Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Damn Rashad Vs Shogun got moved from Abu Dahbi to New Jersey of all places in March for UFC 128
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im definitely gonna try to get tickets for that.
Do you know how much UFC tickets go for? I might have get tickets too.
Depends.... I have only been local to the events taken place in Boston and Montreal so those are the only ones I've looked at... Cheapest I saw for decent lower level tickets was around $200 on ebay... I don't think tickets have gone on sale for this yet though so the best option is to find out the date they release and cop them from TicketMaster at face value.

Damn Rashad Vs Shogun got moved from Abu Dahbi to New Jersey of all places in March for UFC 128
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For goods seats at this event are probably going to be $250+ 

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Depends.... I have only been local to the events taken place in Boston and Montreal so those are the only ones I've looked at... Cheapest I saw for decent lower level tickets was around $200 on ebay... I don't think tickets have gone on sale for this yet though so the best option is to find out the date they release and cop them from TicketMaster at face value.
thanks for the info. most ill drop is $250- $300 for tickets.. I just have to find some friends who are down to drop that amount also.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PrideFan

So Emelianenko is wanting to fight Antonio Silva -_- Fedor, I am dissapoint.
yep looks like the fight is happening in February for now. Even SF CEO Scott Coker wanted Fedor to fight Overeem.But I guess M-1 Global is trying to protect Fedor, or Fedor is trying to duck him
laugh.gif
. But the way i see it is that maybe this can set up the winner of Fedor/Silva gets the title shot against Overeem/Werdum.

yep looks like the fight is happening in February for now. Even SF CEO Scott Coker wanted Fedor to fight Overeem.But I guess M-1 Global is trying to protect Fedor, or Fedor is trying to duck him
laugh.gif
. But the way i see it is that maybe this can set up the winner of Fedor/Silva gets the title shot against Overeem/Werdum.

So would you want ur company to give a title fight to a person who just lost? I mean cmon Fedor is not ducking Overeem, its just the best match up possible, Big foot just came off a good win and if Fedor beats him he now its fair if he gets a title shot against Werdum or Overeem.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

laugh.gif

So would you want ur company to give a title fight to a person who just lost? I mean cmon Fedor is not ducking Overeem, its just the best match up possible, Big foot just came off a good win and if Fedor beats him he now its fair if he gets a title shot against Werdum or Overeem.
Strikeforce already did that with Rogers after he lost to Fedor, they gave him a title shot against Overeem. and its already stated that Coker wanted Fedor to fight Overeem in Jan.

My younger brother is actually going to be trained 1st hand with Anthony Pettis here in Milwaukee. Which is where Pettis is from. My brother see's him all the time where he trains now at Duke Roufous, which is where Pettis also trains. But Pettis is now opening his own gym which is where my brother will go to be trained by him. At least when he's in town.

I saw dude in person at one of my brothers jui-jitsu fights
Edit: Just found out Dukes and Pettis are trying to get his fight here in Milwaukee 
pimp.gif

For the record, this was my first live event. I've been to a few Rage In The Cage cards, but never been to a 'big show' like this. My anticipation of the event had been building since Dana made the announcement of coming to AZ many months back.

For those who don't follow MMA real closely you probably don't read up on the prelims, but for this event, the prelims were pretty dope. Lots of quick finishes, and one of the decisions was a potential FOTN candidate. Kept the crowd on their feet and brought a lot of excitement to the place.

The main card delivered in every way possible. I was sitting 9th row and was literally 2 feet from catching Showtime's mouthpiece when he threw it after the fight lol. The guy standing next to me was able to jump the barricade and snatch it up. For being the visiting fighter, Pettis got a lot of love from the crowd. His family was there and they were DEEP!! Great show of support for him.

Damn, even the after parties for the event were kick @ss!

Met and hung out with so many people involved with MMA, it was surreal. Took lots of pictures in the arena, so much so that my battery died a few minutes after midnight.

Ran into Danny Martinez in the concourse in between the prelim fights and chatted it up for a bit. I've been friends with one of his uncles for quite some time, before he had even signed to WEC. He took me and my boy along with him to meet Efrain Escudero at one the after parties, who then took us over to another place to meet up with none other the man himself, Cain Velasquez!

Was really upset that my camera was dead so I couldn't get a picture with him, but just being a few feet from him was enough for me. Crazy to think that a few weeks ago I was watching him tear through Brock, and then there he was chilling a few feet *******tting with Efrian and Danny.

Of course, my post wouldn't be complete without a few pics...

1024.jpg

^^Cool pics demonbasketball. Sounds like you had a great night. Can't wait until Pettis gets his titleshot against either Edgar or Maynard.

the woman is tracy lee.  she's an mma photographer, you've probably seen her cageside at events taking pics.  she works for that site combat lifestyle.
i'm not really excited for that so-called heavyweight tournament.  most of the stuff strikeforce plans ends up being a fail.  why is overeem in the tournament?  he's the champ and should face the tournament winner.

125 might not be stacked but its good.

and Overeem really could smash on fedor.
pimp.gif

his standup is insanely strong, enough to counter fedors submissions imo. 
dude is brolly

Yeah no Aldo killed it for me.

I just want to see Diaz really.

Can't stand either of the fighters in the main event. Their styles are like nails on a chalkboard.

UFC 125 looks good from pre-lims to main, shame the undercard won't be seen by most of the public.

Brown/Nunes, Baroni/Tavares, Roberts/Soto, Davis/Stephens, Guida/Gomi, Vera/Silva, Diaz/Kim, and Leben/Stann should all be fun.

The main event leaves something to be desired, but I'm excited to get this fight out of the way to see Pettis fight whomever wins.

Back
Top Bottom