Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

@SugaRashadEvans Pettis just did the most amazing move! Damn! These little dudes r raw!!

@JoshGrossESPN That kick was stupid brilliant. The timing to win the fight. The timing to pull it off.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Most amazing thing to me was he saw Henderson put his foot on the cage like he was gonna launch to superman punch and then it was like he just said "Oh really my man? Lemme see you do this."

Henderson let his guard down as he jumped off the wall too... He had NO CLUE what was coming.

too bad petis will never have a chance to do that with maynard sitting on top of his %%# for 25 mins
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by third

too bad petis will never have a chance to do that with maynard sitting on top of his %%# for 25 mins
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i was enjoying the fight, but the entire time i just kept thinking "maynards just gonna overpower both these guys"

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

...pettis was too cocky...fights were
grin.gif
Did this dude just say Pettis was too cocky after landing that ninja kick?
laugh.gif
And did you just say the fights were
grin.gif
?
laugh.gif
The main event alone made that whole card great. Some people just have to be different...

Just finished watching. WOW. I think I had the same reaction as everyone else. WEC always puts up better cards than the UFC. I hope the bigger cage doesn't change how these guys fight. Jesus christ.
eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
I still can't believe that Pettis kick.
eek.gif

I can't stop watching that ninja kick. 
laugh.gif
It's about 30 mins since I've watched it and I'm still looking like Faber in the background when that kick happened. 
laugh.gif

how the hell does henderson take care of varner & cerrone easily but can't beat pettis?
i guess he's better than i thought.  i'm not sure who would've won the decision if he didn't land that kick.

^ i thought that the kick at the end sealed the deal for Pettis. It was a close 5th round, but I had Henderson winning that 5th round just barely before that kick landed. I gained more respect for Pettis last night. I thought Bendo was going to finish him with a submission by round 3.

Originally Posted by shogun

how the hell does henderson take care of varner & cerrone easily but can't beat pettis?
i guess he's better than i thought.  i'm not sure who would've won the decision if he didn't land that kick.
Pettis is better than both of them right now. He's only 23, he's had a lot of room to grow since he came into the WEC. Very impressed before this with what he did to Roller.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

havent seen much of pettis, but from what i saw last night, i dont see how hes better than cerrone
His stand up is a lot better than Cerrone's. Cerrone has little head movement and pretty much comes at you like a zombie. Not to mention Pettis did a lot better off his back than Cerrone did against Henderson. He actually had Henderson in trouble a few times.

Damn Rashad Vs Shogun got moved from Abu Dahbi to New Jersey of all places in March for UFC 128
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im definitely gonna try to get tickets for that.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

havent seen much of pettis, but from what i saw last night, i dont see how hes better than cerrone
His stand up is a lot better than Cerrone's. Cerrone has little head movement and pretty much comes at you like a zombie. Not to mention Pettis did a lot better off his back than Cerrone did against Henderson. He actually had Henderson in trouble a few times.

yup, and i think Pettis is a little faster than Cerrone.

They should definitely set up Showtime vs. Smooth II

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Damn Rashad Vs Shogun got moved from Abu Dahbi to New Jersey of all places in March for UFC 128
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im definitely gonna try to get tickets for that.
Do you know how much UFC tickets go for? I might have get tickets too.

Back
Top Bottom