Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by shogun

strikeforce needs to get rid of gus johnson.  he doesn't know anything about mma and calls everyone a legend.  get rid of shamrock too.  put pat miletich as a permanent commentator and maybe also bring in bas.
+1

i like when Gus calls football, but he is terrible at MMA.  The only one worse than Gus is Mauro Ranallo.  I mean yeah, he's knowlegable about the sport but he is just a terrible terrible commentator.  I always thought Miletich did a great job on SF when they have him on.  I'm really confused as to why they haven't brought El Guapo on board.  I mean Showtime/CBS has to know that Ranallo is terrible right?  I can't be the only one complaining?

I'm sure every fight has been rehashed several times over the last few pages, so no sense in repeating any of it.  My only take on the event.

eff Gian Villante.  How you gonna sit there and get tagged with all of those wide looping haymakers.  jab jab SHOOT man!  Props to Griggs for coming in as a gamer, but damn...

Wow man I just watched the Fedor/Silva fight... I never thought I'd see Fedor lose... let alone lose two times in a row.

frown.gif

[h1]
[h1]Fedor Emelianenko still has will to fight [/h1]
By Josh Gross
ESPN.com

Fedor Emelianenko's storied mixed martial arts career will not come to an end following Saturday's technical knockout loss to Antonio Silva.

Emelianenko, 34, expressed his desire to continue fighting on Tuesday, his promoter, M-1 Global, confirmed to ESPN.com.

"I rushed to declare my retirement," Emelianenko told media in Moscow, according to translated reports. "I am capable of having a few more fights."

Moments after a New Jersey State Athletic Control Board-licensed doctor stopped the bout between the second and third periods due to severe damage around Emelianenko's right eye, the former Pride heavyweight champion declared it might be time to retire.

Members of his camp suggested the best heavyweight of the last decade could take up to two weeks to determine the fate of his career -- apparently he needed just two days.

Evgeni Kogan, head of global operations for M-1, of which Emelianenko holds an ownership stake, "seriously doubted" reports that the heavyweight would attempt to win his sixth World Combat Sambo Championships title Feb. 25 in St. Petersburg. Reports in Russian media suggested Emelianenko would make a quick turnaround despite the pummeling he suffered against Silva.

"He is very keen to fight again though," Kogan said.

Emelianenko (31-3) remains under contract to Strikeforce for three bouts after signing an extension earlier this year. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said if Emelianenko remained active, a bout against the loser of April 9's Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal between Fabricio Werdum and Alistair Overeem would likely come next. Coker also suggested that Emelianenko is eligible to return to the tournament as an alternate.

Reports following Saturday's card indicated Emelianenko suffered a broken orbital bone and required hospitalization. Neither is true, several sources close to the fighter said.

Emelianenko's bout against Silva (16-2), which headlined the first leg of Strikeforce's single-elimination eight-fighter tournament in front of a crowd of 11,287 at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J., established a record for viewership of mixed martial arts on Showtime. The average audience -- 741,000, with a peak rating of 1.1 million during the main event -- bested an August 2009 card featuring Gina Carano and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos by more than 20 percent.

So it looks like his next fight will be the loser of Overeem/Werdum.
[/h1]

Sounds like the Russian Government got to him.

And unless something drastic changes over the next few months, he will get crushed by either Overeen or Werdum.

Damn Russians are FORCING the poor guy to fight.

His heart just isn't in it anymore, you can see it by the way he came out swinging against Bigfoot.

He was trying to end it as quick as possible so he can get out of there.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Damn Russians are FORCING the poor guy to fight.

His heart just isn't in it anymore, you can see it by the way he came out swinging against Bigfoot.

He was trying to end it as quick as possible so he can get out of there.
it really is a damn shame that this appears to be the case.  They should just let him retire in peace.

Any thoughts on Fedor's crew claiming that Silva (and everybody else in the HWGP) is juicing, and won via illegal "psychological technology"?

Poor Fedor *puts on Fedor sweater*

Originally Posted by Burn916

Any thoughts on Fedor's crew claiming that Silva (and everybody else in the HWGP) is juicing, and won via illegal "psychological technology"?

Poor Fedor *puts on Fedor sweater*
Vadim and Co. have been spittin nonsense ever since he got the limelight.  Nothing new.  Just sucks that they are tarnishing the image of a living legend (by association)

Defintely...this is what I was talking about, though, with all of this holier than thou outrage against Dana (not necessarily on this board as much as the MMA blogosphere). M-1 is a bunch of goons and, willing or not, Fedor is part of that team - not just by association, either. He's a minority owner of the company. If my business partners were spitting absolute garbage (on more than one occasion) that I don't cosign, it would most definitely be dealt with. These dudes are saying Bigfoot won via SHAMANISM! You don't get a free pass on that just because you're quiet and stoic. Come to think of it, Fedor himself was dry snitching on Overeem on Ariel Helwani's show, so nevermind.

I hate sounding like a Fedor hater, but *Iverson* we talkin about shamanism. Theres much more to being the GOAT and doing great things for the sport than just money and a win streak.

On a more positive note, this Shogun vs Jones trailer is absolutely amazing - http://sbn.to/i2MIIZ (embed fail, I know...on my phone, somebody help me out)

Here's a preview for the project I've been working on with Danny Castillo, and his road to his March 3 fight with Joe Daddy.  Full episode coming in a week.

pretty dope man, looking forward to seeing the finished product...

and UFC this weekend.... yes yes.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Defintely...this is what I was talking about, though, with all of this holier than thou outrage against Dana (not necessarily on this board as much as the MMA blogosphere). M-1 is a bunch of goons and, willing or not, Fedor is part of that team - not just by association, either. He's a minority owner of the company. If my business partners were spitting absolute garbage (on more than one occasion) that I don't cosign, it would most definitely be dealt with. These dudes are saying Bigfoot won via SHAMANISM! You don't get a free pass on that just because you're quiet and stoic. Come to think of it, Fedor himself was dry snitching on Overeem on Ariel Helwani's show, so nevermind.

I hate sounding like a Fedor hater, but *Iverson* we talkin about shamanism. Theres much more to being the GOAT and doing great things for the sport than just money and a win streak.
i agree.  i know fighters just want to focus on training and let their managers handle everything else but M-1are a bunch of leeches and are ruining fedor's image.  he should still be in control of his career.  they co-promote events with strikeforce but what have they contributed besides fedor being on the roster? they just want their name on the banner and don't care about anything else.  i'm glad dana refused to co-promote with those fools.

Brandon Vera isn't cut by the UFC anymore because of Thiago Silva's drug test. The decision of their bout will be changed to a "no contest".

Phil Davis vs. Little Nog @ UFC Fight Night 24. Tito Ortiz pulled out with an injury during training and Davis is taking Tito's place.

Matt Hamill vs Rampage for UFC 130. Dana White said the reason why he didn't book Rampage vs. Rashad Evans again was because their first fight was a "snoozefest".

Originally Posted by chino905

Matt Hamill vs Rampage for UFC 130. Dana White said the reason why he didn't book Rampage vs. Rashad Evans again was because their first fight was a "snoozefest".
all of those months of them hating each other for no reason on TUF & waiting for rampage to finish a movie, produced a crappy fight.
i thought rashad was injured?  why would dana think about making a rematch between the two?

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by chino905

all of those months of them hating each other for no reason on TUF & waiting for rampage to finish a movie, produced a crappy fight.
i thought rashad was injured?  why would dana think about making a rematch between the two?

supposedly the injury is not serious and he would have been ready by 130.

Any thoughts on SF Challengers this past weekend?

I was kinda bummed that Fancy Pants loss.  Healy had a good showing, much better than I expected.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Vera is back. Dude has 9 lives. 
Hope does better and returns to his old ways. He is smug as *#@# on camera but a really cool in person 

[h1]Fitch on Penn: ‘If I Kill Him, I Get His Power’[/h1]
Sherdog.com staff

If Jon Fitch is intimidated at the prospect of fighting a mixed martial arts legend, he isn’t showing it.

With just days to go before his main event bout against B.J. Penn at UFC 127 in Sydney, Australia, the rangy welterweight seems to feel he has “The Prodigy

Hector Lombard, Bellator Middleweight Champ, in talks to fight Falaniko Vitale slated for Bellator 44 on May 14th
its gonna be a non title fight. Lombard is intriguing will definitely watch

Back
Top Bottom