Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

If Walker would have trained MMA since he was younger, he would have been a Beast!!!

Roger Gracie stays undeafeated with yet another submission victory.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Nick is a *!*+$** beast. GSP may be the best at 170 but Diaz is 100x more exciting to watch. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Nick is a *!*+$** beast. GSP may be the best at 170 but Diaz is 100x more exciting to watch. 

100x more exciting to watch, and 10,000x more exciting to listen to.  Amazing fight and finish.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

100x more exciting to watch, and 10,000x more exciting to listen to.  Amazing fight and finish.
Plus he ain't not %+@$! homie. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

This Strikeforce event was pretty good.
pimp.gif

this... very good event... i'm watching the replay again right now on showtime west... Diaz really impressed me tonight... 

Jacare had a nice win tonite good test for him
Nick Diaz is a beast, Cyborg was game
Herchel Walker is ridiculous at his age

very good event.  watching the best grappling guys like jacare and gracie school their opponents is amazing to watch.  
diaz fights are always good.  his opponents still have a hard time dealing with his weird, pitter-patter striking style.  they get hit with a few soft strikes then get hit with a dozen more and starting wobbling.  he'll probably fight daley next.  i'm curious as to how their striking will match up.

anyone else find it weird that mauro always mentions the ufc during events?  they even showed velasquez.  it's like free advertising for their competitor.  it's the opposite of the ufc who likes to pretend their the only org that exists.

Diaz on Daley

"I see me putting punches on him, and maybe him taking me down, too, and getting caught in a choke," Diaz said. "He could run from me, and I could run him down, take him down, and beat him on the ground. I don't know. I could see that fight going a lot of different ways. I'm not really impressed with Paul Daley as a mixed martial artist. "I'm sure he knows what's going to happen if he steps in there to fight me. All they can really do is try to down-talk me and minimize what I've done in the past and what I might do to them."

I agree. Even Scott Coker said Daley didnt want the fight with Diaz yet. Hes probably trying to learn BJJ all in a couple of months

For those who said Diaz didnt look impressive are crazy. It took him less than 25 seconds to submit a black belt. Show the man respect. I know Dana White is gonna be hating when they ask him what he thought about the victory

diaz is just all around impressive
herchel is a beast at 48

cant wait for the heavyweight grand prix next month. strikeforce has been showin out lately.

Originally Posted by shogun

anyone else find it weird that mauro always mentions the ufc during events?  they even showed velasquez.  it's like free advertising for their competitor.  it's the opposite of the ufc who likes to pretend their the only org that exists.
and it also didn't help that when the cameras showed Velasquez, thats when the crowd popped the loudest
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by shogun

and it also didn't help that when the cameras showed Velasquez, thats when the crowd popped the loudest
laugh.gif

It's not weird at all. That's kind of the old "WWF" mentality. Vince would never mention another organization on any of his shows, which is what made the early ECW stuff on Raw seem so crazy. The WWF was the "only show in town" and Vince wanted to make sure that his audience felt that notion. ECW on the other hand, would ALWAYS mention other affiliations. Not just WWF/WCW, but New Japan, AAA, and and CMLL.

I have a feeling the UFC is the same way. Sometimes Joe Rogan will mention someone's work in other organizations or drop a Sakuraba or Aoki reference, but that's about it. It's very limited and will typically only mention Pride by name and say "in Japan" for just about any other promotion.  In StrikeForce, DREAM, and all the other promotions, they'll be quick to mention any UFC accomplishment. Just watch any of the cards HDNet shows and everybody has and will mention the UFC.

Strikeforce knows they're playing second fiddle right now. It's would be insulting to the audience to not acknowledge the UFC and/or their fighters.

Very, very excited for this weekend.  So many good fights on deck.

UFC 126

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort

Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader

Jake Ellenberger vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Miguel Torres vs Antonio Banuelos

Donald Cerrone vs Paul Kelly

Chad Mendes vs Michihiro Omigawa

Paul Taylor vs Gabe Ruediger

KID Yamamoto vs Demetrious Johnson

Kyle Kingsbury vs Ricardo Romero

Mike Pierce vs Kenny Robertson

Team Alpha Male put Chad Mendes through a really good camp for his bout with Omigawa.  I expect a great fight here, though maybe in the technical sense...also hoping KID finishes Mighty Mouse so we can see him on TV.  

Originally Posted by Burn916

Very, very excited for this weekend.  So many good fights on deck.

UFC 126

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort

Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader

Jake Ellenberger vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Miguel Torres vs Antonio Banuelos

Donald Cerrone vs Paul Kelly

Chad Mendes vs Michihiro Omigawa

Paul Taylor vs Gabe Ruediger

KID Yamamoto vs Demetrious Johnson

Kyle Kingsbury vs Ricardo Romero

Mike Pierce vs Kenny Robertson

Team Alpha Male put Chad Mendes through a really good camp for his bout with Omigawa.  I expect a great fight here, though maybe in the technical sense...also hoping KID finishes Mighty Mouse so we can see him on TV.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Kudos to Dana for finally getting a good card together. I hope the fights on the main card are quick KO/submissions. Then they would have to fill the allotted time slot with some undercard fights. Sad thing is we probably won't see Kid's fight.

Anyone else think Silva is going to stun KO a bull rushing Vitor?

Back
Top Bottom