Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'm on of the few Brandon Vera fans... give my man somebody thats willing to stand with him and he'll give them the business...

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

I'm on of the few Brandon Vera fans... give my man somebody thats willing to stand with him and he'll give them the business...

He's obviously not a complete fighter.  He should go to K-1 if he all he wants to do is stand.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

He's obviously not a complete fighter.  He should go to K-1 if he all he wants to do is stand.
so he can face the likes of Semmy schilt and Badr Hari? No thank you he should either take up the Leben role and go crazy every fight so it doesn't matter if u lose or retire.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

so he can face the likes of Semmy schilt and Badr Hari? No thank you he should either take up the Leben role and go crazy every fight so it doesn't matter if u lose or retire.
The difference to me is Leben has heart.  I've never seen that out of Vera.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I didn't watch last night, who got knockout of the night?

probably jeremy stephens

pimp.gif
 good for him

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

The difference to me is Leben has heart.  I've never seen that out of Vera.
True but Vera is still liked in my book mainly because of his ridiculous post fight interview that i cant fight
mad.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I hope GSP destroys Shields. This bum has done nothing to deserve a title shot.
SMH, I hope you are joking. If not I would love to hear why you believe that Jake is a bum and doesn't deserve a title shot. 
shields is far from a bum.  his standup is pure garbage but his grappling is top notch.  he's beaten a lot of top guys as well.  he's only in the welterweight division to fight gsp.  blame dana and joe silva for his title shot.  he should be at 185 instead and face a top contender like maia.
Ok, I may have been overstating things by calling him a bum.  However, I would venture to say he is not as good of a wrestler as Koscheck, and Koscheck couldn't do a thing against GSP.  Thus, I see GSP destroying Shields even worse than he did to Koscheck.
he's not an exciting fighter so i understand fans not liking him.  kos does have better wrestling credentials but wrestling in mma is all about how you apply it to your fighting style.  jake kept taking down hendo who is olympic level.  i do think gsp is too quick and will stuff most of his takedowns.
i read that jon jones didn't like thiago silva's un-sportmanslike bongo playing on vera.  jones versus silva would be great to watch.  silva wouldn't be able to showboat because jon would be bashing his face with elbows.  

SMH, I hope you are joking. If not I would love to hear why you believe that Jake is a bum and doesn't deserve a title shot. 
shields is far from a bum.  his standup is pure garbage but his grappling is top notch.  he's beaten a lot of top guys as well.  he's only in the welterweight division to fight gsp.  blame dana and joe silva for his title shot.  he should be at 185 instead and face a top contender like maia.
Ok, I may have been overstating things by calling him a bum.  However, I would venture to say he is not as good of a wrestler as Koscheck, and Koscheck couldn't do a thing against GSP.  Thus, I see GSP destroying Shields even worse than he did to Koscheck.
he's not an exciting fighter so i understand fans not liking him.  kos does have better wrestling credentials but wrestling in mma is all about how you apply it to your fighting style.  jake kept taking down hendo who is olympic level.  i do think gsp is too quick and will stuff most of his takedowns.
i read that jon jones didn't like thiago silva's un-sportmanslike bongo playing on vera.  jones versus silva would be great to watch.  silva wouldn't be able to showboat because jon would be bashing his face with elbows.  
I really think Jon Jones should mine his own business. Who appointed him the sportsmanship police  

i think it's ok for a fighter to talk about other fighters.  sportsmanship is welcomed even in mma.  they're in the same division so they'll meet up eventually.  thiago could end up doing the same thing to jones or maybe jones will humble silva a bit.  i didn't think it was a big deal but silva does seem like he has a bad attitude.  

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

I really think Jon Jones should mine his own business. Who appointed him the sportsmanship police  

PREACH.

Although, I think that $##! was wack and lame.
Yall do know he is a preachers kid and has openly admitted to snitching on people who have smoked weed when he was a child. Its all in his demeanor.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

PREACH.

Although, I think that $##! was wack and lame.
Yall do know he is a preachers kid and has openly admitted to snitching on people who have smoked weed when he was a child. Its all in his demeanor.
 Sorry nevermind

That's not his problem, he's got the striking and the ground game but just not any fighting IQ.

^^ (according to MMAbaY)
Here’s the list in full:

Champion Frankie Edgar: $102,000 (includes $51,000 win bonus)*
vs. Gray Maynard: $52,000 ($26,000 win bonus)*

Brian Stann: $42,000 ($21,000 win bonus)
def. Chris Leben: $46,000

Thiago Silva: $110,000 ($55,000 win bonus)
def. Brandon Vera: $60,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $70,000 ($35,000 win bonus)
def. Nate Diaz: $33,000

Clay Guida: $62,000 ($31,000 win bonus)
def. Takanori Gomi: $50,000

Jeremy Stephens: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus)
def. Marcus Davis: $31,000

Dustin Poirier: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Grispi: $15,000

Brad Tavares: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Phil Baroni: $25,000

Diego Nunes: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Brown: $23,000

Daniel Roberts: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
def. Greg Soto: $8000

Jacob Volkmann: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
def. Antonio McKee: $15,000

No one has mentioned the story of Chael Sonnen pleading guilty to money laundering in mortgage fraud case.....

No one has mentioned the story of Chael Sonnen pleading guilty to money laundering in mortgage fraud case.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I was about to post this. Sonnen is a trip, talks mad *@#@ about everyone but dude is a cheater and criminal. 

I don't think that will effect Chael's career though.

He's certainly a shady individual though
laugh.gif

Also Donald Cerrone has been added to UFC 126
pimp.gif

That card is
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I don't think that will effect Chael's career though.

He's certainly a shady individual though
laugh.gif

Also Donald Cerrone has been added to UFC 126
pimp.gif

That card is
eek.gif
Looks like it will because the UFC just suspended his +*# 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chael Sonnen pleaded guilty earlier today to one count of money laundering and will be sentenced in the case on 3/28.

Sonnen admitted before judge Michael Mosman that a financial transaction he conducted was designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud according to the U.S. Department of Justice's Oregon district.

Sonnen had dropped out of the race for a spot in the Oregon House of Representatives over the summer because of the pending charge.

The Department claimed Sonnen submitted a false letter and sales agreement instructing Decision One Mortgage to pay loan proceeds to a plumbing company for repairs to the home when Sonnen had negotiated and knew no repairs would be paid and the money was paid to the buyer as a cash incentive to close the deal.  The title company paid $69,000 to the plumbing company and the plumbing company in a scheme organized by Sonnen paid $65,000 to the buyer of the home according to a press release sent out by the government.

Sonnen is facing a maximum 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine. 

sonnen (R) is one of the most interesting characters in mma.  he lost the election but he reminds me of a politician when he's answering questions.

Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament
M-1 GLOBAL’S Fedor Emelianenko Joins Elite Heavyweights ForEight-Man Single Elimination Tournament:
STRIKEFORCE WORLD GRAND PRIX

–Heavyweight Tournament –

Quarterfinals Begin Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011;Live on SHOWTIME[emoji]174[/emoji] From IZOD Center, E. Rutherford, N.J.

STRIKEFORCE, M-1 GLOBAL in Association with Showtime Networks Inc. Sign New Multi-Fight Agreement To Co-Promote Events Headlined By Fedor

NEW YORK (Jan. 4, 2011) – World championship Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) promotions STRIKEFORCE and M-1 GLOBAL, in association with premium television network SHOWTIME have signed a new, multi-year agreement to co-promote events headlined by the MMA legend Fedor “The Last Emperor

Back
Top Bottom