Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by illphillip

If 85 is free on Spike it's a great card.

If I have to pay, it's not.

Say what you want about Kimbo being fed "clowns". Not too many guys fight a contender in their first, second or third fight.

GSP is one of the few I can think of.
Tell that to Brock Lesnar. And when you have people like Gary Shaw hyping you up as the greatest thing since sliced bread while denouncing people like Fedor and Anderson Silva, true MMA take offense to that. Not to mention when you have an entourage who don't know how to act, it makes the sport look bad.

Please re-read where I said GSP was one of the few. So I guess Brock Lesnar would be another of the few. And look what happened. So now what?

Get the #%%* out of here with making the sport look bad and your "true MMA" !++%$#@%. I'm tried of keyboard cowboys talking about what does ordoesn't make the sport look bad. You telling me Dana White's antics make the sport look "good"? He's the head of the biggest MMA org inthe world. He's setting the precedent. Does Rob Emmerson make the sport look good? Does Kalib Starnes? Does Tito Ortiz? Who knows and who cares. It's%%*@$@@ life. These guys are fighters. Of course some will be troublemakers. They aren't gardeners.

I'm just tired of people %++%%%%% on Kimbo for no reason. Dude was given a chance to fight. Given opponents. Has beaten them. So why hate him. Becausehe doesn't have the skill set you'd like him to? Neither does Chuck Lidell, once the poster boy for MMA. I guess Chuck's cocaine use is much betterfor the sport huh?

I have not seen anything from Kimbo or his crew to suggest this is the case. If you are aware of an instance, then let it be known. But I consider myselfpretty informed, and I haven't heard anything. So what exactly are you talking about that Kimbo's crew has done to make the sport "look bad"?
This dude gets hate from everyone, including yourself. You didn't call out Gary Shaw. You called out Kimbo. Kimbo didn't say anything aboutFedor and Anderson. Dana says the same @+!@ about Fedor. I guess you, being "true MMA" should take offense to that as well. So who is your beef with?

How exactly are you "true MMA" when you don't know who James "The Debt Collector" Thompson is? One of the best nicknames ever. So goodin fact, that he dropped it. Dude had numerour fights in PRIDE. So you'll excuse if I'm not buying you and your "true MMA". Perhapsyou're just a UFC fanboy.

Oh, wait. My mistake. Why would I tell that to Brock Lesnar when he fought Min Soo Kim in his first MMA match?

Or were you implying that Frank Mir (absolutely NO disrespect to Frank Mir, a man I have nothing but respect for) was considered a contender at the time?

Say what you want about Kimbo being fed "clowns". Not too many guys fight a contender in their first, second or third fight.

Tell that to Brock Lesnar. And when you have people like Gary Shaw hyping you up as the greatest thing since sliced bread while denouncing people like Fedor and Anderson Silva, true MMA take offense to that. Not to mention when you have an entourage who don't know how to act, it makes the sport look bad.

Please re-read where I said GSP was one of the few. So I guess Brock Lesnar would be another of the few. And look what happened. So now what?

Get the #%%* out of here with making the sport look bad and your "true MMA" !++%$#@%. I'm tried of keyboard cowboys talking about what does or doesn't make the sport look bad. You telling me Dana White's antics make the sport look "good"? He's the head of the biggest MMA org in the world. He's setting the precedent. Does Rob Emmerson make the sport look good? Does Kalib Starnes? Does Tito Ortiz? Who knows and who cares. It's %%*@$@@ life. These guys are fighters. Of course some will be troublemakers. They aren't gardeners.

I'm just tired of people %++%%%%% on Kimbo for no reason. Dude was given a chance to fight. Given opponents. Has beaten them. So why hate him. Because he doesn't have the skill set you'd like him to? Neither does Chuck Lidell, once the poster boy for MMA. I guess Chuck's cocaine use is much better for the sport huh?

I have not seen anything from Kimbo or his crew to suggest this is the case. If you are aware of an instance, then let it be known. But I consider myself pretty informed, and I haven't heard anything. So what exactly are you talking about that Kimbo's crew has done to make the sport "look bad"?
This dude gets hate from everyone, including yourself. You didn't call out Gary Shaw. You called out Kimbo. Kimbo didn't say anything about Fedor and Anderson. Dana says the same @+!@ about Fedor. I guess you, being "true MMA" should take offense to that as well. So who is your beef with?

How exactly are you "true MMA" when you don't know who James "The Debt Collector" Thompson is? One of the best nicknames ever. So good in fact, that he dropped it. Dude had numerour fights in PRIDE. So you'll excuse if I'm not buying you and your "true MMA". Perhaps you're just a UFC fanboy.
get the #%$@ out of here? I've been watching MMA since renting it back when I was in 3rd grade and went to my 1st event when I was 10 you tool. Ididn't say %%$+ about Kimbo. All I said was he's in no position calling Chuck out. I'm a big Kimbo fan but he's unproven just like how I likeBrock even though he was outclassed last fight. these guy put their lives into fighting for my entertainment but yes he does make the sport look bad, just asTito does when he bury's graves and any of the other clowns antics including Dana White. I even felt PRIDE was the superior org so there goes your UFCfanboy BS. You seem to know ALOT about me or maybe just another troll just like on SD. And if you want to discount my remark about Brock then fine his 2ndfight. Frank Mir vs Who? Bo Cantrall? 3rd fight Coleman vs Tank rofl yeah ok...

James Thompson is mad wack. The guy has no chin whatsoever. Kimbo via knockout 1st round.

Lawyer is a beast. Gotta say Laywer via knockout 2nd round

Im fans of both Baroni and Smoking Joe so Im definitely looking forward to this match

Get the #%%* out of here with making the sport look bad and your "true MMA" !++%$#@%. I'm tried of keyboard cowboys talking about what does or doesn't make the sport look bad. You telling me Dana White's antics make the sport look "good"? He's the head of the biggest MMA org in the world. He's setting the precedent. Does Rob Emmerson make the sport look good? Does Kalib Starnes? Does Tito Ortiz? Who knows and who cares. It's %%*@$@@ life. These guys are fighters. Of course some will be troublemakers. They aren't gardeners.

I'm just tired of people %++%%%%% on Kimbo for no reason. Dude was given a chance to fight. Given opponents. Has beaten them. So why hate him. Because he doesn't have the skill set you'd like him to? Neither does Chuck Lidell, once the poster boy for MMA. I guess Chuck's cocaine use is much better for the sport huh?

I have not seen anything from Kimbo or his crew to suggest this is the case. If you are aware of an instance, then let it be known. But I consider myself pretty informed, and I haven't heard anything. So what exactly are you talking about that Kimbo's crew has done to make the sport "look bad"?
This dude gets hate from everyone, including yourself. You didn't call out Gary Shaw. You called out Kimbo. Kimbo didn't say anything about Fedor and Anderson. Dana says the same @+!@ about Fedor. I guess you, being "true MMA" should take offense to that as well. So who is your beef with?

How exactly are you "true MMA" when you don't know who James "The Debt Collector" Thompson is? One of the best nicknames ever. So good in fact, that he dropped it. Dude had numerour fights in PRIDE. So you'll excuse if I'm not buying you and your "true MMA". Perhaps you're just a UFC fanboy.
get the #%$@ out of here? I've been watching MMA since renting it back when I was in 3rd grade and went to my 1st event when I was 10 you tool. I didn't say %%$+ about Kimbo. All I said was he's in no position calling Chuck out. I'm a big Kimbo fan but he's unproven just like how I like Brock even though he was outclassed last fight. these guy put their lives into fighting for my entertainment but yes he does make the sport look bad, just as Tito does when he bury's graves and any of the other clowns antics including Dana White. I even felt PRIDE was the superior org so there goes your UFC fanboy BS. You seem to know ALOT about me or maybe just another troll just like on SD. And if you want to discount my remark about Brock then fine his 2nd fight. Frank Mir vs Who? Bo Cantrall? 3rd fight Coleman vs Tank rofl yeah ok...
You did a great job avoiding every real point I brought up, so this is pointless. How is Kimbo's entourage out of control? What exactly was done byKimbo or his crew to make the sport look bad? Where is the substance to back up your claims? Is there any substance to what you're saying?

You did not respond to a single point other than to give the usual "I been watching MMA since...." BS and claim your love for Pride and you'reacting like you don't know who James Thompson is.

If you were so informed, you would also know if was Chuck who started the war of words with Kimbo after the Bo Cantrell fight. It was Chuck who called him out.Which is fine. That fight was %%%+#%@@. But if a fighter calls out another fighter, what do you think is going to happen "true MMA"? Kimbo respondsand he's "bad for the sport". That's some clown %***.

But there A LOT you don't seem to know. So this discussion is really going to go nowhere. Can't have an intelligent discussion with someone who thinksthey know something but a) can't prove it and b) the truth is actually the exact opposite and that information is out there for everyone to see.

That CBS card is VERY solid, especially for a freebee. Robbie Lawler is always a good watch. Scott Smith is no slouch. Kimbo/James could be fireworks. But thefight I'm looking forward to is Baroni/Villasenor for some reason. I commend Elite XC for finding a great replacement fighter when Nija went down.

I can't help but
laugh.gif
when I read the dumb *#%# people like TrueshotAura type. I don't even need to go into why it's so funny, anyone with a shredof 'true MMA' knowledge sees the humor in it.

Originally Posted by Twistedb9

matt hughes vs. thiago alves ufc 85 main event
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=12462

http://www.matt-hughes.com/

June 7th, in England, I fight Thiago Alves. The fight is confirmed, it will be the main event for the card. Dana just called me with the news. Chuck got hurt and couldn't fight, so he needed a replacement and called me and I said yes. More news as I get it. No matter what happens in this fight, I've got Serra next. -matt

Yup! Hughes confirms he is fighting Alves in the main event now @ UFC 85.

I'll take it for what is it. The card looks dope overall so im definitely looking forward to this.

AND

Theres a possibility of it being free on SPIKE. ( I highly doubt it, but you never know)

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=7007

85 is looking up and making it free would do the trick. Hughes gets KO'd and then smashes Serra the next fight.

Leave Kimbo alone, he trying to make a living like the rest of the MMA athletes.

I heard Kimbo was gonna fight Ken Shamrock?

I have a question.

Was the last time that Rampage fought against Liddell when he won the title? Because I haven't seen/heard of him fighting after that and why such the longbreak in between fights?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I have a question.

Was the last time that Rampage fought against Liddell when he won the title? Because I haven't seen/heard of him fighting after that and why such the long break in between fights?
He beat Dan Henderson last year.. and Real Talk,... No one wants it with him..

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I can't help but
laugh.gif
when I read the dumb *#%# people like TrueshotAura type. I don't even need to go into why it's so funny, anyone with a shred of 'true MMA' knowledge sees the humor in it.

hey now, lets all play nice. no need to jump on the kid even though he pulled out the "i've been watching MMA since before Royce Gracie wasborn" line.

Now to business. Looks like the all of the NT Thiago Alves fans are getting what they want. Granted Hughes is not in his prime it should still be a goodtest for Alves.

MonopolyMan you aint kiddin bout the staredown between Thompson and Kimbo. If only Thompson wasnt known for having that glass chin, then maybe (God willing)we might witness something truly memorable like the 2nd coming of Frye v. Takayama.

Anyone know if Dream 2 is going to be telecast anywhere in the US? Cmon Mark Cuban, put that badboy on HDNet! Hopefully we get it stateside, even if it ison tape delay. Always a big fan of watching Denis Kang get in the mix, not to mention Sakuraba, Jacare, and others.

Thoughts on Aoki v. JZ? Hopefully its the fight that everyone was hoping for the first time around.

laugh.gif
some of you guys need to calm down, jeez, its the internet

that pic of chuck's hams is nasssty
sick.gif
and funny @ the same timebecause what's a chuck liddell pic without his gut showing
laugh.gif

You guys are silly, anyway...

What happened to Ninja fighting Baroni? Oh well.
Scott Smith is a knockout artist but his only good win is against Tim Kennedy =/
James Thompson has a problem, He rushes his opponent in the start of the round and he ends up taking most of the damage.. I wonder how Kimbo is going to takesomeone who is actually going to press him.
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...

frye6xp1tw7.gif

EDIT:
He beat Dan Henderson last year.. and Real Talk,... No one wants it with him..
Word, Rampage is on a whole nother Level right now. Forest HAS to take it to the ground with his 5 year purple belt
laugh.gif

get the #%$@ out of here? I've been watching MMA since renting it back when I was in 3rd grade and went to my 1st event when I was 10 you tool. I didn't say %%$+ about Kimbo. All I said was he's in no position calling Chuck out. I'm a big Kimbo fan but he's unproven just like how I like Brock even though he was outclassed last fight. these guy put their lives into fighting for my entertainment but yes he does make the sport look bad, just as Tito does when he bury's graves and any of the other clowns antics including Dana White. I even felt PRIDE was the superior org so there goes your UFC fanboy BS. You seem to know ALOT about me or maybe just another troll just like on SD. And if you want to discount my remark about Brock then fine his 2nd fight. Frank Mir vs Who? Bo Cantrall? 3rd fight Coleman vs Tank rofl yeah ok...
You did a great job avoiding every real point I brought up, so this is pointless. How is Kimbo's entourage out of control? What exactly was done by Kimbo or his crew to make the sport look bad? Where is the substance to back up your claims? Is there any substance to what you're saying?

You did not respond to a single point other than to give the usual "I been watching MMA since...." BS and claim your love for Pride and you're acting like you don't know who James Thompson is.

If you were so informed, you would also know if was Chuck who started the war of words with Kimbo after the Bo Cantrell fight. It was Chuck who called him out. Which is fine. That fight was %%%+#%@@. But if a fighter calls out another fighter, what do you think is going to happen "true MMA"? Kimbo responds and he's "bad for the sport". That's some clown %***.

But there A LOT you don't seem to know. So this discussion is really going to go nowhere. Can't have an intelligent discussion with someone who thinks they know something but a) can't prove it and b) the truth is actually the exact opposite and that information is out there for everyone to see.

That CBS card is VERY solid, especially for a freebee. Robbie Lawler is always a good watch. Scott Smith is no slouch. Kimbo/James could be fireworks. But the fight I'm looking forward to is Baroni/Villasenor for some reason. I commend Elite XC for finding a great replacement fighter when Nija went down.

Well you would like to make up a lot of bs facts about me so I gave you a little bit of my background which you quickly dismissed in a sarcastic tone.and so what if Chuck says stuff? HE IS UNPROVEN. No one with a shred of thinks he's ready for people like Chuck. Even Bas stated in an interview he'ssimply not ready for top guys. (btw challenging other fighters to bare knuckle fights make the sport look really nice) Chuck also said he could take Fedor whatdoes Fedor do? Talk trash back? He ignores it even though he is far more proven than Kimbo will ever be. and by true mma fan I mean somebody who enjoys a fightinvolving wrestling, subs, striking, bjj, and not fights with overhyped 1 dimensional superstars. btw Baroni is done. He looked terrible in his last fight vsShammy. btw Showtime must have alot of pull. Kimbo on ESPN

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I can't help but
laugh.gif
when I read the dumb *#%# people like TrueshotAura type. I don't even need to go into why it's so funny, anyone with a shred of 'true MMA' knowledge sees the humor in it.
Thank you for your ******ed insight. We needed it.

Met Rampage at the gas station a few weeks back. He's always walking his dog around where we ball, kick it and what not. He has a DOPE $$# Audi R8.. a hugebeastly truck reppin toyo tires all on it.. and a wack expedition with chainlinks all around it. But yeah when does he fight again? also anyone know when thiscomes out?

Back
Top Bottom