Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

I'm gonna give it to the guy who won the fight.
Wack. Way to bypass the question. This isn't Pride. It's round by round... It's clear who won the 2nd (Rampage) and who won the 3rd (Machida). Who would you give the first round to? The guy trying to engage or the guy moving backwards? Please tell me you're still not believing in this whole Machida is elusive crap. You wanna know where Machida is when people try to engage with him? Five feet back. That's why you can't hit him.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Did you guys see Edson Barboza.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Dude' leg kicks are nasty. On wikipedia it says he is a black belt in Muay Thai, does anyone know how his ground game is?

Sorry, I'm not about to get into a huge argument over something like this.

I felt like Machida won the 1st and 3rd rounds, if you feel differently that's fine.

Congrats to Rampage, looking forward to the rematch.

I had Rampage winning the first 2 rounds. 3rd was all Machida. But of course, 2 > 1. So Rampage wins.

I see a couple of you dudes referencing how fights were scored in Pride.

Can one of you more "seasoned" MMA dudes school me on how fights were scored in Pride and how it's different from the UFC's scoring system?

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Dude' leg kicks are nasty. On wikipedia it says he is a black belt in Muay Thai, does anyone know how his ground game is?
All I is know he trains at Hermes Franca's gym. From what I heard his stand up is LIGHT YEARS from his ground but it's serviceable.

I felt like Machida won the 1st and 3rd rounds.

If you feel differently, that's fine.

It's not a "huge argument". It's an internet message board, that is the point of all this is to see other people's viewpoints. All I wanna know is how you can give it to the guy back peddling the whole compared to the guy actually trying to engage? Machida isn't elusive. It seems the judges finally realize that.

Can one of you more "seasoned" MMA dudes school me on how fights were scored in Pride and how it's different from the UFC's scoring system?

No ten point system. Judges just choose a winner at the end of the fight. It's also based on a different criteria compared to the UFC. Pride wants fights finished. And it's more friendly to guys on their backs.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
All I is know he trains at Hermes Franca's gym. From what I heard his stand up is LIGHT YEARS from his ground but it's serviceable.

I felt like Machida won the 1st and 3rd rounds.

If you feel differently, that's fine.

It's not a "huge argument". It's an internet message board, that is the point of all this is to see other people's viewpoints. All I wanna know is how you can give it to the guy back peddling the whole compared to the guy actually trying to engage? Machida isn't elusive. It seems the judges finally realize that.

Thank you I honestly think Rampage thought Machida won because the last round he was getting beat. But as a round to round judging, i felt he deserved round 1 for being aggressive and Octagon control and Round 2 for the same reason. People keep thinking that if you win 1 round convincingly you win the whole fight. If Machida wasn't so scared and did what he did in the last round though out the whole fight he would of won simple as that.

This is the judging criteria for Pride.
the effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission
damage given to the opponent
standing combinations and ground control
takedowns and takedown defense
aggressiveness
weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10 kg/22 lb or more)

1st RD was very close. While 2nd went to Rampage, and 3rd went to Machida. Both can fight soon since no one really got hurt.
They should make Fitch vs. Penn

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

there are no belt systems in Muay Thai
laugh.gif

but yes, Edzon Barboza looked very impressive in his debut.

Pat Barry-like leg kicks, geesh.

Just read mma junkie score cards. They gave the first and 3rd to Machida. Call me crazy but I would award effort to fight with rampage then be "elusive" with hitting and running with Machida.

Honestly im glad the first round went to Rampage after chasing Machida around the ring....dodging and running are not the same thing

Originally Posted by Club29

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Chute Boxe and some other gyms in Brazil give out belts for Muay Thai. So Chill 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Yup, some schools use a belt system. I'm pretty sure Fairtex uses a belt system too (at least some branches do). I know for sure Chute Boxe uses it. Schools use it as a ranking system and motivational factors.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

chill? I didnt say it in any sort of hostile fashion 
laugh.gif

why you so upset son?

Machida: loser of Jones/Bader? Phil Davis? Loser of Griffin/Franklin? Those are my top choices

Rampage: immediate title shot? winner of Jones/Bader? I would love for him to either get a title shot or fight winner of Jones/Bader

Please no immediate rematch of Page/Machida. Kinda boring........

Originally Posted by toine2983

like someone mentioned, no 10-point scoring system.
the fight as a whole is judged and not round by round.

the damage you caused is a big factor in how judges decide who won the fight.

Back
Top Bottom