Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

FAKER.

ive seen tons of guys get rocked and none of them have ever laid on the ground and said "ow, @%!@, ow, ow, @%!@, ow."

i think it would have been apparent that varner was winning but barely. as it was slipping away that knee gave him an out.

he had the overwhelming look of someone who was trying to appear unable to continue.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

FAKER.

he had the overwhelming look of someone who was trying to appear unable to continue.
im saying! it really did not look genuine. and it was rather annoying to watch him address the crowd's booing as if to justify his acting

Originally Posted by brrraptors

FAKER.

im saying! it really did not look genuine. and it was rather annoying to watch him address the crowd's booing as if to justify his acting

no wobble in his legs. no glass in his eyes, and a full sense of where he was and what was going on.

he was just moving slowly when he got up and was hunched over a bit for some reason.

that's actually pretty much how i used to fake sick when i was a kid when i didnt want to do chores or go to school.
laugh.gif

What fight was the 2nd judge who gave the fight to Cerrone watching?

Clear dominance from Varner through and through.

Cerrone has a hell of a chin though.

I had trouble respecting Varner for purposely spitting out his mouth guard and calling "timeout" against Razor Rob...now he goes and does this...smh.What is he talking about looking the doctor in the eye and crying "I can't see!"
laugh.gif

FAKER.

ive seen tons of guys get rocked and none of them have ever laid on the ground and said "ow, @%!@, ow, ow, @%!@, ow."

i think it would have been apparent that varner was winning but barely. as it was slipping away that knee gave him an out.

co-sign

he looked shook like he didnt want to finish, cuz cowboy was pushing the pace in that last round. i think a fighter wit a champion heart woulda finished thefight

He mite have been hurt for a long second but recovered and then started to fake it like a @@%*+. I woulda jus took my 5 and go back to whoop some %#$ he wasclearly winning

I'm hoping Garcia takes the belt from Brown, then fights Faber for the title
pimp.gif

Had myself a great, relaxing weekend of MMA. The best is yet to come!! GSP!!!!!!!!!

MAIN CARD
  • Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. lightweight champ B.J. Penn (for welterweight title)
  • Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
  • Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
  • Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
  • Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
  • John Howard vs. Chris Wilson
  • Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
  • Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer
If GSP somehow loses this fight, I'll be on suicide watch on Super Bowl Sunday
embarassed.gif

lol Varner was clearly winning at that point but he clearly took the out.. What a faker.. Any child who's faked being sick to get out of having to wake upand going to school could smell his lying doucheness..
Cerrone made a fan out of me.. The dude's got heart..

Originally Posted by Club29

What fight was the 2nd judge who gave the fight to Cerrone watching?

Clear dominance from Varner through and through.

Cerrone has a hell of a chin though.
I guess its all a matter of perspective/opinion. If Cerrone had finished rd 5 strong I could see how Cerrone might get a 48-47. I have bad shortterm memory, but as I was watching the fight I would have given Cerrone rd 2 (i think) and rd 4, and possibility of rd 5. That being said, you cant take thestrap off someone by eeking out a questionable decision, and I thought there was no way they were going to give the fight to Cerrone in that situation.

Hey demon. you might be on suicide watch this weekend. sorry dude.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

ohwell.gif

I got a bad feeling about this fight, I've had it since Dana announced last year. If he comes out and takes it BJ the same way he did to Serra in theirsecond fight, I have no doubts he can grind out a UD. Just keep putting the pressure on him, wear him out with TD's and GnP and avoid the haymakers BJthrows. BJ is no slouch on the ground, so submitting him is a far chance. Having never been KO'd on his feet, I wouldn't wanna be the first to test hisstand up.
tired.gif

I consider myself a HUGE GSP fan, but I can honestly say I have NO FAITH in his chin right now, not until I see him take a few hard shots,brush 'em off and keep moving forward. Stick to your game plan Georges, stick to it!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

ohwell.gif

I got a bad feeling about this fight, I've had it since Dana announced last year. If he comes out and takes it BJ the same way he did to Serra in their second fight, I have no doubts he can grind out a UD. Just keep putting the pressure on him, wear him out with TD's and GnP and avoid the haymakers BJ throws. BJ is no slouch on the ground, so submitting him is a far chance. Having never been KO'd on his feet, I wouldn't wanna be the first to test his stand up.
tired.gif

I consider myself a HUGE GSP fan, but I can honestly say I have NO FAITH in his chin right now, not until I see him take a few hard shots, brush 'em off and keep moving forward. Stick to your game plan Georges, stick to it!!!!!!!
I'm gonna agree with you. I'm the exact opposite (BJ Penn fan) and I think that St. Pierre's only chance is to score some takedownsand have effective GnP. He's not gonna knock BJ out, nor will he sub him.

To be honest though... I'm hoping they slug it out for 5 rounds.
happy.gif

Prediction: Penn via 3rd round TKO.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I consider myself a HUGE GSP fan, but I can honestly say I have NO FAITH in his chin right now, not until I see him take a few hard shots, brush 'em off and keep moving forward. Stick to your game plan Georges, stick to it!!!!!!!
whys that? dude's never been knocked out, yeah he took that temple shot from matt serra but that was ridiculously close to the back of hishead, plus he took a couple of clean shots from john fitch and didnt flinch at all

other than that serra shot, i dont think he's even been close to being knocked out, he even ate a lot of BJ's punches in their first fight, they justwore out his face but nothing close to knocking him out, BJ does have heavy hands though

Its tough for me cause I really like both fighters a lot, although I am rooting for BJ on this one (for what its worth, my girl is a big GSP fan and hopes thatI'm eating my crow on Saturday). I still think the X factor in this fight is the same X factor for every BJ fight. His conditioning.

For you gambling folks out there (I only do NFL and MMA, so I'm particularly amped about this weekend) if more money is laid on GSP and the odds move to+150 I dont know how you can pass up betting on BJ. At 1.5 to 1 return I think its an excellent value bet even if you arent a BJ Penn fan. That being said,I'm holding off on putting my money down until after the weigh ins. If BJ comes in with his body as fat as his head, my money is staying in my pocket. Ifyou see the new and improved leaner cut up BJ that we've seen in the last few fights then $500 straight on BJ, I'm buying myself a new recliner withthat money
smile.gif

Oh and Demon... I hate you. I've seen your picks posted on this thread over the last year or so and I feel that you know your stuff. I was all gangbustersabout putting a few hundy on Machida as a gimme, but when I saw Thiago Silva bolded on your predictions, something just clicked in my head (I think its calleddoubt). I usually trust my hunches, and I got that funny feeling that Thiago may pull of the upset. If Machida wins Im gonna be bitter that I let that doubtslip into my head hahaha.

MAIN CARD
Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. lightweight champ B.J. Penn(for welterweight title)
Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

PRELIMINARY CARD
Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
John Howard vs. Chris Wilson - dont know either, hard to say.
Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

Cant wait. I got my Bj penn 94 corner shirt ready!! LETS GO WAR BJ!TEAM HAWAII! & MACHIDA!!.Don't count Braddah BJ out..........
800157ef3b1c7534875a0a321094915c4f05d42.pjpg

I'm so psyched for BJ GSP.

MAIN CARD
Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. lightweight champ B.J. Penn(for welterweight title)
Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

A lil late but I just got back from Cali and figured maybe a few would appreciate the pics..

Stayed in the hotel across the street from the Honda Center and actually had breakfast with Josh Barnetts parents..his dad started chattin with me because of ashirt I had on...awesome guy. The weigh ins were sick and pretty much everyone was there taking pics etc, Tim Silvia must have taken a picture with every fanwho asked for about two hours straight and was a very chill guy hanging around and talking to everyone (said his next fight might be March against Shamrock
eyes.gif
)

These are just a few of the shots that I snapped at the event....some of the ppl in attendance were Uno / Randleman / Royce / Marco Ruas / Big Nog / Mir /Jardine / Ron Jeremy lol.

352638028.jpg

352637985.jpg

Bad Lighting ..but Big Nog after his bro won..
352637885.jpg

352637621.jpg

352637602.jpg

352637576.jpg

352637551.jpg

352637508.jpg

352637230.jpg
352637373.jpg
352637284.jpg

352637423.jpg

352637313.jpg

^^ damn homie you had nice seats

MAIN CARD

* Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. lightweight champ B.J. Penn (for welterweight title)
* Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
* Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
* Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
* Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
* Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
* John Howard vs. Chris Wilson
* Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
* Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

Oh and Demon... I hate you. I've seen your picks posted on this thread over the last year or so and I feel that you know your stuff. I was all gangbusters about putting a few hundy on Machida as a gimme, but when I saw Thiago Silva bolded on your predictions, something just clicked in my head (I think its called doubt). I usually trust my hunches, and I got that funny feeling that Thiago may pull of the upset. If Machida wins Im gonna be bitter that I let that doubt slip into my head hahaha.

The only type of fighter that has a chance against Machida's style is a balls-to-the-wall fighter who will continue to stalk him semi-recklessly andwon't fold easily. Machida has yet to fight someone as agressive as Silva. If Silva can put the pressure on Machida and have him 'eluding'(running) the entire fight, I easily see him pulling out a UD. It might not be entertaining, but that falls back on Lyoto more than Thiago. I have yet to beentertained in anyway by any of Lyoto's fights.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

to the back of his head, plus he took a couple of clean shots from john fitch and didnt flinch at all

other than that serra shot, i dont think he's even been close to being knocked out, he even ate a lot of BJ's punches in their first fight, they just wore out his face but nothing close to knocking him out, BJ does have heavy hands though

He won't be subbed, his conditioning is too good to get beat by a decision, the only way I see him losing is by KO/TKO. After that Serra, it seems likehe's become a lil' more gun-shy then he had been in the past. He wa able to stand with Hughes, Fitch & Koscheck because he knew his striking was ona different level than them. If he can pull off the win this weekend, I have all the faith in the world he can give The Spider his first taste of defeat in theoctagon.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom