's head off. Overeem does help the HW division out alot though.

A lot?

The guy hasn't beat anyone in the top 10 yet. He's talented but we'll see. I hope he faces someone in the top 10 and not a gatekeeper.

As for BJ vs Dana, he pulled out of the current taping (it's kinda like the Pac-DLH 24/7 special). I guess there won't be an episode 3, but you knowthe drama that goes in the UFC especially if you're a star.

I do get BJs point(UFC portraying him as the villain), but the thing is that, the way he runs his mouth before any of his fights magnifies that image.

^ I read that there probably will be an episode 3, with the small amount of footage they have of BJ and the remainder of GSP.

Back
Top Bottom