Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I would have preferred Mir and Lesnar. Those two would have been pure comedy. 
Dos Santos can barely speak English, I'm surprised they went with him. 

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Junior Dos Santos & Brock Lesnar were announced as the opposing coaches on the 13th season of The Ultimate Fighter.

WOW!!!

Just say this.

Definitely looking forward to this.
pimp.gif

brock seems like he would be a no nonsense, very tough coach.  probably make you carry boulders up the sand hills in the desert.  i'll be waiting for all the jokes about him coaching striking and spinning like a tornado when hit.

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Question: Why does brock get any kind of title fight or title contention fight after gettin destroyed?

Champions don't get rematches now?  It's not like he's getting an immediate rematch.  He still has to go through JDS which is a big if.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Originally Posted by quiickz

Why is 130 looking better than 129, when 129 is supposed to be the 'biggest UFC event'?
'
Same thing i was wondering.
Hopefully they can get Aldo on that card 

If Mark Hominick beats George Roop on 1/22, and isn't injured, he will face Jose Aldo Jr. for the featherweight title on 4/30 in Toronto according to Dana White.

If Roop wins, the title match is to be decided.

It's also important to note that UFC's deal on Spike is up at the end of this year. While they're likely in no danger of being dropped from the network, a strong season of ratings for TUF means more money in the new contract for UFC.

Even though Lesnar is a former champ, JDS deserves the next title shot. Lesnar lost badly and now he's fightin for another shot? That's just unfair to JDS. Yea champions deserve rematches but not in the lesnar fashion thats happening. It's highly unfair but ehh Lesnar vs Jds is a fight Ive been wondering about as well. So let em have at it.

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Even though Lesnar is a former champ, JDS deserves the next title shot. Lesnar lost badly and now he's fightin for another shot? That's just unfair to JDS. Yea champions deserve rematches but not in the lesnar fashion thats happening. It's highly unfair but ehh Lesnar vs Jds is a fight Ive been wondering about as well. So let em have at it.
Well what do you want Dana to do?

JDS was campaigning for a match with someone, as he doesn't want to wait around that long for Cain to heal. So Dana obliged.

Makes sense for fans and for the company. I'd much rather give Brock another crack at a title shot than Mir
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Bones/Bader have not proven more than Page has.
I'm a huge Rampage fan but he's gotta take a stool and sit on it for a hot minute. His last fight wasn't impressive and should have lost it and everyone in the MMA world/universe/galaxy knows it. He's painful to watch right now.

At least for Bones and Bader, they've been winning fights and are consistent, but Dana of course wants to build up and milk the hype on these two guys for $.

...and just to close the night: I hope the UFC cuts Leben soon (yes, I'm the biggest Leben hater you can find out there).

You are not a Rampage fan %#!!. His last fight wasn't impressive?? You mean having a game plan and implementing it against top 3 LHW? Who destroyed everyone until Shogun beat him? I could understand if you mean hes to much of a boxer and doesn't use leg kicks okay but  he did not lose that fight he won round 1 and 2 for pushing the pace and being aggressive, but got killed 3rd round. Also Leben should be cut?? There is no way hes going to be cut unless he loses 3 more in a row Dana loves Leben the guy puts everything on the line to entertain fans. Lastly Rampage kills Bader and beats Bones.
-Rampages last fight was not impressive at all. Most people think he lost, he moving forward all a abstract reason why he won the fight to me is BS. He won a close decision, thats fine, but he didn't look impressive. Page did zero damage to Machida. 
-The LHW situation is not looking very clear right now. But the winner of Bones v. Bader has to be next in line for a title shot. Why make your two best 205 prospects fight each other if not for a title shot. Every other 205 contender (Forrest, Rich, Page, Machida, Silva, Lil Nog) has yet to  put the wins together to warrant a title shot. 

-No way Leben is getting cut, no #$*%!@+ way. Leben is the 185 gate keeper and always comes to fight. And just imagine Leben v. Wand 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Add that fight to UFC 129 and watch people go nuts. Because there is no way I'm paying to see K-1 Jake Shields and George Safety First St. Pierre jab and dry hump one another for 25 mins. I'll pass
laugh.gif
if you think Jones/Bader winner should get a title shot. They've both been brought along very very slowly. They don't deserve a shot over Rampage especially if Page beats Silva.

Page would have beaten Machida and Silva, not to mention Wanderlei and Jardine.. all the while never getting a title shot after he lost it to Forrest. And the Machida/Page fight was close so it's not like it was the worst decision ever. Machida did not outright win that bout so I can't be mad at the decision.

Not sure what they'll do, but if they match winner of Jones/Bader against winner of Page/Silva, either Evans or Rua is going to be waiting around for a while. It'll be interesting to see what Dana thinks.
-There we go again with with someone using "
laugh.gif
". It doesn't make you look anymore right, just makes you sound smug. 
- The fact is that for the last two years both Bader and Bones have done just as much if not more is the division than Page and Silva. While "Being brought along slowly", Bones beat Vera, Bonnar and was jacking up Hamill until the DQ. And Bader beat Jardine and Lil Nog. In that same time period Page has only beaten Jardine and won the close decision against Machida. Silva beat Jardine and Vera. Bader has no losses in that time period, Bones only lost is the DQ. Where as Page has a clear decision lost and Silva lost twice. Plus in two extra wins for both Bader and Jones.  

-Silva was hurt, Page was acting but that they don't get credit for those things. 

-Having a winner of Jones/Bader fight Page/Silva would push the next LHW title fight all the way to the end of the year. I'm sorry but I only got to see shogun fight once last year so I'm looking forward to seeing him put in a full years work with 3 fights (if he wins his title defenses). 

-Sounds like you are giving Page and Silva extra credit based off of reputation. 

So you are comparing Brandon Vera who got cut, Stephen Bonnar who only has a job because of the TUF 1 fight and Hamill the gatekeeper to Machida?? Also you are comparing Bader's wins over Lil Nog ( who honestly is really good but Bader didn't truly impress me ) and beating Keith Jardine who got cut and lost in shark fights? Give Silva or Page any of Bader's or Jones opponents and it would be massacre. Watch the Silva vs Vera.. Also don't get me wrong I like Bader and Jones I was rooting for Bader to win TUF 8 and Jones to win his fights (besides Hamill) all im saying is that Silva would have a good chance against Bader and Jones while Page if he comes in inshape beats both convincingly.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Bones/Bader have not proven more than Page has.
I'm a huge Rampage fan but he's gotta take a stool and sit on it for a hot minute. His last fight wasn't impressive and should have lost it and everyone in the MMA world/universe/galaxy knows it. He's painful to watch right now.

At least for Bones and Bader, they've been winning fights and are consistent, but Dana of course wants to build up and milk the hype on these two guys for $.

...and just to close the night: I hope the UFC cuts Leben soon (yes, I'm the biggest Leben hater you can find out there).

You are not a Rampage fan %#!!. His last fight wasn't impressive?? You mean having a game plan and implementing it against top 3 LHW? Who destroyed everyone until Shogun beat him? I could understand if you mean hes to much of a boxer and doesn't use leg kicks okay but  he did not lose that fight he won round 1 and 2 for pushing the pace and being aggressive, but got killed 3rd round. Also Leben should be cut?? There is no way hes going to be cut unless he loses 3 more in a row Dana loves Leben the guy puts everything on the line to entertain fans. Lastly Rampage kills Bader and beats Bones.
-Rampages last fight was not impressive at all. Most people think he lost, he moving forward all a abstract reason why he won the fight to me is BS. He won a close decision, thats fine, but he didn't look impressive. Page did zero damage to Machida. 
-The LHW situation is not looking very clear right now. But the winner of Bones v. Bader has to be next in line for a title shot. Why make your two best 205 prospects fight each other if not for a title shot. Every other 205 contender (Forrest, Rich, Page, Machida, Silva, Lil Nog) has yet to  put the wins together to warrant a title shot. 

-No way Leben is getting cut, no #$*%!@+ way. Leben is the 185 gate keeper and always comes to fight. And just imagine Leben v. Wand 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Add that fight to UFC 129 and watch people go nuts. Because there is no way I'm paying to see K-1 Jake Shields and George Safety First St. Pierre jab and dry hump one another for 25 mins. I'll pass
laugh.gif
if you think Jones/Bader winner should get a title shot. They've both been brought along very very slowly. They don't deserve a shot over Rampage especially if Page beats Silva.

Page would have beaten Machida and Silva, not to mention Wanderlei and Jardine.. all the while never getting a title shot after he lost it to Forrest. And the Machida/Page fight was close so it's not like it was the worst decision ever. Machida did not outright win that bout so I can't be mad at the decision.

Not sure what they'll do, but if they match winner of Jones/Bader against winner of Page/Silva, either Evans or Rua is going to be waiting around for a while. It'll be interesting to see what Dana thinks.
-There we go again with with someone using "
laugh.gif
". It doesn't make you look anymore right, just makes you sound smug. 
- The fact is that for the last two years both Bader and Bones have done just as much if not more is the division than Page and Silva. While "Being brought along slowly", Bones beat Vera, Bonnar and was jacking up Hamill until the DQ. And Bader beat Jardine and Lil Nog. In that same time period Page has only beaten Jardine and won the close decision against Machida. Silva beat Jardine and Vera. Bader has no losses in that time period, Bones only lost is the DQ. Where as Page has a clear decision lost and Silva lost twice. Plus in two extra wins for both Bader and Jones.  

-Silva was hurt, Page was acting but that they don't get credit for those things. 

-Having a winner of Jones/Bader fight Page/Silva would push the next LHW title fight all the way to the end of the year. I'm sorry but I only got to see shogun fight once last year so I'm looking forward to seeing him put in a full years work with 3 fights (if he wins his title defenses). 

-Sounds like you are giving Page and Silva extra credit based off of reputation. 
So you are comparing Brandon Vera who got cut, Stephen Bonnar who only has a job because of the TUF 1 fight and Hamill the gatekeeper to Machida?? Also you are comparing Bader's wins over Lil Nog ( who honestly is really good but Bader didn't truly impress me ) and beating Keith Jardine who got cut and lost in shark fights? Give Silva or Page any of Bader's or Jones opponents and it would be massacre. Watch the Silva vs Vera.. Also don't get me wrong I like Bader and Jones I was rooting for Bader to win TUF 8 and Jones to win his fights (besides Hamill) all im saying is that Silva would have a good chance against Bader and Jones while Page if he comes in inshape beats both convincingly.

I'm not arguing that Page and Silva are not better fighters. What I am saying is that for the past 2 years Jones and Bader have done more in the division than both Page and Silva, so the deserve title shots over them. And I would prefer it that way because that would mean the LHW gets defended atleast 3x times this year.  
-People like to play the coulda-woulda-shoulda game in MMA. I agree that both Silva and Page would have beaten all of the guys Jones and Bader beat (Lil Nog would be the biggest challenge). But the didn't, comparatively Bader and Bones have done more in the past 2 years so why no give one of them the next title shot and have the winner or Page v. Silva get the last one at the end of the year. What's so bad about that?

As great as it would be to see Mir and Lesnar as coaches coz it would be HILARIOUS, no one wants to see them fight in the end. Btw there has been talks that Carwin and Nelson will be fighting each other on the same event as Lesnar vs. JDS.

Heads up NY and NJ NT'ers... UFC 128 Rashad vs Shogun tickets went on sale today... They're selling out fast so get on ticketmaster ASAP if you're trying to go.

JDS Vs Brock Lesnar is one of the only 2 options that Dana could of done.

This is how I see the UFC Division its seperated in 2 tiers top tier and lower tier

Currently the top tier fighters are really slim which are:

Cain
Brock
JDS
Shane Carwin

Lower Tier:
Frank Mir
CroCop
Nelson
Kongo
Struve
Couture

All the fighters in the lower tier have no reason to be in discussion of a title shot at all. They can earn one but currently they dont have any business even competing for a title shot.

It was either JDS vs Carwin or JDS vs Brock. JDS vs Brock is a way bigger draw for UFC and TUF. People are curious on how brock will handle being a coach and even more interested in how he has changed his fighting since the ##% whooping from Cain. Its a win win for fans to be honest. This fight will answer all the questions that remain about Brock. Is he for real or is he just another Bob Sapp?

^^^ Chill brah
You do have to chill out with the pyramid quoting though. Not just for us but you too, you can get banned for it. Just delete some of post that you aren't responding to before that.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom