Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I actually think Thiago has a real good chance of taking the fight tonight, but I'm hoping Rashad gets the win so Page can lay his @#@ out later.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by New Wu

Overeem is a beast. Top 3 HW in the world

thumbsdown.jpg

He wouldn't even be top 3 in the UFC.

Hell, there are LHW's that can whoop him.
you're insane if you think any LHW can compete with overeem right now.
sick.gif

^yea that's definitely not happening, one knee from Overeem is light's out. If Overeem isn't on roids (which he probably is) and decides to cometo the states, he'd be a tough match for any UFC or Strikeforce heavyweight. I wouldn't put him in my top 5, but his standup is crisp, and he can putany heavyweight in the ER if he lands the right shot, those knees are vicious man.

gomi may not be in his prime anymore, but when it comes to the LW division, its pretty clear that theres a huge difference between BJ penn and everyone else

and when it comes to everyone else, no one is that much better than gomi

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

gomi may not be in his prime anymore, but when it comes to the LW division, its pretty clear that theres a huge difference between BJ penn and everyone else

and when it comes to everyone else, no one is that much better than gomi

I would prob put Gomi at 4 or 5 in the UFC.

Originally Posted by rtz13

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Overeem is a beast. Top 3 HW in the world

thumbsdown.jpg

He wouldn't even be top 3 in the UFC.

Hell, there are LHW's that can whoop him.
you're insane if you think any LHW can compete with overeem right now.
sick.gif
Overeem would be no where near as big as he is now if he did go to LHW.

The statement implied that a LHW would go up to fight him, no way Overeem is making 205.
roll.gif

The statement implied that a LHW would go up to fight him, no way Overeem is making 205.
roll.gif

Exactly. No one said it would be LHW vs LHW.
glasses.gif

Overreem would be top 5 in the ufc

will watch tonight
got rashad winning,
want yvel and munoz to win

roll.gif

glasses.gif

I mean, no LHW would be stupid enough to fight Overeem at heavyweight so that's how I took it.

I agree with Bas though about Overeem not being Top 3 in the UFC. I wouldn't pick him over Brock, Mir, Nog, Cain, Dos Santos, or Carwin right especiallyin the UFC if he fought in a cage.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

roll.gif

glasses.gif

I mean, no LHW would be stupid enough to fight Overeem at heavyweight so that's how I took it.

I agree with Bas though about Overeem not being Top 3 in the UFC. I wouldn't pick him over Brock, Mir, Nog, Cain, Dos Santos, or Carwin right especially in the UFC if he fought in a cage.

indifferent.gif
@Cain, Dos Santos, and Carwin

eyes.gif
@Nog

roll.gif

glasses.gif

I agree with Bas though about Overeem not being Top 3 in the UFC. I wouldn't pick him over Brock, Mir, Nog, Cain, Dos Santos, or Carwin right especially in the UFC if he fought in a cage.

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
@Nog

Can someone please tell me who the hell Overeem has fought? Enlighten me please. Cain can take him down, Dos Santos is a giant in his own right, and Carwinis still a great wrestler with a lot of power in his hands. So what's so
indifferent.gif
about that?

And a
eyes.gif
for Nog? How old are you, have you even seen a Nog fightoutside the UFC? The only poor outing he had was against Mir and he was hurt coming into that fight.
I guess wins against great fighters like Fujita, Thompson, Tony Sylvester (who in the hell is that?), over the hill Mark Hunt, etc. He hasn'tfought anybody worth noting since Sergei almost knocked him out of the ropes. The biggest win for Alistair was avenged and it wasn't even in MMA.

roll.gif

glasses.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
@Nog

Can someone please tell me who the hell Overeem has fought? Enlighten me please. Cain can take him down, Dos Santos is a giant in his own right, and Carwin is still a great wrestler with a lot of power in his hands. So what's so
indifferent.gif
about that?

And a
eyes.gif
for Nog? How old are you, have you even seen a Nog fight outside the UFC? The only poor outing he had was against Mir and he was hurt coming into that fight.

Overeem would KO Dos Santos, and is all around better than Cain and Carwin.

How in the hell is he better all around then Cain and Carwin, when Cain and Carwin are the ones with a much better ground game then Alistair and they bothcan stand and bang? Carwin probably has some of the heaviest hands in MMA.

And Dos Santos is a lot more well rounded then Alistair, and ain't no damn way Alistair is pushing someone as big as Cigano around.

And I don't know how to embed but the Shinya fight is on youtube:

If Dos Santos and Overeem stand and bang Junior is going down. He has good gnp and could prob rock Cain with knees like Kongo did with his fists. Carwin isvery untested other than GG and still has alot to prove. Mir will most likely smash him, imo.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i know someone got the stream..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

who is yalls picks for tonight??

Evans by KO, all though I hate to say it. I don't like either of the fighters.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom