Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

yes, he was awesome at improvising a fake fight
He was actually pretty bad at fake fighting...but he is very athletic, and is a proven collegiate wrestler.

I hope they can still work something out with Gomi...one of my top 5 favorite fighters.

His strength and power from dat league

its not a league. it's akin to a traveling show like the circus.
yes, he was awesome at improvising a fake fight
He was actually pretty bad at fake fighting.

sar·casm
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈsɑr
thinsp.png
kæz
thinsp.png
əm/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uh
thinsp.png
m
]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

-noun [table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]harsh or bitter derision or irony.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark[/td] [/tr][/table]

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Tim Sylvia (for interim heavyweight title)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Alan Belcher
Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)
Tyson Griffin vs. Gleison Tibau
Kyle Bradley vs. Chris Lytle
Marvin Eastman vs. Terry Martin
Tim Boetsch VS. David Heath
Rob Emerson vs. Keita Nakamura

yes^

According to a Sports Illustrated interview, UFC Officials are telling Chuck his next fight will be with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua:

Possibly Mauricia "Shogun" Hua. That's what they're saying. If it's the June fight, it will probably be in London. But my trainer is trying to get it moved to Vegas. Too far.

THETAKEDOWN BREAKDOWN: Thank god we won't have to see Chuck/Jardine II. This is Shogun's only shot to prove himself as the #1 Lightheavyweight fighter in the world. If he beats Chuck he erases his loss to Forrest Griffin and immediately sets himself up for a title shot. I can only hope Shogun pulls it off because the last thing any true MMA fan wants to see is Rampage knock out Chuck Liddell again...unless your putting it on Spike TV for free.
http://mmatakedown.blogspot.com/2008/01/mauricio-shogun-rua-up-next-for-chuck.html

From what I saw on the UFC 81 preview, I'm not impressed with Lesnar at all. Sure he was a great collegiate wrestler, but the MMA fighter of today needs tobe well rounded. We'll see what happens tomorrow night, though.

^ yeah from what they showed, his hand speed was very slow. You never know though, most MMA fighters started as Wrestlers. Anyway...I wonder what'sLesnar's reach, his arms are massive.

img2293nq5.jpg

img2292vl1.jpg

Mir looks like he's in DECENT shape, he'll definitely test Brock for sure

I still say Mir by Sub rd. 2, and Brock's tat is just as awful as I remember it on K-1

From what I saw on the UFC 81 preview, I'm not impressed with Lesnar at all. Sure he was a great collegiate wrestler, but the MMA fighter of today needs to be well rounded. We'll see what happens tomorrow night, though.
GNP also looked weak as hell, his posture was laughable

I hope Shogun can get revenge for his former team partner Wandy. If Rampage beats Forrest and Shogun beats Chuck, do we get a Rampage vs. Shogun? Does beatingChuck get Shogun a title shot or does he have to do more?

Frank Mir looks like he's been training HARD. Dude won't be playing around.

And that tattoo that Brock got
sick.gif
I think that might be theugliest tattoo ever.

Why is everyone so quick to dismiss Lesnar, though? I'm not an avid, all-knowing MMA fan by any means, but I'm not a casual,OMG-CHUCK-LIDDELL-IS-THE-BEST-EVER fan either. Brock is a big dude, was an NCAA wrestler, has good conditioning, strong as an ox... I don't expect him towin, but I think the fight could be a lot better/closer than people are making it out to be. Mir's ju-jitsu could be the reason it could get ugly on theground.

Originally Posted by Jimmylimmy

From what I saw on the UFC 81 preview, I'm not impressed with Lesnar at all. Sure he was a great collegiate wrestler, but the MMA fighter of today needs to be well rounded. We'll see what happens tomorrow night, though.

There's a good amount of one trick ponies in MMA.

Back
Top Bottom