Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

UFN 13 is going to be RIDICULOUS!!!

J-Lau gonna pull out a W, count on it!!!

I hope so! I got $300 on Joe.
Damn thats 300 bucks down the drain...

Florian all day baby

Originally Posted by Club27

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

UFN 13 is going to be RIDICULOUS!!!

J-Lau gonna pull out a W, count on it!!!

I hope so! I got $300 on Joe.
Damn thats 300 bucks down the drain...

Florian all day baby

seriously, even though i think joe is constantly improving especially now that hes training in hawaii and that i dont think ken flo is a lock to win, idont see florian losing, guy is just constantly improving every fight (not to mention them elbows are nasty)

I'm still looking for a sucker who thinks Serra has a $100 chance against GSP Saturday night!
devil.gif

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

But you could see the kick affecting Franks arm toward the end.

Admittedly I dont train, so maybe those who do could shed some light. Is it proper technique to block high kicks with 1 arm or are you supposed to getboth arms up? I mean CL was just punishing dude with them kicks over and over, you would think that he might switch it up and try to block it in a differentmanner that wont leave him with a broken arm.

To actually avoid getting hit is dodging it. But you block it so you can still stay in focus and not get knocked the hell out. But also does toll on your armin the long run. (i.e Frank at the end resulting in a broken arm)

Man, got caught up with work so been MIA (literally, in Miami), but had to come back and mention how *%%$%%% AMPED I am for UFN tonight.

I would seriously want to see that whole card. I don't do predictions. A fight is totally unpredictable. And I don't play with crystal balls.

And it will be great to see Rampage back on TV. TUF or not, I feel like he's been MIA himself.

AMPED!

laugh.gif
i thought the card was last night.

i was looking all over for a link for the lauzon/flo fight and the parysian fight.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

laugh.gif
i thought the card was last night.

i was looking all over for a link for the lauzon/flo fight and the parysian fight.
I hope Parysian get's KTFO. I can't stand the dude. I don't know what it is, but his voice and whole demeanor just irritates the hell outtame.
mad.gif

^ really? i personally find him exciting to watch. Sure he doesnt really finish fights but he puts in a great effort everytime it seems. And watching some dudeget judo thrown to the ground is smoooth.

Dude who put $300 on J-lau... bold man... bold. I think its going to be a tough tough match all the way through but Ken Flo has really impressed me with how helooks leaps and bounds better everytime he enters the octagon. I know that J-lau is no slouch but its hard to bet against Ken Flo right now. As much as I wouldlike to see Florian pull it out, for the sake of your wallet hopefully Lauzon is victorious.

Great fights tonight.

-Alexander loses again. 2 big wins followed by two big losses.

-Karo loses and cries like a baby. Just don't like dude.

-Great first round by Joe and Kenny. Unfortunately for Joe, Kenny was relentless.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Great fights tonight.

-Alexander loses again. 2 big wins followed by two big losses.

-Karo loses and cries like a baby. Just don't like dude.

-Great first round by Joe and Kenny. Unfortunately for Joe, Kenny was relentless.
Wow, this sucks.. I'm glad I missed it. Houston losing to Irvin is a horrible loss. I don't like Karo eitherbut I feel bad, so close to a shot at the belt and now he takes the L. On my way home, I could just picture going to Wikipedia and seeing Lauzon with the L aswell and sure enough.
frown.gif
%*#$!!

where are you guys watching it ?!??!?!?
Spike TV

lauzon got bullied for the most part (again). (maybe he's better off at featherweight, dunno how much he cuts so that's just an loose idea). hewasn't even hurt, he just couldnt shake that mount.

entertaining fight tho.

couple controversial stoppages there.

alexander was out, arms stiff, not protecting himself.

karo on the other hand got rocked but was covering his head still i think that one got stopped a bit early but it was close to being done.

karo derserved to lose that fight, he was in horrible shape.

he's been in the best shape of his career recently against burkman and chonan but he didn't look in shape at all for that fight.

it's a shame karo is so lazy because he really is a championship caliber talent.

My take....

Houston Alexander.....can't believe people were actually talking about this dude being a contender for the belt after 2 fights. Looks like the last 2 putthings in perspective. His chin was questionable even in his victory over Jardine. Even moreso know.

Nate Diaz.....what more can you say. Took a beating in the first. Came back with a SICK transition from guillotine to triangle. Didn't even pull Kurt'shead down. That's how deep it was. He needs to work on his standup. Is Manny Gamburyan rematch next?

Matt Hamill.....just not a fan of his as a fighter. I am a Boxer historically, and his stand up is atrocious to me. Effective, but horrible to watch.

Tim Boetsch....took another fight on short notice, in high altitude no less, and brought it. Very awkward style. Fires shots from all angles. Reminds me ofMachida in a weird way. I like this dude.

Karo.....Dude is a clown. He ducked Fitch and got what he deserved. Knocked the @%%@ out. He is always great to watch. His fights with Diego and Diaz are epic.I always loved his fights, but the more I hear him talk the less I like him. And for the record, if you can't come to fights in shape, and you avoid topcontenders, you are not championship caliber.

Thiago....dangerous on the feet. Curuous to see how he would fare against Fitch and the other elite WW's.

Frankie Edgar.....This kids standup is so !!$!@%$ sick it's unreal. His footwork. His head movement. His combos. He looks so comfortable in the pocket is!!$!@%$ scary. But he also looked SO much smaller than Gray, it was scary. Sucks that he lost. He's the better fighter. He just kept getting taken down bythe bigger guy.

Gray Maynard....he did look good. His standup is not bad at all. And his wrestling is top notch. He could definitely be a player at LW. Edgar had fought sometough guys (Spencer, Tyson), but he clearly couldn't handle Gray. So this dude could create problems for a lot of people.

J. Lau....Kid is still a sick fighter. I've seen too much good from him to hate now. He was just outfought and outclassed. The better fighter won. 5 yearsfrom now, it could be a very different story.

Ken Flo...Talked the talk, walked the walk. He continues to look good. Let's not forget he held his own with Sherk. LW will be tough if BJ locks in, butKenny is still very much a top contender. Perhaps they were already setting up a revenge match. BJ beats Sherk, then fights Ken Flo to avenge his students (JLau) loss.

Anthony Rumble Johnson....Granted, he fought a kid that LOOKED like he had trained stanup with Matt Hughes. But his striking was scary. And if he's as gooda wrestler as they say, I can't imagine anyone wants to fight this dude.

And for the record, both stoppages were legit to me. Both fighters were done. Eating more punches wasn't going to save anyone. Same with J Lau. All legitstops.

And for the record, if you can't come to fights in shape, and you avoid top contenders, you are not championship caliber.

all fighters dont have the same base to work with and as a talent, he is.

he's got all the physical tools and raw talent.

the judo is obviously bananas, his standup is precise, his ground game is on point.

not a finisher really but a very effective scorer.

issue is he's a lazy fatty and an egomaniac.

if he'd stop whining about how he deserves a title shot and put in the work, then he'd be a phenomenal fighter.

i still, SMH at the ufc for backing up the welterweight division so much with that season of tuf.

either karo or fitch could have had a title shot by now.

mma isn't boxing no one is going to go on an extremely long win streak, just the nature of the sport.

fighters that earn title contention often lose it when they have to fight too many bouts while waiting for a shot.

^I agree that all fights were stopped at the right times.

It was tough to see Alexander go down liket hat though. He showed some promise form his first two fights, but his last two losses show he might've justbeen a flash-in-the-pan fighter. We'll see where Joe Silva takes him from here.

Also was tough to see Lauzon get beat the way he did. Just couldn't shake Florian off of him. I was yelling at my TV for Joe to get an arm under a leg andscoot out the back door but I guess he couldn't here me
laugh.gif
. Hopefully Huerta finishes up school and gets back to training full time. I have no doubt inmy mind that he'll be able to take Florian and defeat him.

Thank you Thiago, thank you!!!! Glad to finally see Karo get his $@* whooped like a lil' %!!!%. Damn that was great!!!

illphillip's analysis was on point.

overall i thought the card delivered and lived up to the expectations. Said it before and i'll say it again, Ken Flo is just that dude. Great effort byJ-Lau and the kids still got plenty of years to grow. Would love to see him hone his skills over the next few years and he could become a beast.

Damn. Really disappointed with Karo and his fight. Dude was way out of shape. This could be good for him though if his ego permits. Yeah, he is egotisticallike MANY of the other fighters but why so much hate on Karo?? I thought it was sherdog only, but it's spread to NT too.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom