Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Edgar vs Aldo would be a GREAT match-up. That said, Edgar's speed will be negated by Aldo's. It's a toss-up to me.
Nahhh
laugh.gif
Frankie will get eaten up by Aldo. Two or three leg kicks from Jose, and Frankie will be unable to shoot or bounce around like he normally does. Edgar's entire game plan is to win by decision every time, and there's no way he's scoring more points than Aldo. I really don't see Edgar beating Bully, so I doubt this fight will even take place.

Aldo vs. Maynard will be
pimp.gif
though.

Frankie's "entire game plan" is not to win by decision every time. He does not lay and pray. He stands in the pocket and throws. He just happens to have incredible foot and head movement.

And he is an undersized LW. So he may not have knockout power for his weight class. Against a smaller Aldo, that might be different.

You think Aldo/Maynard would be better than Aldo/Edgar?

There is so much wrong here......

Frankie will get eaten up by Aldo? I love these types that are so CERTAIN a fight will go a certain way. When it rarely does.

I'm leave the predictions to the fortune tellers though. Just give me the great matchups, and great fights, and I'll let them play themselves out.

Aldo/Edgar would be somewhere near the top that list.

had to gravedig a little to revive this.

less than week away from the next event and no buzz at all? i mean, the card is pretty crappy but atleast the ME should give us some insight as to who the next in line is for the 185 strap.

UFC 122 is like a Fight Night. UFC 123 is what I am waiting for and UFC 124 for GSP vs. KOS & Alves vs. Howard. UFC 125 & 126 are
eek.gif

If fact, Fight for the Troops 2 > 122

Faber said the cut was a little tough but he looks in great shape. Can't wait for this fight. Mizugaki always brings it.

MAIN CARD
  • Urijah Faber vs. Takeya Mizugaki
  • Chad Mendes vs. Javier Vazquez
  • Erik Koch vs. Francisco Rivera
  • Joseph Benavidez vs. Wagnney Fabiano
  • Demetrious Johnson vs. Damacio Page
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Raphael Assuncao vs. L.C. Davis
  • Edward Faaloloto vs. Anthony Njokuani
  • Zack Micklewright vs. Dustin Poirier
  • Clint Godfrey vs. Michael McDonald
  • Yves Jabouin vs. Brandon Visher
  • Mackens Semerzier vs. Cub Swanson
I hope they show Jabouin/Visher and Assuncao/Davis on TV. I remember seeing Visher once and he was throwing bombs and Jabouin is extremely fun to watch. Assuncao/Davis should be a good scrap against some underrated guys in the division. Watch out for Demetrious Johnson too. If/when the UFC gets a 125 weight class, I fully expect him and Benavidez to be fighting for a title, hopefully against each other.

i Got Mizugaki and Mendes for WEC.

UFC i got Okami.

TUF, Nam ftw.

Uriah looks ready to go...gonna be a great fight, Miz brings the heat forsure.

...looks like some good matchups tonite...can't wait till final match...

White/Zuffa tryin to control the MMA world...

Wattup Mayhem, Monopoly & all.....its been a while my dudes.... By the way i would like to see Torres vs. Faber...also, i would love to see Faber vs. Cruz II....what about Cubs performance tonight? pretty impressive.... is everyone ready for this week in germany(UFC 122) and next week in Detroit(UFC 123)??? UFC 122 okami vs. Marquardt: i got Marquardt by decision.. i would want to see Okami Vs. Silva II tho....Im def looking forward to G-sot Vs. J-Lau @ UFC 123....everyone seems to under-estimate JLau, i wouldn't count him out...it's going to be a good one though Rampage Vs. Machida tough call for me...I know theres alot of BJ hate everywhere...but i been keepin contact with Team Penn/RVCA Pedro Carrasco and BJ is on the DL...so thats good to hear hes training and focusing more..Still his number #1 fan always supporting Uncle BJ...but i wouldn't count Hughes out..this is going to be a great rubber match...this is def better than Penn Vs. Florian II but, Florian turned down the fight....also, Aldo turned down a fight with Florian. Aldo camp requested a fight with Frankie Edgar fr his first UFC bout which would also be his first move to light-weight but the UFC declined it...Anyways whats your guys picks for the Next 2 events?

UFC 122
Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Yushin Okami
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic
Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Rob Kimmons
Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexandre Ferreira
Welterweight bout: Pascal Krauss vs. Mark Scanlon
Welterweight bout: Duane Ludwig vs. Nick Osipczak
Light Heavyweight bout: Seth Petruzelli vs. Karlos Vemola
Welterweight bout: Kris McCray vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha

UFC 123
Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Lyoto Machida
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn
Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcão
Light Heavyweight bout: Phil Davis vs. Tim Boetsch
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon
Spike TV card
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Brian Foster[1]
Middleweight bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Mark Muñoz
Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs. Dennis Hallman
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. T.J. O'Brien
Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Nik Lentz

Okami looks much thicker. Thats scary because he is already strong as hell. Hope he thumps Nate. I cannot stand Marquardt. His fighting style really does nothing to make me want to watch.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by chino905

Lets go Faber!

Does Vs show replays?

I totally forgot Faber was fighting last nite...
30t6p3b.gif
i also forgot about the wec event.  you seem to be a big fan of faber.  probably one of his few fans in this thread.

BREAKING NEWS: MMAjunkie.com has confirmed with UFC officials that an illness has forced Alessio Sakara out of his co-main-event bout with Jorge Rivera.

Back
Top Bottom