Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I just read on Sherdog that Dave Meltzer reported Brock Lesnar wants out of UFC.
nerd.gif
. I wonder how true this report is though. here is the article.

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports/Wrestling Observer, Brock is currently looking for an "exit strategy" from the UFC.

Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Meltzer also mentioned that Brock hasn't trained a single day since the Velasquez fight nor he has returned any phone calls to Dana or Zuffa about upcoming matches.

Dave pointed out if Brock was motivated, he would be right back in the gym training and bringing in new coaches with the goal of beating Cain yet he isn't doing that. He's hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Everything is pointing towards Brock having one more fight and ending his contract. His head doesn't seem to be in the fighting game and it looks like it was just yet another successful business move.

SOURCE: Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online -- WWE, TNA, UFC and International Wrestling and MMA Headlines - Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online

Can we get a link to that article? If that's true, which actually is very feasible, then I'd be more than disappointed.

I liked Brock as a fighter and a personality. But I can't blame him really. 2 million dollars for one event where he probably won't even have to train hard for? Hard to turn down.

MMA was just like getting his convertible when he was going through his midlife crisis. It makes sense. He was lost in life and MMA offered him something spiritually.. now that he's right again and at peace, it's understandable that he would leave now.

I want Guida vicously K.O'd. If there really is a heavyweight tourney involvin those guys. Im DEF. Watching We could see Fedor vs Barnett at last. Or Fedor Rogers 2. Or Alistair vs Fedor. Or Fedor Arlovski 2

Originally Posted by AllRedJs

the perlims will be on ION channel at 6 PT

anybody kno which channel thats on, on directv & u-verse
It should be on your local OTA. It's the channel where PAX Tv used to be on.

Overeem vs. Duffee officially signed for Dream Dynamaite! card on December 31st.

Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub signed for UFC 128.

Im excited to see Gomi/Guida and Diaz/DHK. Those are the only fights im looking forward to for 125. I really want Guida to stand and bang for the majority of the fight so we get to see a great KO from Gomi...But knowing he trained at Jacksons camp he'll prob LnP Gomi into UD. I see DHK manhandling Diaz with his wrestling and grinding em out with good GnP for a Dec. but i believe Diaz has the better striking and has a very good chance subbing DHK. Could go either way.

Cannot wait for UFC 128 with the titlfight I have Rashad taking it! Also, it looks like Faber and Wineland is all but confirmed for the card as well.

I really hope the news of Brock going back to WWE does not come true and that he can fully recover by mid next year.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

wow...Schaub might end Cro Cop...

I sure hope Cop still has a good fight in him... Ill be going to this event and Cro been in my top 3 favorite fighters for years.  Would love to see him put on a good show. Ill go berserk if he scores a Left head kick KO.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

This is a great weekend for MMA
It really is. I'm going to try to catch all of the events. Pretty hyped about it. Just sucks that I don't have HDNet or ION TV.

And Chuck Liddell retired yesterday at the press conference. It's about time..

i don't think overeem would destroy fedor like some of you are saying.
what top heavyweights has overeem beaten in mma?  we all know he's a beast and is dominating now in K-1 but he still has to beat people in the cage.  we need matchups and results.  he's beaten bret rogers but not anyone significant.

i want to see him defend his strikeforce belt and fight werdum, barnett, fedor.

Faber vs Wineland at UFC 128! I have no choice now but to go to that event... I gotta find out exactly when tickets go on sale.
pimp.gif

Wow I was really looking forward to the JDS vs Cain titlefight. Looks like JDS does not want to wait that long to fight, I could see him fighting Mir or maybe Schaub should he defeat Cro Cop.

UFC's HW Division isn't looking too good for now. Lesnar is hiding under a rock, Carwin injured, Cain injured, Big Nog injured, Roy Nelson having legal contract problems and not being able to fight.

^Time for the Skyscraper to schedule 3 more fights in 3 months and solidify his name while all the people who can kick his *%$ are injured.

doPe dreaM/k1 dynamite just started.

LLCoolMichael edit your post, Method Man said if anyone asks for links the thread will be closed.

I'm not too familiar with K-1/Dream, but while reading the results, i was 
eek.gif
eek.gif
at the following:
Dream Special Rules Bout
Shinya Aoki vs. Yuichiro Nagashima
Round 2

To begin the MMA round, Aoki dives for the double-leg takedown and Nagashima launches right into a crushing flying knee. Nagashima drops a number of hammerfists on Aoki, but he's completely out cold, so the blows are academic. The official time is four seconds.

In his post-fight address to the fans, Nagashima turns to Masato who is sitting ringside doing commentary for the Japanese PPV, "K-1 is strong, isn't it?" The implication here being that despite MMA fighters' well-roundedness, it would be a mistake for MMA fighters to look down on the otherwise one-dimensional K-1 fighters. It's a pretty dangerous one dimension.

Dream Interim Heavyweight Championship
Alistair Overeem vs. Todd Duffee

Alistair Overeem wants a third belt, bringing him to Dynamite this evening as he's got a chance to lock up the Dream (interim) heavyweight title. The VTR also makes mention of how the strongest man in 6,000,000,000 -- a nod to Pride's heavyweight grand prix of yore -- Fedor Emelianenko, lost earlier this year to Fabricio Werdum by triangle. As such, they posit Overeem as the strongest man in 7,000,000,000.

Their explanation of Duffee is interesting in that "he's a man with the fastest knockout in the UFC, and was somehow released by them."

Round 1
Duffee charges with big punches and Overeem ducks under them. Duffee tries to flurry in close, but Overeem moves his head just a tad to get out of the way. Then, Overeem laces Duffee with a big knee to the belly, followed by a crushing right and left hook. Duffee sits on his rear and falls asleep, slumping right out of the ring. Referee Moritaka Oshiro calls the bout immediately thereafter.

Your winner and new Dream interim heavyweight champion by way of knockout a mere 19 seconds into round one, Alistair Overeem.

On the microphone, Overeem plays to the crowd.

"Genki desu ka? ('How are you doing?') Thank you for coming to see my fight. This year, I won three world titles. Strikeforce, then K-1, and now Dream, and I promise you all that I'm going to keep giving you great fights! Arigato gozaimasu!"
pimp.gif
Overeem holding 3 World Heavyweight Titles.

Back
Top Bottom