Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Fedor and M-1 are going to pull something to screw this thing up. I just feel it
LOL. Not only Fedor but Overeem doesn't have a set date and Barnett can't pass a piss test.

Originally Posted by chino905

Bones vs. Thaigo would be
pimp.gif
. Bones 1st round TKO via Elbows.
you honestly believe this?

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I don't think that will effect Chael's career though.

He's certainly a shady individual though
laugh.gif

Also Donald Cerrone has been added to UFC 126
pimp.gif

That card is
eek.gif
Looks like it will because the UFC just suspended his +*# 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I meant big picture, he isn't going to prison, so if he "gets his priorities" in order, he should be good money again for Dana. Obviously short term he was going to have to suffer some sort of backlash whether it's a temporary suspension from the UFC or his probation interfering with travel arrangements... big picture this should just be a blip.

That heavyweight tourney is great for MMA.

I got Overeem winning it all.

(I'm bias since I'm a HUGE Overeem fan as well)

laugh.gif

Overeem is my favorite fighter hands down and I hate how Dana is dissing him. Saying he's not a true champ and isnt deserving of the ufc octagon. Who gives a s**t who he fights. You cant deny he's an incredible specimen. Excellent stand up, Good ground game, Strong and great cardio even though we dont see it. If he went up against any heavyweight he'd walk through them. Carwin, JDS etc.

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Overeem is my favorite fighter hands down and I hate how Dana is dissing him. Saying he's not a true champ and isnt deserving of the ufc octagon. Who gives a s**t who he fights. You cant deny he's an incredible specimen. Excellent stand up, Good ground game, Strong and great cardio even though we dont see it. If he went up against any heavyweight he'd walk through them. Carwin, JDS etc.
I was with you until you said he'd walk through any HW

Come on now.

...good decision to get a heavyweight tourney...if I can't catch it live it'll be on the dvr...hope the best fights are in the finals not the semis...like 4wrestling mentioned...

Dana's just mad.
Overeem doesn't want to be trapped in a UFC slave contract.

If Overeem beats Werdum, Fedor and then wins the tournament, where do you guys think he will be ranked in p4p heavyweight? #2? #1?

Shogun-Evans & Faber-Wineland confirmed for UFC 128, March 19
Light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will face off against Rashad Evans at UFC 128 on March 19.

Rua enters the bout off the back of his first-round stoppage of Lyoto Machida, while Evans has earned a shot after defeating Thiago Silva and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

"This is the light heavyweight title fight that everyone has been waiting to see," UFC president Dana White said. "With the main event and the other fights we're putting together, we're bringing another awesome card to New Jersey and I'm excited to get back to the East Coast."

On the same night, Urijah Faber and Eddie Wineland, two former WEC champions, will parade their talents in a bantamweight battle. Faber will be making his official UFC debut.

dana always talks crap about people who don't fight for him but he does a few valid points.  like i said before, his best wins the past couple of years are rogers and now duffee.  people view him as a can crusher because he doesn't fight guys who can challenge him.  speculating that he will run through the ufc roster doesn't mean anything.  we won't know how good he is until he fights werdum, barnett, and fedor.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Dana's just mad.
Overeem doesn't want to be trapped in a UFC slave contract.
That "slave" contract will actually get Overeem to fight. Non-exclusive contracts have been horrible for Strikeforce, especially in their heavyweight division.

But would he pass a drug test?  You always have to wonder that looking at him.  And maybe that's why he doesn't come to UFC.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

But would he pass a drug test?  You always have to wonder that looking at him.  And maybe that's why he doesn't come to UFC.
Why wouldnt he? Havent you seen him at 205? I would think someone who was once 205 could look like that if they just kept the weight on.

We all have our doubts of that much size and muscle on such a thin "Reem" back in the day. I saw an interview and he said just eat and train. And I honestly believe he would walk through anyone. if he fought Barnett fedor Cain whoever, I wouldnt doubt He'd come out the winner.

I'm going to try to cop tickets for Strikeforce on Feb 12 since it will be in NJ. I hope it's not too expensive. Don't wanna drop more than 120$ for a ticket.

2s987j8_medium.jpg

I would have done Fedor vs. Silva and Werdum vs. someone else on the same side so that if Fedor and Werdum both won, it would set up a re-match that Strikeforce can hype up and sell ppvs. and Then Overeem on the other side so he can meet the winner of Fedor/Werdum.

Originally Posted by BallRN23

CHECK THIS OUT: 

LMAO

(Don't call out the president of the US if you're a fighter)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Dude is an idiot though. He said the wanted to do body harm to the President with a deadly weapon, and he was on television at the time. Anyone could have told him that would have happened

396.jpg

Easy to forget about this thread since I mostly stay on Sherdog for MMA related stuff. But jeez I am amped, will be getting my SF and UFC tickets next week.

Only thing I dislike about the tourney is the bracket. %%++ with that nonsense.

Can't believe they

1. Matched Overreem with Werdum
2. Put Overeem in the same bracket as Fedor
3. Would have been nice had they made it possible for Fedor avenge his loss to Werdum before facing Overeem in the Final

But I guess they didn't want to risk them not facing each other. Meh.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Only thing I dislike about the tourney is the bracket. %%++ with that nonsense.

Can't believe they

1. Matched Overreem with Werdum
2. Put Overeem in the same bracket as Fedor
3. Would have been nice had they made it possible for Fedor avenge his loss to Werdum before facing Overeem in the Final

But I guess they didn't want to risk them not facing each other. Meh.
I hear what you're saying, but the reason I like this is if everything goes the way I'd like it...we will get Fedor/Overeem and then Fedor/Barnett. And pretty funny that Arlovski has already lost to 3 of the 8 competitors in the GP.

Back
Top Bottom