Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Cain
eek.gif

The boys from AKA are pretty good strikers.
pimp.gif

Cain + JDS =
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Crazy match

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

For those that wanna know about the Undertaker story...here is the video
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

mc hammer in the background lurking trying to get air-time

Do to our IT department cracking down on non-work related web sites, I have not been able to post as frequently in this thread as I'd like to.

But everytime I come thru here, I still see the same characters spewing garbage about their "MMA knowledge" and making such bold predictions on a fight they have a 50/50 chance on. So much LOL on every page.

Glad to see the ORIGINAL guys still posting in here i.e. Mojo, MayhemMonkey, HDM etc.

Some of you others gotta lay of the Sherdog'ing and soak up some real MMA info.

BTW, for what it's worth, I had Cain winning by TKO in the 2nd. "Viva La Raza"
smile.gif

i want to see brock fight kongo now, even though it's highly unlikely.  that'll force him to work on his standup defense and we'll see how strong his chin is.  he got dropped by carwin but carwin drops everybody.  velasquez clipped him a few times and he was on wobbly legs.  
it'll be interesting to see if velasquez will stand with jds.  his boxing has improved a ton since he was getting dropped by kongo.  jds better work on that cardio, he was worn out from using nelson as a punching bag last fight.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Kongo?!?!?! Brock would finish Kongo in under 2 minutes...that wouldn't be a challenge.
Kill two birds with one stone. UFC can hype this up by telling people Kongo is a "feared striker" and we finally get to see Kongo get his walking papers. Brock/Gonzaga can be good too to market.

^
exactly.  the 2 scenarios would be you see kongo chin-check brock a few times like he did to velasquez and we get to see how he'll react to it or brock totally destroys kongo and the ufc can cut the dirtiest fighter they have.

kongo's actually been the champ's toughest fight so far and he couldn't finish him.

Just watched the fight again, did anyone notice how Cain hit Brock in the back of the head on the second drop?

Not sure I see Brock fighting the gatekeepers already, he's very much still in the mix. Is the Carwin/Nelson fight a number 1 contender fight? Because it shouldn't.

He should fight the winner of Nelson v. Carwin who should then go on and fight the winner of JDS vs Cain
imo....

Shaub called out Mir and Frank said he wasn't in the title mix after the CroCop win so they aren't really factors.

Just looking at the HW's in the UFC, after Brock losing the division looks paper thin compared to Strikeforce where that's their deepest.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Just watched the fight again, did anyone notice how Cain hit Brock in the back of the head on the second drop?

It wasn't illegal though.  Brock was turning as Cain threw it.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Not sure I see Brock fighting the gatekeepers already, he's very much still in the mix. Is the Carwin/Nelson fight a number 1 contender fight? Because it shouldn't.

He should fight the winner of Nelson v. Carwin who should then go on and fight the winner of JDS vs Cain
imo....

Shaub called out Mir and Frank said he wasn't in the title mix after the CroCop win so they aren't really factors.

Just looking at the HW's in the UFC, after Brock losing the division looks paper thin compared to Strikeforce where that's their deepest.
I agree.

I mean Cain did expose a glaring weakness (one most people were aware of) in Brock's game, but 1 loss does not mean he was overrated/washed up/or anything close.  I still think that Brock is a championship caliber HW and you cant be watering down Brock as a fighter or Brock as a brand by relegating him to fighting middling gatekeepers.

Best way for the UFC to utilize Brock (IMO) is to let him rest up, get healed, continue to work on his striking, and let him rematch with Carwin after Carwin thumps on Mr. Bellyjitsu.  That is a very sellable and intriguing main event type of fight.

As far as the HW division is concerned.... boy did I grossly underestimate Velasquez.  I always thought he was a top 5 HW (Brock, Fedor, Cain, JDS, Overeem not in any particular order) but looks like hes closer to the top of the 5 than the bottom.

I've been actively riding the JDS bandwagon ever since he made his UFC debut, and I may even have said some outlandish things in this thread about how I can see JDS having a shot at beating Brock (gotta root for my dude).  But damn... He better come in in tip top shape and his striking needs to be on point if he wants any shot of taking the belt from Cain. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

imo....

I agree.

I mean Cain did expose a glaring weakness (one most people were aware of) in Brock's game, but 1 loss does not mean he was overrated/washed up/or anything close.  I still think that Brock is a championship caliber HW and you cant be watering down Brock as a fighter or Brock as a brand by relegating him to fighting middling gatekeepers.

Best way for the UFC to utilize Brock (IMO) is to let him rest up, get healed, continue to work on his striking, and let him rematch with Carwin after Carwin thumps on Mr. Bellyjitsu.  That is a very sellable and intriguing main event type of fight.

As far as the HW division is concerned.... boy did I grossly underestimate Velasquez.  I always thought he was a top 5 HW (Brock, Fedor, Cain, JDS, Overeem not in any particular order) but looks like hes closer to the top of the 5 than the bottom.

I've been actively riding the JDS bandwagon ever since he made his UFC debut, and I may even have said some outlandish things in this thread about how I can see JDS having a shot at beating Brock (gotta root for my dude).  But damn... He better come in in tip top shape and his striking needs to be on point if he wants any shot of taking the belt from Cain. 

Yeah I was never totally sold on Cain like I am on JDS...Cain's demeanor is intriguing...Its Fedor-like but less commie.  Those AKA guys have been saying for years he's the biggest perfectionist in the camp and I believe it now.

Funny how within a year Fedor can lose his mysticism and Brock can look human...If I'm Dana White I'm ignoring M1 Global forever and putting all my energy toward giving that "he can $+%+%@% do sambo every thursday if he wants to" contract to Ubereem with a K1 clause instead because everyone is terrified to fight him in SF.

If Nelson/Carwin is for #1 contender that'd be hilarious since Nelson/JDS fought for #1 contender already. That would mean Nelson gets two title shots in a row.

I think it would make sense for:

Winner of Nelson/Carwin gets winner of Mir/Brock and then the winner of that= #1 contender. Even though Mir won his last fight.. oh well.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Winner of Nelson/Carwin gets winner of Mir/Brock and then the winner of that= #1 contender. Even though Mir won his last fight.. oh well.
This would be best since Nelson and Carwin are both coming of loses they shouldn't get title shots just yet

I would say it looks like Brock and Carwin are gonna fight again. Carwin better hit the treadmill longer

Don't know where all this talk about the Carwin/Nelson winner getting a title shot came from. Absolutely NOT true.

Doesn't matter anyways, Carwin is injured and out of the fight.

If you give Brock a contender and Brock losses where would that put the Heavyweight division? If Brock fights Nelson/Carwin/Mir off the bat Nelson would've lost X amount in a row, Carwin would've lost to the same guy twice, Mir would've lost to the same guy three times, or Brock would lose and you couldn't milk your cow. Give him a Kongo/Gonzaga first then have him fight those guys again.

So who replaces Carwin? Nog?

How will the #1 contender spot be decided then demonbasketball since you seem to be omniscient. Not sure how you take yourself that seriously on the internet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

If you give Brock a contender and Brock losses where would that put the Heavyweight division? If Brock fights Nelson/Carwin/Mir off the bat Nelson would've lost X amount in a row, Carwin would've lost to the same guy twice, Mir would've lost to the same guy three times, or Brock would lose and you couldn't milk your cow. Give him a Kongo/Gonzaga first then have him fight those guys again.
good point.

i guess from a business sense, this makes more sense.  You could have Brock fight any tomato can and they can still sell that PPV.  Also since Brock is kind of a fickle dude who marches to his own beat, he may up and retire if he got handed 2 decisive losses in a row.  Cant kill the golden goose.

they should make the WEC weightclasses like Bushido was.
the WEC events were always great to watch because almost every fight was full of action and free.

while most of the recent ufc events have had lackluster cards with disappointing fights.

Thank God

The lightweight division needed new blood. Aldo should be joining that division any moment now as well.

Awesome news, it really didn't make sense for them to be separate anyway
laugh.gif

WEC has put on much more entertaining cards than UFC recently

Back
Top Bottom